Username Post: What's your favorite paper cutter?        (Topic#1564825)
Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Hello Scrapbook Family!

I have tried and used several paper cutters and I still can't seem to find one that cuts exactly perfect. Which paper cutter do you like or would recommend? Do you have more than one you use? Thanks in advance for your responses!!

Products Referenced in This Post:

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Ariwass

I love my Fiskars bypass trimmer. I use it for photos and cards. I've had it for years and it is 100% true that it's self-sharpening. It cuts as well as the day I got it.

I have a Fiskars trimmer for 12x12 too. I like it, but don't love it. I hate having to change the blades so often.

Cindy

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to cindy312

I use the Fiskars one that is at the top of your list. I had the old style for 5+ years and then bought the new one - love the cut line and the blade style on the newer version.

I also used the CM personal trimmer for 10 years and then finally bought a Fiskars one and find that it works well.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to pugs223

I don't use a traditional paper cutter, I use an olfa rotating self healing mat, clear 6x12" ruler and rotary cutter. A lot of people think I'm nuts when I pull it out, but I love being able to just rotate my mat to make further cuts instead of picking up and moving my paper.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to MrsAnnieS

I tried many of them, and wouldn't trade my Tonic guillotine cutters for anything!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dwelch

I've tried them all and don't like any of them they all eventually start cutting crooked!

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to cindy312

Wow, I like the self sharping thing. Christmas wish list!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to CrimsonMama

I have a Creative Memories 12 inch trimmer and personal trimmer (to do photo cropping), and I love them both.

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29
In response to chile_chicken

I have the old school grey fiskars! I had one for years and years then lost it in our move to our new house(and I think still it's the only thing that got lost!) I found one, thankfully, on ebay. Still love it!

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Spooky29

I have the old grey Fiskars one also that I keep in my bag that I take to crops and classes. I have both the large Fiskars table top model as well as a small green Provo-Craft model that I just use at home. Having one for "travelling" and one for home means I'm never without a cutter.

fishdc
fishdc 
Veteran
fishdc
In response to SandraB.

CM 12x12 trimmer, love it!

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 09-29-11 06:27 PM
In response to fishdc

i have the creative memories trimmer and a rotary trimmer. looking for a new one also but just can't decide.

Tenant
In response to timon

I really like my Xacto laser cutter. They sell it here, but I think my Husband bought mine off Amazon last year for Christmas. It is quite bulky, but I actually kind of like that because it doesn't move on me when I'm cutting.
Products Referenced in This Post:

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to meagan82one

Tonic Guillotine hands down.

For my fine detail trimming I just got a fiskars surecut. I don't see the one I have pictured in your list. It has a wider base (maybe 6") I have been liking it alot so far for trimming things at 1/4 increments.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-30-11 09:01 AM
In response to chile_chicken

• chile_chicken Said:
I have a Creative Memories 12 inch trimmer and personal trimmer (to do photo cropping), and I love them both.

This is exactly what I use! I love them both. How do your blades hold up in the 12" trimmer? I've had mine for years and just now bought a replacement blade. It has been used quite a lot.

Ms. Mom
Expert
Ms. Mom
In response to LeeLo

I've been through several also and none of them seem to cut perfectly straight. Been eyeballin' that Tonic one for a while though.I have found with my Fiskars one that if I line it up with the cutting lines, the cuts are straighter. I have paper trimmer issues so I can't really be of any help on this one.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Ms. Mom

I love my cutterpillar and MM trimmer. I have had no luck with Fiskars and I have had four different ones but they don't cut strainght (some of the rotary ones bow in the middle).

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to meagan82one

• meagan82one Said:
I really like my Xacto laser cutter. They sell it here, but I think my Husband bought mine off Amazon last year for Christmas. It is quite bulky, but I actually kind of like that because it doesn't move on me when I'm cutting.

My friend has one and it has metric measurements on it, I am in Canada but scrappy supplies are in inches not centimetres so I don't like it.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to CorrieW

THANK YOU Scrapbook Family for ALL your comments and feedback!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics