Username Post: Thoughts on MS glitter markers v. Copic Spicas??        (Topic#1564377)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-16-11 10:32 AM

Besides the fact that there are more colors of Spicas.

Have any of you compared these two products?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to stick

yes,,,,,I like them both.

MS are a bit jucier, so if you like that go for it,,,,

the spica ones are very cool, but not as juicy and have a smaller tip for fine detail.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-16-11 11:11 AM
In response to CommaHolly

Both. Okay, that works for me

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to stick

I like the Sakura Stardust pens for glitter pens. I haven't used the MS ones though. I have a set of Spicas and they're OK...but I like the Sakuras better. They have more sparkle.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Here Kitty

sounds like I need sakuras

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-16-11 11:19 AM
In response to CommaHolly

That's very interesting, Amy, thanks!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to stick

yep! I also use the Sakuras for coloring in stamps. You don't want to use them on huge areas or it takes a long time, but they give a beautiful sparkle to stamped images!
I used them on the carousel horse on this card. They're opaque, unlike the Spicas which are pretty see-through.
Whimsical Carousel By Here Kitty
**The coarse sparkles are loose glitter (mane/tale), but everything is colored with the Sakura Stardust pens.

Edited by Here Kitty on 09-16-11 11:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-16-11 12:05 PM
In response to Here Kitty

And the lemming for Spicas is officially killed, thank you. But I do need more Sakuras

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to stick

What Amy said!

I wouldn't mind getting some spicas for the times that I want a more subtle bling, but for full-on, excellent coverage, I prefer my sakuras.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to siameseplease

I have only the clear Spica. I love it!!! I use it over my regular copic pens to give my stamped images a touch of glimmery sheen. It's also great over pp.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Luvmyfam

Amy, your card is so pretty!

Oooh, now I really want some Sakura Stardust pens. And if I remember correctly, I think I saw a Scrapbook Memories TV episode one time where they actually used the stardust pens to watercolor with, too. At least, I think it was the stardust pens. I'll have to go see if I can find the episode online to see if that was the pen they used. I like pens and tools you can use for multiple purposes and finishes like that (straight out of the box, or with other mediums).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics