Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Manda_K

Linda! Geez, look what the dog dragged in.

Manda, don't you work from home?

I say it's close enough to quittin' time.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:

I felt kind of "puppy-and-rainbow-ish" today.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Bxr-Linda

I wonder why?

amo_angelus
New Kid On the Block
amo_angelus
In response to Bxr-Linda

He's a patterdale terrier

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to amo_angelus

Long week. Busy week. Workload is increasing exponentially.

And staff changes coming. Again.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• amo_angelus Said:
He's a patterdale terrier

Thanks.

Never heard of that breed. I guess you learn something new every day.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:

WHAT!?!?!?! Your vacation is over?!?!?! That happened too quickly. I thought it just started and was a few weeks long.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to pugs223

I'm spending my weekend with my study guides, that need filling out, my take home half of my midterm and 5 lesson plans I need to write. Fun times. Anyone want to trade places with me this weekend?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:

LOL I wish! Well, it is NOW..10 more minutes! Woohoo!

amo_angelus
New Kid On the Block
amo_angelus
In response to Bxr-Linda

They're not that common, they're mostly up in the lake district of England and they're almost exclusively working dogs. They have insane ammounts of energy. He's barely knee high (he's one of the big ones, obviously from badgering lines) and he can jump as tall as me (5'10"), he can out run a whippet (Specifically effy, who isn't too happy about it) and he can floor a BIG great dane (And when I say big, the one he floored stands a whole head and shoulders taller than most, reaching almost to my breast with all four paws on the ground). So they tend to be almost exclusively working dogs to get rid of all of that energy, so they're not that common. Beautiful dogs though, especially my Paws. he's a right handful! Completely insane too! Terrified of buzzy flies but quite happy to jump down the gap between the railway station and the train! >_

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

Not an AKC breed, which is likely why I've never heard of them. Probably really NOT common in the US?

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • corrie fan Said:

WHAT!?!?!?! Your vacation is over?!?!?! That happened too quickly. I thought it just started and was a few weeks long.

Peg,

I was off for 3 weeks and 2 days and went back on the 19th. By the 21st, it was like I was never gone and all stressed again.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
  • amo_angelus Said:
Hello...I'm new to this site. But I have a puppy...

We'd like some new friends, so can we hang out here?

Welcome!

We're always up for new folks to drop by and chat.

But be forewarned, it isn't all puppies and rainbows here, we're a very diverse group of women who simultaneously love and hate our men, crab about our kids, fantasize about killing our bosses (ok, maybe just maiming cause none of us look good in prison orange), quitting our jobs and running away to a remote scrappy island. We want to win the lottery, have all the Nesties ever made and drink frozen concoctions served by half naked island men.

We do offer good advice, hugs where needed, and the occasional dose of tough love. We're brutally honest, funny, witty and sarcastic (hence the Thread name) cause really, if we title the thread "Bunch of crabby B's" we'd draw unwanted attention!

So if you're up for the challenge (lol)- jump in and tell us a little bit bout yourself!

LOVE IT

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• corrie fan Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
  • corrie fan Said:

Peg,

I was off for 3 weeks and 2 days and went back on the 19th. By the 21st, it was like I was never gone and all stressed again.

Wow, I could have sworn you just started your vacation...at most two weeks ago. Dang, time flies.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
I wonder why?

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

I called in sick today...needed mental health day....only to wake up to Joe's voice in my apartment coming to pick up his stuff. he didn't think I'd be here. Ky and I were still home and she was talking to him in the living room. I looked like crud and didn't really say anything. I gave him back his extra car keys and garage door opener and walked him out to the truck. We chatted for a bit and he said he felt I abandoned him in his time of need. That opened a can of whoop ********...I ended it with "when you're ready to do this with the courts and have the judge make the rules instead of her feel free to give me a call" and I went inside to shower.

He sat in his truck in the parking lot. I got out of the shower and he was in my apartment and had the paperwork I'd drawn up and said "let's do this. I need your help" I forwarned him that if he was doing this for me it's the wrong reason. I want him to do this for himself and the boys so that things are done right. Her pulling A out of counseling last minute was nothing more than a control move.

So we filed the motion at 10 a.m. for mandatory counseling for A with a counselor of the judges choice (neither parent gets a say) and a request for open phone lines from 6-9 PM where he can't be cut off from the boys as well as changed pickup and drop off to be at a neutral location vs. her job or her home.

We are not together at this point...I told him I need time to be sure it all goes through. I will help him and be a friend and have his back but as far as seeing him I think we need to see what hapens with the backlash of court and wait for the hearings to be done. Motion hour is on the 8th and that's when he'll get the hearing date.

Edited by Just G on 09-28-12 06:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• corrie fan Said:

UGH hang in there.
I'm working this weekend AGAIN myself

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• amo_angelus Said:
They're not that common, they're mostly up in the lake district of England and they're almost exclusively working dogs. They have insane ammounts of energy. He's barely knee high (he's one of the big ones, obviously from badgering lines) and he can jump as tall as me (5'10"), he can out run a whippet (Specifically effy, who isn't too happy about it) and he can floor a BIG great dane (And when I say big, the one he floored stands a whole head and shoulders taller than most, reaching almost to my breast with all four paws on the ground). So they tend to be almost exclusively working dogs to get rid of all of that energy, so they're not that common. Beautiful dogs though, especially my Paws. he's a right handful! Completely insane too! Terrified of buzzy flies but quite happy to jump down the gap between the railway station and the train! >_

I think I need that dog!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • kelseymel Said:
I wonder why?

Is it her bday???

amo_angelus
New Kid On the Block
amo_angelus
In response to Just G

haha he keeps you on your toes, that's for sure.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics