Page 1 of 13 
Username Post: October Budget Challenge        (Topic#1565123)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Welcome to the October Budget Challenge! We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!!

The rules: List your budget for the month of October that you want to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Sonja

My budget is: $140-$30-$14=$96.00-$31=$65-$25=$40-$10=$3 0-$54=BUSTED
Wish List: SOD kit, Storyteller kit, 12x12 album pages, MS Snowflake punch, Dusty Attic chipboard frame set, 5x7 cards Cricut Winter Frolic cartridge
Twist: NO PAPER or $1 bin stuff!

Alissa

Budget: $30-$16=$14-$9=$5 SO VERY BUSTED!
Wish: foam brushes, new Glitz design, new EP
Twist: xmas krap

Kelly

Budget: $130-$36=$94-$48=$46-$13= $33-??=BUSTED

Wish List: MS Himalayan snowflake punch, MS pansy PATP set, EK flower punch, 2in scallop square punch, patterned paper for Christmas cards, sheer white ribbon, dark blue ink, Heartfelt Creations Christmas dies & matching stamps, T.H. Tiny Attacher, Christmas PP, Winter Frolic cart

Twist: No paper other than what's listed, no flowers, no dollar bin items

Tammy

I am going to do a budget of $25
Wish: I don't have one - it's a just in case budget
Twist: I don't have one - it's a just in case budget

Courtney

Budget: $25-$27=BUSTED
Wishlist: whatever I "NEED" LOL
Twist: NO PAPER!! BAD GIRL

Tina

Budget: $75-$52=$22-$$$=BUSTED
Wish: Elegant Edges
Twist: paper

Vivian

Budget: $** -$9
Wants: Peachy Keen Stamps, Punches, and paper
Twist: none

Vanessa

Budget: $200-$37=$163-$25=$138-$1 39= BUSTED
Wishlist: 2" square punch, lace/other trims, paper flowers, project life, buttons, black or vanilla album, scraptastic kit
Twist: No. More. Paper!!!!

Katie

Wish list: adhesive, Slice products, stuff for my SIL's scrapbook.
Twist: stamps
Budget: TBD. $15-$2=$13

Doviana

Budget: $25
Wish: Pink paper and some breast cancer stuff
Twist: clear stamps

Shayla

Budget: $10
Wish: Adhesive
Twist: Paper

Edited by Kamananui on 10-25-11 09:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Thanks Kelly for keeping this going.
I am headed to an all day crop with some friends today. Will be back tomorrow with my budget.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Oh that sounds like fun. Have a great day, Tina!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Kamananui

I'm in. I have no idea on a budget or wish list yet!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kdinsmore

Thank you for hosting Kelly!!! I'm in again for sure! I love how this challenge always makes me be honest with what I spend on scrappy stuff - so when the dh wants to spend money on his toys, I can't say a thing!

I did HORRIBLE last month so I should have a budget of zero, but I have the SOD and Storyteller's kits to get and a few odds and ends here and there. I got some great fun stuff on the road trip too so of course I'm already down a bit How about a goal to actually USE all the goodies I've gotten??? LOL My project goal will be 20 pages for this month! I did knit a couple scarves while on the road tho... that should count for something!

My budget is: $140
Wish List: SOD kit, Storyteller kit, 12x12 album pages, MS Snowflake punch, Dusty Attic chipboard frame set, Cricut Winter Frolic cartridge
Twist: NO PAPER or $1 bin stuff!

(here's hoping...)

I'll think of more wishlist items, but at the moment I don't really need anything! And go ahead and mark off the Storyteller kit and $30 for the kit and another $14 from my road trip goodies. The KOA we stayed at in Rapid City, SD had a scrapbooking section in their store! The owner, I guess, is a big scrapper and just got back from Scrapfest! Wished I had gotten to meet her, but she was off that day we were there. I got some fun camping/rv-ing papers/embellies to use tho...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

I'm trying to figure out a realistic budget. I have a lot on my wish list this month, but of course, it's not all a necessity. **sigh**

Budget: $130

Wish List: MS Himalayan snowflake punch, MS pansy PATP set, MS flower punch, 2in scallop square punch, patterned paper for Christmas cards, sheer white ribbon, dark blue ink, Heartfelt Creations Christmas dies & matching stamps, T.H. Tiny Attacher, Christmas PP, Winter Frolic cart

Twist: No paper other than what's listed, no flowers, no dollar bin items

Edited by Kamananui on 10-03-11 03:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

You rock my world, Kelly! Thanks for hosting!

Budget: $30
Wish: foam brushes, new Glitz design, new EP
Twist: xmas krap

That's all I have for now.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to runzalot81

I'll do whatever it takes to see my sweet, Alissa. We don't see you often enough these days. It makes me pouty.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

LOL @ Alissa's twist! I seriously snorted here b/c I know the feeling!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I am going to do a budget of $25
Wish: I don't have one - it's a just in case budget
Twist: I don't have one - it's a just in case budget

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

OHHH i heart you Kelly...thank you so much for hosting!!

I would like to join in this month....

Budget: $25 (crossing my fingers and toes I can show self control) and this does not include my monthly kit clubs...
Wishlist: whatever I "NEED" LOL
Twist: NO PAPER!!

I think i need to go back to work to support my scrappy habit LOL!! Have had a couple of interviews so its been positive at least....although my DH loves having me home....its too much work at home LOL at least when i worked i had an excuse why the house was a mess LOL no more!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I'm having a hard time making a budget.
I know I have Cricut club tomorrow night...
I can't think of a thing I need...
but been trying to find Elegant Edges Cricut cart at a decent price...
I guess I will say $75...I don't have to spend it if I don't find it or any other cart cheap:)

Thanks for allowing me to think out loud.

Twist: paper

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina, Elegant Edges is a favorite of mine.

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Budget: $**

Wants: Peachy Keen Stamps, Punches, and paper (yep, need to update my boy stash)

Twist: none

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Vivian Lake

This might be a record breaking month. It's day 4, and no one has busted yet.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Vivian Lake

Tina, a friend of mine got Elegant Edges on Ebay for $29.99 and free shipping. I've gotten a lot of cartridges through Ebay, specifically the seller 'ProudParents.' Just a tip!

$25?!? Courtney! Tammy! You're making me look like a scrap-glutton! Well, I do include my SOD kit in my budget though...

@ Courtney!!! I totally understand that! DH loved having me at home when I was unemployed! He had this crazy, cackameme idea the house would be cleaner when I was home... He did gain about 10lbs when I was off cuz I spent more time trying to make fancier meals tho... Glad to hear you've had a few interviews! I'm sending you good vibes!

I spent $9 at Target on some cute Halloween stuff by K&Company... nothing I needed, but some stuff I wanted!

And speaking of angel.... We got a new !!! It's the dh's fault this time... the area he works is part of south L.A. and is unfortunately a dumping ground for unwanted dogs and cats. (Its where our current cat came from via me.) Someone in his office found this adorable white kitten and knew we wanted a white one to go with our current black one. She's only 3 weeks old and will be named Gabriel(la) or Gabi for short. So we have Lucifer and Gabriella! My dad said when I told him,'I said grandkids not grandkittens!!'

Edited by SonjaC on 10-04-11 03:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
This might be a record breaking month. It's day 4, and no one has busted yet.

Hang on... I haven't even begun to shop!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja I love your kitties names!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I am still so terribly proud of myself that I didn't shop last weekend

Sonja, I have all kinds of stuff I shouldn't be buying the xmas stuff is is the most ridiculous right now.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to runzalot81

lmao Sonja!! congrats on the new kitty....cant wait for you to scrap her!!

I havent shopped...and yes @ $25 LOL...I am waiting to see if I have gotten approved for unemployment yet SOOOO spending will be extremely limited for me LOL!! Trust me i want to be able to add a zero to that....but this will be a great opportunity for me to use my stash....Did I mention that I got ALL of the add ons in the SOD kit..so I spent $150 on that LMAO...shhhhhh don't tell DH!! LOL

Alissa, I am loving the christmas stuff that is out!! I am trying so hard to resist!!

Ok i have to be an enabler for a minute...have you all seen the new Bo Bunny lines??? Enchanted and Snowfall...OHH EMMM GEEE they are gorgeous!! you have to go look!!

Page 1 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics