Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to amo_angelus

Welcome, amo! Congrats on getting married.

I don't know about everyone else, but my life really IS all puppies and rainbows.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to scraprabbit

Sarah.

Mine's a whole bunch of puppies with the occasional rainbow thrown in for perspective.

We actually saw a double rainbow a few days ago that was spectacular.

G, I really hope he can get things worked out with his ex and kids and it's very smart of you to distance yourself for now. That old "if it's meant to be" cliche comes to mind.

Jane, I think you deserve another vacation. You should plan a trip south (way south)for the winter!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Nothing much going on around here. (Thank goodness.)

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to amo_angelus

G, that sounds like a very mature and responsible thing to do! I can't imagine, it must be difficult, but I think everyone will be the better for it in the long run.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and with that, I am off to scrap!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Manda_K

My puppies barfed at total of 26 times last weekend. Not fun. Carpet cleaner worked overtime. Now is that the kind of thread we are talking about?

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
My puppies barfed at total of 26 times last weekend. Not fun. Carpet cleaner worked overtime. Now is that the kind of thread we are talking about?

I don't know Nancy, was the barf rainbow colored?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
  • 950nancy Said:

In the beginning it was Ruffled Cheddar Cheese colored and then ended up looking like used strawberries. So yeah, it had a lot of colors. Dumb dog. I bought him a Halloween costume to get even with him.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to 950nancy

Good Morning!!!

Nancy - ew. That's all I'm going to say on that

G - I'll just echo what everyone else said. If it's meant to be, it'll happen and I think it's very smart to take a step back and just be there as a friend.

I did follow some medical advice - I spent 5 hours in my scrappy room yesterday and am in there again right now, trying to get page kits together for my retreat in a few weeks. Of course, I had to make spaghetti sauce, raspberry jalapeno jam and jalapeno relish yesterday before I retreated to my room.

The good news? CANNING SEASON IS OVER!!!!! I'm done, done, done. I don't think there is anything left to make and it's getting cold so I think the green tomatoes will be thrown into the compost bin.

Besides, I'm officially out of jars, can't make anything else.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Going to play in here for a bit, then take DS & his friend bowling, then home for the Packer game.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Good Morning!!!

Nancy - ew. That's all I'm going to say on that

G - I'll just echo what everyone else said. If it's meant to be, it'll happen and I think it's very smart to take a step back and just be there as a friend.

I did follow some medical advice - I spent 5 hours in my scrappy room yesterday and am in there again right now, trying to get page kits together for my retreat in a few weeks. Of course, I had to make spaghetti sauce, raspberry jalapeno jam and jalapeno relish yesterday before I retreated to my room.

The good news? CANNING SEASON IS OVER!!!!! I'm done, done, done. I don't think there is anything left to make and it's getting cold so I think the green tomatoes will be thrown into the compost bin.

Besides, I'm officially out of jars, can't make anything else.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Going to play in here for a bit, then take DS & his friend bowling, then home for the Packer game.

Dear God woman.... Have you never heard of fried green tomatoes??????

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

I have heard of fried green tomatoes. Tried once, didn't really like. Maybe I need a different recipe.

Got one?

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to pugs223

My Nana's recipe:

Green tomatoes-sliced on the thin side

Flour mixture:

Flour
salt
pepper
garlic salt
Old Bay (I believe, other than love, this is the most important ingredient!)

Bacon grease (to fry in) If this grosses you out, use canola oil.....

Pat the slices DRY before you dip in the flour mixture. Place in the hot oil/grease, turn after 3-4 minutes.......drain on paper towels, salt and eat while hot....

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
  • ScrappyMama6 Said:
  • 950nancy Said:

In the beginning it was Ruffled Cheddar Cheese colored and then ended up looking like used strawberries. So yeah, it had a lot of colors. Dumb dog. I bought him a Halloween costume to get even with him.

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

i love fried green tomatoes but they have to be made right. Buckhead Grill here in town makes the perfect ones. I few other restaurants are GROSS.

Had a great weekend with Kyleigh. Went to dinner and movies with my buddy Sam and went to see Nemo in 3 D on Friday. Saturday Ky had her first girl scout camp out and we had a blast doing a scavenger hunt in the woods. Hiked the creek as well Today we went to see Hotel Transylvania

Thank you all for the tough love and words of support.

After I helped with the GS activities last night I went to dinner with Joe to talk. We both love each other very much but I have to concentrate on getting work straight and he has to get through court. We have to get to the point where we look forward to seeing each other again and we have to spend more alone time with our kids and get them settled as well instead of feeling we need to become a family so soon. Neither one of us can picture living together or getting married now.

So we have backed it down to step 1. try and get to know each other and get back our friendship. I'm going to see him through the court battle (since I pushed him for it) and we can revisit where we are when the drama is over.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
My Nana's recipe:

Flour mixture:

Flour
salt
pepper
garlic salt

Pat the slices DRY before you dip in the flour mixture. Place in the hot oil/grease, turn after 3-4 minutes.......drain on paper towels, salt and eat while hot....

This. I also add some cornmeal to the flour mixture for texture.

YUM.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to kelseymel

Happy Monday, peeps!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
My Nana's recipe:

Flour mixture:

Flour
salt
pepper
garlic salt

Ok I will try. Must get Old Bay, seems to be the spice of the gods or something. I know I've had it, but it's been years.

Funny, one of my fb friends just posted about fried green tomatoes in bacon grease.

No bacon grease does not gross me out at all. Everything should be made with bacon grease

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to pugs223

Blech...bacon grease and fried green tomatoes.

I'm so tired. Dh has a cold and so his snoring is HORRIBLE right now - so I haven't been sleeping well.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to scraprabbit

So I had mentioned that work was crazy - just like I had not had a vacation.

Well I found out last week that my manager is leaving for a few months - could be 6 or a little longer. She is filling in for someone.

So that means I have to act in her position and have someone back fill my position.

What does this mean? Crazy busy times ahead.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Sarah.

Mine's a whole bunch of puppies with the occasional rainbow thrown in for perspective.

We actually saw a double rainbow a few days ago that was spectacular.

G, I really hope he can get things worked out with his ex and kids and it's very smart of you to distance yourself for now. That old "if it's meant to be" cliche comes to mind.

Jane, I think you deserve another vacation. You should plan a trip south (way south)for the winter!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Nothing much going on around here. (Thank goodness.)

That sounds like a good plan.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to corrie fan

And I have never had fried green tomatoes.

We made green tomato chutney with ours back in the day. And that is the royal we - mom

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to corrie fan

Jane: Hopefully you will rock the position and maybe get a promotion!

I on the other hand am looking for a job with less responsibility LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics