Username Post: help me choose my machine!        (Topic#1564561)
New Kid On the Block

I have a challenge! I need to make hanging air freshners-for resale. So I need a machine that will cut the cardboard. I would also like to emboss it. Anyone have any ideas?

I want to keep the cost as low as possible (of course)

Thanks in advance for all your help

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to divagirlusa

Depends if you do cards mostly or scrapbooking mostly.
For embossing and cutting cardboard, I love my big shot pro. The pro is bigger than a regular big shot. If you do scrapbooking, it is awesome because you can do 12X12 sizes and fit EVERY die out there. And they are coming out with 12X12 embossing folders in 2012. But if you do only cards, you can go cheaper and get a big shot.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to binkiemonstermom

Any of the machines I linked will do what you want. Like the previous poster said, unless you're going to be doing quite large items, you probably don't need the Big Shot Pro.

What dies are you going to be using to cut the cardboard? That could help narrow it down.

msdixie
Veteran
msdixie
In response to divagirlusa

I love my cuttlebug. I got the newer version ("V2") at JoAnn's and I used a 50% coupon to get it for $45... plus I had another $5 off coupon so I really got it for $40. The coupon states that it restricts ELECTRONIC machines... even the cashier commented (nicely) that it may not work, but I said well let's try and scan it anyway.. and it worked.. because it wasn't electronic. So that's not even someone can argue - and you can get a great deal! Other stores' coupons don't work on the manual one - not just the cricut.

I love the size and ease of use of the cuttlebug. Hope you have fun!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to msdixie

I have a sizzix die cutter that I got at a g-sale for $5 and you have to buy the die(s) you want but it cuts thru cardboard, fabric, some plastics... So many people are getting rid of older style machines like this to get the electronic type and this style is fantastic for a project like yours. If this sounds good to you check around and you may find a really good deal. Or even ask here on this site, someone may be willing to sell theirs.

New Kid On the Block
In response to catzscrapper

wow- so many options. I will do ALOT of research on the items that you all spoke about this weekend. I also would like to use it to help me to create lables for my candles

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics