Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Spellbinders Grand Calibur        (Topic#1564733)
Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

I presently have a Cuttlebug and was thinking of upgrading to the Spellbinders Grand Calibur. Anyone have this machine .... please share your opinion.
Thanks!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Linnny

I also have the Cuttlebug and just bought a Grand Calibur last month. LOVE IT. I got it for 40% off from Hobby Lobby. I just wrote a review with photos for the October issue of Scrap n' Art (it comes out Oct 1) if you're interested.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Here Kitty

Amy, thanks for your input and I look forward to your review. I could kick myself. HSN had it for $119 with 12 templates. But, I checked out HL online and I can use the 40% off coupon, so with shipping it's just under $90! I think that's a good deal. Now if I could find the space for it!!!!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Linnny

It's actually not that big considering the large cutting space. It's pretty light too, so moving it around isn't an issue

kaye222
Governor
kaye222

I own it....it is really great!....also there is a stamp company that works with their products.....Heartfelt Creations....stop over to my gallery to see some great ideas that spellbinders can do....

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to kaye222

There are a lot of stamp companies that work with Spellbinders dies - check out the list on the Spellbinder website

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Thanks Amy! Heading on over!!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

• Here Kitty Said:
There are a lot of stamp companies that work with Spellbinders dies - check out the list on the Spellbinder website

Amy, if you get a chance, I would love a link. I just googled and cannot find a spellbinder site that has this list. I'm so darn challenged when it comes to computer stuff. Thanks!!!

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Linnny

http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/Home.aspx

Does anyone know if they're compatable w/ the bigkick?

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to rubymillerand

Good morning!

Thanks Monique! That's the website I found, but I don't see the list of companies, ie, Heartfelt creations....

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Linnny

maybe they have something listed in the FAQ's section. That's where I found my answer - they do work w/ the bigkick.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

• rubymillerand Said:
http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/Home.aspx

Does anyone know if they're compatable w/ the bigkick?

all the spellbinders work with the big kick/shot except for the very largest grand dies.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Seaexplore

thanks, I'd rather have those because the original dies are a pain to store.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hey girlies! I just placed all my Nesties in a binder by using adhesive magnetic tape. I saw this technique on YouTube and it works beautifully! Just wanted to share this....

Spellbinders
New Kid On the Block
Spellbinders
In response to Linnny

Hi Linda!

Here's the FAQ link from our website that gives all the details on using other brand dies in our Grand Calibur Machine!
Spellbinders FAQ
Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues! We know you'll love your new Grand Calibur.

Edited by Spellbinders on 11-30-11 10:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Spellbinders

• Spellbinders Said:
Hi Linda!

Here's the FAQ link from our website that gives all the details on using other brand dies in our Grand Calibur Machine!
Spellbinders FAQ
Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues! We know you'll love your new Grand Calibur.

Thanks so much for the link! I need to to find some quiet time to get acquainted with my new 'toy'!!!!! I'm used to working with the ridge down....so working with the ridge up I'm guessing one needs to tape an image or sentiment in place..... that make sense??

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Linnny

Sorry, just saw this...
The links to companies that make stamps that coordinate can be found on the Community section of the website - where the blog is located.
http://spellbinderspapera rts.com/Community/Blog.aspx

Look for the Preferred Partners

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
  • Spellbinders Said:
Hi Linda!

Spellbinders FAQ

Thanks so much for the link! I need to to find some quiet time to get acquainted with my new 'toy'!!!!! I'm used to working with the ridge down....so working with the ridge up I'm guessing one needs to tape an image or sentiment in place..... that make sense??

Not sure what you mean here - why would you have to work with the ridge of the die facing up?

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

• Here Kitty Said:
  • Linnny Said:
  • Spellbinders Said:
Hi Linda!

Spellbinders FAQ

Not sure what you mean here - why would you have to work with the ridge of the die facing up?

That's what is causing me frustration. The directions read for cutting sandwich: "stack from the bottom up...stack grey A, die template ridge cutting edge up, media, and white plate." So by following these directions one has a very difficult time centering an image of sentiment to be cut. Are the directions not right? I appreciate all help!!!

Oh, and thanks for the link to the Spellbinder 'partners'. Wonderful!!!

Edited by Linnny on 12-01-11 11:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Linnny

I'd just stack it reverse. When I use nestles in my big kick, I do them cutting ridge down so I can see where I'm cutting.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics