Page 3 of 706 
Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Sarah, I remember trying to get into work clothes again. I would rather poke my eyes out. I would wear the 2 pairs of regular pants a couple times during the week. Wearing the maternity with stretchy maternity tops with long sweaters is an option I would go with, too. I didn't buy new clothes for #2 and #3. I made due until I could fit back into everything. #1 was different, though. That child changed my shape, so I had to buy new stuff.

Yeah, I'm pretty much at the eye-poking-out stage myself. I can't tell yet if my shape has changed enough that I'll never be back in my normal size, or if exercise will take care of this jiggly muffin top thing I have going on. I didn't gain weight all over like some people, so it's just my stomach I have to work on.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scraprabbit

I could tell pretty quickly, Sarah. My hip bones moved out. The bewbs got permanently bigger, too, but that took longer to find that out. I owe my curves to DS1

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

Dh called me "voluptuous" the other day. I haven't noticed anything really different with my hips, although I'm sure they are probably wider.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Ok - I caught up here and with my Words With Friends partners. Off to bed!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

it's after midnight here and I am off to bed ... have a great evening

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to SoonerT

what did i miss on the other thread? my computer is dying. i will check in tmorrow

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to SoonerT

Can I vent here??? I hope so
One of my dogs escaped the yard 4 days ago and has not come back yet! I am so worried about her and PO'd at the guy who let her into the yard unsupervised. She and a few others have escaped before, but always came back. I have told him certain dogs need to be out there and supervised till they do their business then brought back inside. But I guess I was talking to myself The neighbors are known for shooting other dogs on their property. I hope that has not happened but nobody shares info around here unless it's gossip. If she never comes home again I will never know. But I am just sad, she was a good dog except for escaping the fence sometimes. But if someone has taken her in and kept her, I hope they are good to her. Man this sucks, not knowing.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to catzscrapper

Hi Janet. Hope your pup comes home soon!

Sarah- I'm sooooo over my maternity pants! Today I put my regular jeans on w/a hairband @ the waist. I'm down to 156, 13 more lbs to go. I'm like you, gained all in the belly so I've got the muffin top right now too.

vent: my heels are sooo sore. WTF?

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Seaexplore

there is a tendon the stretches from your heel to your toes (approximately) and that can tear away from the heel and cause heel pain. I used to get that and went to a foot doctor for help. I can't remember what it's called but he tried me with orthotics(sp?) and when that did not work, I had to have surgery on both feet for the same thing, now I am cured tho, was after the surgery healed. I keep trying to remember the name of the condition but I have old timers disease I guess.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

plantar faciitis that's what it's called!

The most common complaint is pain and stiffness in the bottom of the heel. The heel pain may be dull or sharp. The bottom of the foot may also ache or burn.

The pain is usually worse:

In the morning when you take your first steps

After standing or sitting for a while

When climbing stairs

After intense activity

The pain may develop slowly over time, or suddenly after intense activity.

I posted the symptoms for ya. The site I read this on says men 40 to 70 get this, but I was in my 20's when the pain started and I am definately NOT nor have I ever in this life time been a guy! so whatever to the person that made that claim

Edited by catzscrapper on 10-04-11 09:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I'm worried it is plantar but it hurts pretty much all the time so I dunno. I googled it, (my favorite Dr. is Dr.Google ) and came up with the same thing as you. Hoping ice and massage will help. Gotta throw some water bottles in the freezer to roll under my feets.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Seaexplore

My full week just got fuller. blech.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to moxiegirl23

Janet - Sorry about your dog. Hope she comes back soon.

Tiff - Somehow I can fit into my jeans, but not my work pants?? Explain that one to me. Hairband doesn't really work on those well since they have the clip thingie instead of a button. My stomach looks like it did when I was about 15 weeks pregnant - too big for regular pants, too small for maternity.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

Janet ... I'm so sorry about your dog ... I hope he returns soon

Tiff .. I had plantar facitis a number of years ago and my podiatrist told me I had to wear shoes with greater stability to keep me from putting pressure on the balls of my feet ...

so I hardly ever wear heels, my sneakers are the ones that are labeled extra stability, and I wear Dansko clogs almost exclusively for work

since I made these changes, I hardly ever have much, if any pain ... I would definitely go to a podiatrist if I were you to make sure what it is you have and to be treated properly (not by Dr. Google)

and Sarah ... denim has natural give and stretch ... most people can fit into a smaller size jean than they can in a dress/work pant ... the joys of working as a retail clothing manager is you know stuff like this

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to madmatter

Liz ... sorry about the work load this week ... what's up?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to madmatter

7 store visits, which is totally doable, except that we've got a corporate visit starting on Friday, so I need to make things look extra nice (again, I'm superwoman according to my boss, so it's not a huge issue).

I have an in house crop tonight and an out of house crop on Saturday. Was going to spend Friday night packing and loading for Saturday when John mentioned that Rick Riordan (The Percy Jackson books author) will be an hour away on Friday night signing his latest book. Abby is a MEGA fan of his, so we're hopping in the car afterschool and driving down there so we can stand in line and get her book signed and possibly her photo with him. This means I have to pack and load the car on Thursday.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

and i'm out!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

wow ... that's quite a week

that's awesome about Abby meeting a favorite author

(and we think you're superwoman too )

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to madmatter

Good morning, and welcome Janet, really hoping your dog comes home!

How exciting for Abby, Liz. Hang in there, you'll end up with a great lo out of this.

Foot problems ... I'd heard and also seen horror stories, absolute horror stories about foot doctors, so I suffered until I couldn't suffer any more, then I went. My arches had totally crashed = orthotics, so no heels and I don't miss them. Also I had that band thing, so 2 years ago I had the surgery on one foot - over Thanksgiving, so I got out of cooking! And wait ... I had the other foot done over Christmas so no cooking again! My feet will never be what they were but at least I'm 99% pain free.

I'd like to fit into my 'interview' pants tomorrow, and I haven't had a baby in 26 years!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to RockStar

I do need to see a podiatrist. I was totally kidding about Dr. Google. I like to go there first just to see what's up. I have Kaiser tho- that means my primary will try to treat it for a while THEN send me. Same reason I haven't gone for my lower back pain (ginormous bewbs and a baby- go figure, they'll give me pain pills like they do for everything else) and shin splints. For some reason my primary thinks she's god (we all know Liz is!) and can do everything from determining if moles need to be removed to treating tendonitis.

I do have flat feet and I wear Chaco sandals most of the time but I've been home quite a bit and I don't wear shoes when I'm home.

Page 3 of 706 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics