Page 1 of 18 
Username Post: Halloween kit swap-Who is still waiting?        (Topic#1564379)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Come join in the fun! This is a Halloween kit swap. The following items are needed in this kit (minimum):

2 - 12x12 Halloween themed pattern papers
3- handmade goodies to match the papers
2 - 12" ribbons to coordinate with the papers
1 - Handmade bling item

There are two categories, one Cutesy kit suited for children and one Scary/frightful for adults/older teens. You can sign up for one or both!

RULES:
1)You must check in at least once a week.
2)Your kit must be FINISHED by 10/14/11.
3)you must post a picture of your kit. It doesn't have to be in the public gallery, but at least posted to your gallery. The time frame is important this only gives you four weeks to put it together.
4) PM me with your name and address no later than 9/28/11.
5) I will pm you on 10/15/11 with your pal's name and address. If you haven't completed your kit, by the deadline, you won't be able to swap out. It's not fair for some to be on time while others wait until the last minute and don't get it done in time or forget about it and someone is left out.
6) Most important, HAVE FUN!!!

= I have your address
= you posted a picture of your kit

Halloween Cutesy
1. Meredith
2. Brenda
3. Jen-d
4. Phonechic - Jen S
5. Megan Ann
6. Megan Ann
7. Yevale
8. Melissa
9 Sally
10. Amber

Halloween - Frightful/scary/ghastful
1. Debby
2. Sally
3. Meredith
4. Jen-d
5. Phonechic
6. Megan Ann
7. Megan Ann
8. Melissa

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-25-11 06:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to Lookin4newideas

That 12x12 shipping is going to be expensive!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to stopnstare07

Let me rephrase that...because it will be a bit pricey to ship 12x12 papers (having to package it a certain way so papers don't bend and having to probably ship in a bigger box, maybe you should require more. I love Halloween, but I am looking at my swap and challenge obligations and OMG! Good luck with this one!!! I know it will be fab!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Count me in for Halloween - Frightful/scary/ghastful This sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to debby_westbrook

Actually, the 12x12 doesn't cost that much more to ship. Maybe a dollar more than sending in other swaps. When I mail my ugly papers and embellie, it usually costs me $2.05. So, figure with the extra weight about $3. And with this swap, you don't need to worry about return postage!

Meredith h
Veteran
Meredith h

I'm in! Sally, please sign me up for a spot in each!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Meredith h

Do you ship these in the large envelopes? How do the papers end up not being bent?

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to Kamananui

Yeah, I want to know what you use to ship as well...I've been obviously using the wrong type of box!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

You can use anything like a pizza box. Have you ever ordered scrapbook paper online? I save all my boxes. Then there are envelopes that are big enough to put 12x12 papers in. I just sent out a package yesterday with some paper. The envelope was actually longer than 12". I save everything, so I have cardboard that comes in the paper packs I buy. You can also cut up a cardboard box and place your items between them. Cut the cardboard about 12.5x12.5 so you can tape the edges together. You can buy one of those tubes at the post office. I think they cost $2.19 and then it costs about $2.25 to mail, slightly more because there will be hand made goodies.

oops, forgot I started to type, the envelope I mailed, I put a piece of cardboard in it, then I folded over the envelope to fit and taped it.

I thought about doing the 6x6 papers like Amy does for her kits, but then a lot of Halloween paper can't be cut up like that.

Sometimes you can go to your local pizza shop and ask them if you can have one of the xl pizza boxes. Or they might sell you one for .50

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-16-11 05:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Hi Sally! im going to think about this.. it sounds like a great swap!

also I was the one who Sally sent 12x12 paper and she put it in the big envie and folded the one part.. it was delivered to me fine.. Didnt get bent or ruined at all.. thanks again Sally! lol

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to ScrapAngel4

Here is my kit... I have never done this before. Please tell me if anything is wrong, I do not want anyone to be disappointed....

Halloween Kit Swap By Debby_westbrook

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

You rocked it Deb!!! I don't see one bit of disappointment in your kit!!

That's right, I forgot I also sent 12x12 paper to you too, ScrapAngel. I had included an ink pad, a stamp and some other goodies and that cost $2.73 to mail.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I'm so happy

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Very clever...never ordered paper online but these are all great ideas!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi Sally,

I am thinking about joining this swap. Here in Australia we don't get Halloween Papers since Halloween isn't big (it sucks that we don't get any!), I use A4 size Halloween Paper I print myself from Digi sites where I buy it. I thought maybe I could include 4 of these in my kit, but then I thought people might be dissapointed if they wanted to do a lo instead of a mini. Was trying to think of a solution and I thought maybe I could order paper online as suggested and have it posted directly to you ( since it would be coming from the US anyway!) then I could just send the rest of the kit to you? What do you think?

Cheers,

Jen

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jenniferd1009

Hi Jen, I think that would work, but it seems it would be a bit costly on your part. I'm thinking here... Ok, I have an idea... instead of you ordering paper online and then having to pay s&h for that and then you'd have to pay postage to send the rest of your kit, Go ahead and send the rest of the kit to me and I'll go to the store and buy paper here. That sucks you have to live on the other side of the planet!! But at the same time, I think it's awesome that our love of scrap-booking brings us together. How are you coming along with your die cuts and recipe cards? You could probably add your kit to the same package. Will that work for you?

So, Henva, does that mean you're going to sign up for the swap??!!!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-17-11 05:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

JCI

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi Sally,

That sounds great! But are you absolutely certain you are happy to do all that extra work for me? It seems a lot to ask and I don't mind paying S&H......

My die cuts and MMM's are all done and I am almost finished my recipe cards, I should definitely be able to pop the kits in with that stuff, but if it weighs too much or is too bulky, I may send it in two envelopes as it is cheaper to do so. = )

So count me in! I will take a spot in each please! I can't believe I will finally be able to get some real, proper Halloween papers!!!!
With the ribbon though, All I will be able to include is some cute fibres, lace and ribbon in Halloween colours as I again don't have access to proper Halloween ribbon. It does suck living over here on the other (less fun) side of the world....been trying to talk hubby into moving to the US!

Nothing wrong with Aus you understand, but I am so accustomed to all the festivities and love of life in the US! I really miss everyone decorating everything for Christmas and Halloween. The first year I did Halloween at my house, I was all set up with tricks, treats and decorations and never even got one trick or treater! = (

And I really miss not being able to get absolutely anything I want to buy....things here are a little limited compared to the US where you can buy just about anything your heart desires! Of course the internet has made things a bit better, but shipping can be so costly!

Most of all I miss the fun loving, humorous and irrascible American people! So friendly and full of fun! = )

Cheers,

Jen

Latte_Memories
Veteran
Latte_Memories

Please sign me up for the Cutesy swap.
Thanks, Brenda

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Latte_Memories

Hi Brenda! Welcome!

Jen - I don't mind buying paper at all, now that's a silly thing to ask!!! I can't buy it for myself, so buying it for someone else is just as fun! As far as ribbons, you can use black or purple or orange. It doesn't have to be special Halloween ribbon.

Are you originally from the US? How long have you been in AUS?

I live within

Page 1 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics