Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What is the best adhesive?        (Topic#1564199)
ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

I need to get more adhesive...I do a lot of altered albums and i need something strong. i buy the red double sided supper sticky tape but it goes quickly (I wish they made larger yardage on these). I have been using Aleenes tacky Glue for years and like it...but have always wanted an ATG gun. Since i have taken a break for a few years I am out of the loop of what is the best. Any suggestions?

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to ReadySetDistress

I love my atg for doing altered albums! I make a bunch of mini albums and its the only thing I use! There's also this stuff thats called miracle tape...it comes in larger rolls than the red tape! That stuff is awesome as well!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

I love love love my ATG. I got mine from thetapedepot just before Scotch released the pink ATG, and have been wanting the pink, but the rolls of tape for my gun are so much cheaper, I'll just stick with the one I have.

Another strong adhesive is Yes Glue. flyingunicorn swears by it!
Products Referenced in This Post:

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to Rosita

ok what is the difference in the size of tape/color of the gun. i think m's only sales the pink on...so it might be my only choice...but which is the best to buy? Does one gun only hold one size of tape?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I love my ATG, you can get 1/4" or 3/4". I have the 1/4 and it does the trick for me. PM me if you want the name of a good place to buy the replacement rolls.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to scrap4brains

I'm in love with my red ATG 714! The 1/4 inch does everything I need it to. I highly recommend it!!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to meezerpleaser

Is there a difference in the red and the pink one other then the color of the gun? They are both 1/4 inch right?

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

yep, they're both 1/4" and I have and love both of them. I don't notice a difference between them, though I have heard some people say the pink one is a little lighter. I keep both of mine loaded so that when one runs out I can just pick up the other one and keep going. I found that it was a little hard to load the adhesive when I first got started with it, but there are some great videos on youtube that I found very helpful.

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to Coastie Wife

Thank you all very much...I think I'm going to M's today with my 50% off coupon!!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-13-11 05:58 AM

Yay! Did you get the ATG? How do you like it? I love mine...I have the red one.

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to LeeLo

I have the yellow ATG (I want the pink one now!) I love the ATG and buy a large amount of tape at a time (an entire box worth). Great glue and so much faster than pulling the mounting squares off.

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to scrappingaddict

I like different adhesives for different things. For most things, like adhering ribbon to paper crafts, I use my ATG since the glue doesn't leak through the ribbon and holds well.

For making mini albums, I like using ModPodge to adhere the cardstock or paper to the chipboard. It has a longer drying time, but it holds really well.

For some small embellishments like buttons, flowers and rosettes, I like to use glue dots in various sizes.

If I want a die cut or flower or whatever to have more dimension, then I use pop-dots.

I can't say that I have just one favorite glue because I use several kinds.

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to mschiddy

Ok...I got it!!!! and guess what it was already half off so I got to use my 50% coupon son the big bite!!! anyway now i am trying to load it... but I just finally got it I think!!! I am now off to use it...making a bo bunny love word book for my neighbor! I will let you know my thoughts in a bit...so far its not as heavy as I thought!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

• Cupcakes for Chloe Said:
I love my atg for doing altered albums! I make a bunch of mini albums and its the only thing I use! There's also this stuff thats called miracle tape...it comes in larger rolls than the red tape! That stuff is awesome as well!

I've never heard of miracle tape...is it sold in local stores? I'm not a fan of ordering on line unless I have to. I was gonna post that I wish atg made the miracle tape or red sticky tape for the gun...I definitely need larger rolls of that stuff. I go through it fast.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 09-13-11 04:46 PM

I resisted buying an ATG for a long time, but I have to say that I really LOVE mine and wouldn't want to scrap without it. The adhesive is very strong.

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to IzzyB

I'm loving it so far but have a question especially to my friends who make altered albums...I am so use to glue...what technique do you use to get the adhesive on the edge for a secure seal...the roller is so much bigger to the the width of the adbesive...help!...lol

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

I never thought I would want an ATG... but after reading similar posts for about a year, I got one with a coupon for half off. Now I don't know how I would live without it. I watched a youtube video a few times to get the loading just right. I also get the refill packages for half off with a coupon.......

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I think as you use it more & become more comfortable with it's size & how the tape goes onto your work it gets easier to get it right where you want it. I can fairly easily get the tape right on the edge of the paper so there isn't any gap. I have the pink ATG.. love it!!! Good luck with your new toy!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Karen3066

I LOVE my ATG gun. I have the pink one that I picked up at my LSS with a 40% off coupon and paid just under $17.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I personally love LOVE LOVE my ATG!! I ended up paying 4.00 for it though. I had a 20.00 store credit on a gift card. Tacky glue is my next favorite and then of course glue dots!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics