Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What is your best paper cutter/trimmer?        (Topic#1564395)
craftygirl84
Veteran
craftygirl84

Just wondering which paper cutter/trimmer is best? I have a Friskar right now and it doesn't work too too well....Thanks for your help girls!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to craftygirl84

I love my portable fiskar. I just chnage the blades when it starts to grab the paper

Edited by Just G on 09-16-11 06:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

I have the same Fiskars trimmer that Glenda does, and I love it.

Fiskars makes several trimmers. I am not a fan of the guillotine cutter, and I've heard that their newest trimmer with the guidewire is having some issues. I love all of their other trimmers, though.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Luvmyfam

I have 2 Fiskars right now that I like....I LOVE the one I use for trimming photos (the 9" one).....as for the paper trimmer.....It's ok but I sometimes have slight problems so I am thinking of getting the rotary one by Creative Memories.

I have one by Cricut and HATE IT!!!

My first one was a creative memories slide trimmer and it worked good for a while(it was used) and then not so good....I tried the rotary one at a crop where there is a Creative memories consultant and I loved it but only got to use it once.

BTW, the ones I have, I got with 50% of coupons from Michaels.

Edited by PhotobearSam on 09-16-11 07:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to PhotobearSam

i hate guillotine cutters

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Just G

I have two Fiskars trimmers. Like both of them, but the triple track one is my favorite of the two.

eshascreations
Tenant
eshascreations
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have 2 Fiskars trimmers & they work beautifully.

NJHeart2Heart
Tenant
NJHeart2Heart
In response to eshascreations

I haven't used it regularly yet, but my current favorite is also the fiskars 12" with guideline wire. I use my small Fiskars 9" cutter for photos and smaller stuff, and have used that style since I first started scrapbooking. I'm on my second one, and I do love it so

msdixie
Veteran
msdixie
In response to NJHeart2Heart

i love mine! it's the fiskars 12" sure cut premium - it's the wider one, marked with sizes of cards AWESOME trimmer! and the new ones have titanium blades.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to msdixie

• msdixie Said:
i love mine! it's the fiskars 12" sure cut premium - it's the wider one, marked with sizes of cards AWESOME trimmer! and the new ones have titanium blades.

Do the titanium blades last longer? What are the benefits of them? I haven't heard or noticed anything about titanium blades.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to veejer

I had the Fiskars with the guide wire and LOVED it until the wire frayed.

I now have the CutterPillar pro rotary trimmer at home, and absolutely love it, but it takes up a bit of 'real estate', so I carry an older, the blue fiskars to crops.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by mjmone on 10-05-11 11:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to craftygirl84

I love my old Creative Memories paper trimmer, now discontinued--don't know what I'll do when my last replacement blade is dull. I also love their little guillotine cutter and the big Purple Cow Combo with guillotine on one side and the changeable rotary blades on the other. I can't conceive of giving up any of them!

darkone
New Kid On the Block
darkone
In response to Ms. Fit

I have a ordinary A4 size guillotine, I've had it for a few years now and the blade is still sharp as ever and I just picked it up a K-Mart!

DeborahM-Mom of Two
Idol
DeborahM-Mom of Two
In response to darkone

I've got the Fiskars 12" cutter. What I like about it is that there's not a cutting strip, like the cutterpedes which tended to get warped over time.

However, it doesn't do thicker material like chipboard well, at all. If I have a lot of photos to cut I usually bring out my smaller guillotine cutter. All the guillotine's I've tried are great cutting at the top of the blade, but get worse towards the bottom.

Tenant
In response to DeborahM-Mom of Two

I have the Fiskars trimmer that Just G has also and I LOVE IT!!!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to DesignHog

I have the Fiskars premium cutter that pp are talking about and it cuts well but my blade keeps popping out....
It's not that old either, only bought it a few months ago...
Alison

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to kiyawinn

I bought a Swingline guillotine cutter in June at Office Depot, and it's been great. I had problems with every trimmer I ever had--they would tug and pull on my paper, making me very mad! One that I picked up Target was doing that stuff in its first week of use! My cutter was $30, but that is better than no-good $16-20 trimmers. I will never go back to trimmers.

Maria Featon
Tenant
Maria Featon
In response to jaspernonyx

I have a Kaisercutter (by Kaisercraft) and I'm very happy with it.

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to Maria Featon

My favorite is my cuttlebug! Love it!!

Tenant
In response to AniPie

I have an old Fiskars cutter that doesn't cut straight lines anymore, so I relegated it to coupon clipping and got a Carl on clearance at Office Max a few years ago. I love my Carl! But Costco had a Purple Cows cutter in mid to late January that I was sooo drooling over!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics