Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: digi stamps and copics        (Topic#1564453)
SDaisy2
Resident
SDaisy2
In response to tenderlovingcards

Stumbled across this chat a few days ago. I immediately searched for digistamps, because I had no clue. I AM HOOKED!! I made two cards last-night. I posted them in my gallery. I am not sure how to post them here, still learning. lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SDaisy2

I know,,,,,I'm hooked too

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to CommaHolly

It all depends on the printer ink used and the paper you use. You have to use original printer ink usuable for your type of printer. So no store brand/refills ect. You can ask you local paper supplier for the paper brands. I am not sure which brands are available there but I know for sure they sell em here as me sis in law uses digi stamps with copics and has no problems. As long as she uses the combo between the paper and original printer ink. She uses HP ink so that shouldnt run. If it does, change the paper you use to print on.

golden1
Resident
golden1
In response to TheCharmedOne

i know this is an old discussion, but i'm going to chime in anyway. i LOVE digital stamped images and i LOVE coloring. i also have an hp. i stamp all my images on white cardstock, ten i color them. i haven't paid attention to waiting for them to dry before coloring, but i have never had a problem with the ink running. there is a free site for digital images. have fun

tralala
Veteran
tralala
In response to veejer

you need to print with a lazer printer not the ink jets.

CookieGranny
Guru
CookieGranny
In response to tralala

That's what I have heard... you're supposed to use a laser printer, not an ink jet.

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to CookieGranny

I just started dabbling into the Copics world. I have a lot of digistamps and love the variety that is out there. When I print my images, I use my Canon Pixma inkjet and Georgia Pacific 110lb paper. I've also only used Gina K Designs Pure Luxury cardstock -pure white (120lb) for stamping & using Copics. Never ever had an issue with smear inks from printing or stamping. I also wait 5 minutes before coloring.

Edited by KayMCee on 07-08-12 12:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky.contact
New Kid On the Block
Becky.contact
In response to tenderlovingcards

Hello,

I had this exact problem and have tried many different papers, but my printed digi image always seemed to run slightly with the Copic markers....but just this week I found that the Wausau cardstock, Bright White, 65 lb, 96 Bright works great, no running at all! I got a small pack of it at Target and it works perfectly! I just print the digi stamp and then set it for a moment with the embossing heating tool and I can color right away with the Copic markers with no running at all. It's amazing!

Just a small side note, the Wausau 110 lb cardstock was on sale at Michael's so I got it just last night and it does not work, my printed digi image did run just slightly with the Copic markers on the 110 lb....so it seems only the Wausau cardstock, Bright White, 65 lb, 96 Bright works. I think if you try this exact paper it will work for you. Also, I do not have a laser printer, I print my digi images from a plain HP printer. I have tried the Georgia Pacific cardstock from Walmart, Bazzil and several other cardstock brands but they all ran the moment I used the Copic markers.

I wish you the best of luck. You might want to try the Wausau cardstock, Bright White, 65 lb, 96 Bright.

Best wishes, Becky

Edited by Becky.contact on 07-19-12 06:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics