Username Post: Scoring mats        (Topic#1564285)
Lydgranger
Resident
Lydgranger

I am interested in getting some type of scoring mat or system to make folds in cardstock. Does anyone have any info of what is available and the pros and cons of each type of mat.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Lydgranger

I have the Martha Stewart scoring board and like it very much. It's not complicated to use and it has all the measurements on a little "cheat sheet" on the board so I don't even have to remember anything. I got mine at M's on sale, so it was very affordable.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to GaMtnScrap

yep, the MS score board. It was 50% off YESTERDAY at M's.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Seaexplore

Another vote for the Martha Stewart scoring board here. Even without a sale it is still about half the price of the competition. What I really love is that it has scoring marks every 1/8th of an inch. Also has an envelope template so you can make your own envelopes, plus directions for making envelopes and boxes.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to godschild94

One more vote for the MS board. I love it.

Lydgranger
Resident
Lydgranger
In response to kelseymel

Thanks I will go to M's and check it out

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

I too have the Martha Stewart one, which I love. That said, Making Memories has a new one coming out that also works as a paper trimmer. Being that I am forever in the market for a paper trimmer (I have 4 now...not that I don't love them, but you can never have enough lol)

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Nancy Keslin

I like my Martha Stewart one, too.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to scrap4brains

I have the Scor-Pal and I really like it, as well. I got it at a discounted rate from a friend who owned a LSS at the time. If I had to pay full price for it, I probably would not have bought it and would just wait for a coupon or sale to get the MS one. I love my scor-pal, but it's more expensive than the MS one and pretty much does the same thing!

ttownsend
Tenant
ttownsend
In response to siameseplease

Another vote for the Martha Stewart scoring board here too!

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110
In response to ttownsend

I also have to put my vote towards the Martha Stewart Scoring Board. I love it.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to s_healy1110

Does anyone have the new SU one????

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to binkiemonstermom

another recommend for the MS scoreboard!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to CommaHolly

I want an MS one to and they are 1/2 off at ACM and M's this week...man of course when I didn't have the money guess will have to be satisfied with my ruler, scoring blade on my fiskers cutter... and my good ole bone...

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110
In response to binkiemonstermom

• binkiemonstermom Said:
Does anyone have the new SU one????

I think it is almost just like the Martha Stewart one, they have just added the markers at the top. It also scores ever 1/8 of an inch. But it doesn't include an envelope guide. Plus its cost a lot more.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to s_healy1110

I have the score-pal and quite like it.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to SandraB.

I have the Crafter's companion and liked it a lot ...

until I got the MS scoring board ... it is an awesome product and very affordable

Lydgranger
Resident
Lydgranger
In response to madmatter

Thank you all-Went to M's and bought the Martha Stewart score pad on sale for $9.99 and now need to figure out how to use it- I want to try the Diamond fold as per Creations with Christina website

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

• Lydgranger Said:
Thank you all-Went to M's and bought the Martha Stewart score pad on sale for $9.99 and now need to figure out how to use it- I want to try the Diamond fold as per Creations with Christina website

YouTube. You'll find a video for pretty much anything you want to do there. Have fun!

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap

• Lydgranger Said:

Wow, that's a great price. I was just coming here to post that M's has it on sale next week for 40% off, plus they have a coupon good for tomorrow (Sunday) only for an additional 20% off even on sale prices. But, sounds like you got just as good a deal as that. Congrats, and hope you enjoy it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics