Username Post: Copics have their own paper!!!        (Topic#1564371)
eshascreations
Tenant
eshascreations

I was looking at the Copic website when I saw that they have paper specially design for their markers.

Here's the site:
http://www.copicmarker.com/products/paper

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to eshascreations

I've seen a ton of that when I started buying copics,,,,

but my Georgia Pacific works fine for me, so I'll stick to that! I am CHEAP!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to CommaHolly

Of course they have their own "special" paper! :o)

As with CommaHolly, I am cheap and will stick to my Borden & Riley,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Shutterbugg

sixty BUCKS???????????????????? ???

for 150 sheets??????????????????

I pay SIX bucks for 150 sheets of Georgia Pacific

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I'm addicted to Gina K 80 lb. The 120 is good too, but the 80 lb is a bit easier to cut when I want to cut around an image and also a bit easier to blend.

I've got friends who swear by Neenah or Papertrey. I tried both but didn't like them nearly as much as Gina K.

It's pricey too, though.

Edited by siameseplease on 09-16-11 03:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Holly, I won't slam your GP. I'll just say not to use any of the other stuff. I started out with GP, too. Then I got some Gina K and now I can't go back to GP. In some ways, it's better to just stick with the cheap stuff that you know you like, LOL.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

it's honestly not as much CHEAP as easy to get,,,,,I can scoot down to WM any time

I honestly HATE ordering things because I hate to wait,,,it's killing me right this minute, because I am waiting for 22 copics to show up

no where local to buy them except M's for 7 bucks a shot,,,I wanted them a little faster than one at a time with a 40% off coupon

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

After using Cryogen I have trouble with any other paper. I I really don't like Express I know it's Copic paper but it's not as user friendly as cryogen

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Sneezy1956

I've had good luck just using 110lb. cardstock from Staples. Mind you I'm just a beginner.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-16-11 05:50 PM
In response to SandraB.

I adore the sparkle of Cryogen!

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau
In response to stick

I use Gina K and Papertrey Ink. Tend to lean towards my Gina K a little more though!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to afilatreau

Holly, I have the same issue with waiting. I order my copics from Oozak and Rusty usually ships the same day. I have all of the copics I want right now, but I will get impatient waiting on the refills for sure. For paper, I just make sure I have plenty in stock and when I see it getting low (like down to 10 sheets), I order more. That way, I don't run out!

Cryogen's sparkle/sheen is pretty. I like it, too. I just love Gina K best! Papertrey Ink didn't work well for me. I wonder how much of it has to do with coloring styles, too, though?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I use Strathmore Smooth Bristol. I bought it at J's in the manga section and used my coupon. It's 100 lb. I still put something beneath it for any run through, and on a few occasions I've used the backside for my final project because it just looked neat.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 09-16-11 06:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Luvmyfam

I've heard the Bristol is good too!

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I use Strathmore Smooth Bristol. I bought it at J's in the manga section and used my coupon. It's 100 lb. I still put something beneath it for any run through, and on a few occasions I've used the backside for my final project because it just looked neat.

Thanks for sharing I saw the Strathmore at M's ut didn't know which one to try so I guess I eill try that one first.

Has any of you tried the Bazzills smooth paper?????

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Thaiti30

Is there any paper offered at scrapbook.com that anyone likes??? I need to place an order here soon so I thought I would ask, I can add it to my order for something new to try.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

• siameseplease Said:
I'm addicted to Gina K 80 lb. The 120 is good too, but the 80 lb is a bit easier to cut when I want to cut around an image and also a bit easier to blend.

I've got friends who swear by Neenah or Papertrey. I tried both but didn't like them nearly as much as Gina K.

It's pricey too, though.

I've only used the 120lb...is the 80lb shiny too? Does it bleed thru at all?

Thanks!

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to Thaiti30

• Thaiti30 Said:
  • Luvmyfam Said:

Thanks for sharing I saw the Strathmore at M's ut didn't know which one to try so I guess I eill try that one first.

I've used the Bazzill Smoothies and like my results.
But I really LOVE cryogen white - it has a touch of irrisidence built into the paper.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to stephie

• stephie Said:
  • Thaiti30 Said:
  • Luvmyfam Said:

I've used the Bazzill Smoothies and like my results.
But I really LOVE cryogen white - it has a touch of irrisidence built into the paper.

Thanks for the info Stephie!!! I can't wait to try it!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics