Username Post: Layered Cardstock Embellies Storage        (Topic#1564853)
CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama

I have several boxes of embellishment that are sold with the plastic box over a cardboard piece for display (shown below). After you open these to use some, how do you store them so they don't get crimped up and can view what you have on hand easily?

Also for the envelopes of die cut cardstock and acetate pieces.

Right now, I have some just stuffed into a three ring sheet protector but wondered if there is a neater way. TIA!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to CrimsonMama

I had mine in a 3 ring binder in slotted page protectors (like baseball card page protectors) until last weekend when I dropped the binder and a bunch spilled out. Now I have them in different sized individual plastic zip bags (available in the craft section at HL) and just store them in a photo box. It's much lighter than the binder and although it is not an "easy to see what ya have" kind of storage system, it does make me go through the whole box and pick out what I want to use, which refreshes my mind on what all is in the box.

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to Shutterbugg

Oh the baseball card holder's sound like a good idea and I have a binder. I have some biz card holders too but those are too small for everything. Thanks!

SedonaScrapper
Pro
SedonaScrapper

I put mine in clear plastic sandwich bags, and all the bags just in a wooden, deep open box that's kinda cute that I got at the thrift store. I can't see all my bags at once and kinda have to rifle through until I find the one I want, but it works for me. I guess if you had a really huge collection, you could use more than one box and sort by color.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to SedonaScrapper

I use baby food jars, for the embellies that fit into them, and store them (lid on) upside down in a shallow drawer. This way I can see what's in each jar without digging thru everything.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer

I actually have all (or most) of mine in their packages in a 12x12 Iris box. I'm looking into getting the Cropper hopper or other photo storage to make things easier since my collection is growing.
Products Referenced in This Post:

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to veejer

Nice case! I would not have thought of photo storage boxes, this is great. Thank you.

Ms. Mom
Expert
Ms. Mom

I store mine horizontally in a photo box and use the enclosed dividers to divide them. Sometimes I put them in a plastic bag if I need to take them out of the packaging.

ehammann
Veteran
ehammann
In response to Ms. Mom

I use a plastic set of small/medium drawers that I got at the Container Store. You can also find these at any hardware store in the storage section. They advertise them as nuts/bolts/nail storage. It's awesome and perfect for holding your flowers and small embellishments.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to veejer

I have mine in a plastic photo storage box that has the individual boxes inside, like the cropper hopper mentioned previously - it works really well & nothing ever gets crushed! I keep my dimensional flowers in the same case as well. You can see the case on the far left:

Reorganized Scraproom - What's on the Desk 3 By Papermouse

I tried the binder thing, but it made me absolutely crazy flipping through the pages-bits would slide out, the pages would flop around, and it was hard to take anywhere...I'm liking this method sooooo much better. Plus, if I go to a crop, I can pull out the smaller 4x6 case that I want and just throw it in my bag without worrying about the pieces getting crushed...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics