Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

Sorry your photos are all mixed up and pages torn. I bet everyone loved having the pictures to look at though. Maybe I missed it if you already said, but how did it go with the family? Everyone behave themselves?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

I had put blankets down over the good carpet in the living room the past couple of days since Nate plays in there and has had the stomach flu. He's been getting a little better, so I folded them up and put them away last night. Yeah, too soon. I'm not even complaining - at this point I just have to laugh. Woolite pet stain remover works great though.... Poor little guy.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• scraprabbit Said:
Sorry your photos are all mixed up and pages torn. I bet everyone loved having the pictures to look at though. Maybe I missed it if you already said, but how did it go with the family? Everyone behave themselves?

The sister I haven't seen in 25 years was an experience and we won't continue the relationship either. She managed to insult everyone while she was there ... not even worth going into but she is just negative and I don't need her in my life.

The rest of the week went great. My brother was very loved by everyone from the local street bum to the president of his company. the community all got together and helped his family alot with meals, food, cleaning, money donations and the realty company even let Susan have free rent for November

How she'll make it on her own after this I don't know. She only make s$18000 a year working PT and his insurance isn't being released because the ME hasn't determined cause of death so there's no official death certificate :/ It's a little crazy.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Just G

I only make $18000 a year and I work full time. I know the cost of living is so much higher in Cali. They will eventually release the insurance, the ME will eventually have to release a DC.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to NMlady

Poor little thing Sarah.

G - hope the ME does not hold off too long.

Hi Joy.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to corrie fan

Hi, Jane, how have you been?

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to NMlady

Pretty good.

Work is busy and there is always something to do around the house. Haven't been scrapping much but still purchase like I do

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

G, I hope the ME can release that certificate soon. $18k annually is far from a liveable wage in CA.

A friend of DS1 (of our whole family, really) went missing in a diving accident off the coast of Hawaii. His body was never recovered, so his widow was unable to claim insurance or government benefits for herself or their baby. Her in-laws (his parents) help them out. Plus, recovery expenses were horrendous.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 11-04-12 05:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
G, I hope the ME can release that certificate soon. $18k annually is far from a liveable wage in CA.

A friend of DS1 (of our whole family, really) went missing in a diving accident off the coast of Hawaii. His body was never recovered, so his widow was unable to claim insurance or government benefits for herself or their baby. Her in-laws (his parents) help them out. Plus, recovery expenses were horrendous.

Wow, that is really sad! You have insurance for things like that, but then a fluke thing happens and you can't get it.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• corrie fan Said:
Poor little thing Sarah.

G - hope the ME does not hold off too long.

Hi Joy.

He's saying up to 6 months for the report

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• scraprabbit Said:
  • Luvmyfam Said:

Wow, that is really sad! You have insurance for things like that, but then a fluke thing happens and you can't get it.

You would think regular life insurance would be released but it's not....but the big one is the Accidental Death and Dismemberment policy that she can't cash in on.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:
  • Luvmyfam Said:

You would think regular life insurance would be released but it's not....but the big one is the Accidental Death and Dismemberment policy that she can't cash in on.

Insurance Companies need proof of death. Insurance is a gamble. You pay a company $1500 a year so that they can pay your family $300,000 when you die. The company is betting that you will die later than sooner so it can take more of your money. It's not going to pay out unless the stipulations in the contract are met. And honestly, if you take the time to do exactly what you're supposed to do and read the entire policy, everything is spelled out and the agent is required to make sure that you have an understanding of what is and isn't covered.

I've spent the last 5 months learning all of this.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to moxiegirl23

Good Morning!

G - I hope everything gets resolved quickly with the insurance for your sister-in-law.

Sarah - I hope Nate is feeling better.

Jane - I purchased a bunch of stuff last week as if I was going to make 100 pages this weekend. Ok, not that much, but I wanted to make sure I had some fun stuff, yeah, wouldn't have needed to go shopping.

I can't remember what else I read. I had a great weekend at the retreat. We always have fun. I only got 27 pages done and I'm not loving, loving them. It seems a lot of the ladies had a weekend like that. Although one did 70 pages, but she's not in love with them either. Oh well, it was still a good time.

The only thing that would have made it better is if I didn't have the stomach issues I did the last few days. I don't know if it's from all of the prednisone I was on or just a little bug but I could barely eat or drink anything, it felt like my stomach was being squeezed and spazzing when I tried. I had a little bit of heart burn but it was more uncomfortable than anything.

It's a little better today but I haven't eaten anything yet. Water seems to be ok today.

Hope everyone is having a good day!!!!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to pugs223

Hugs regarding the mess, G. I hope things will be resolved soon. How's Ky taking everything?

Sarah, hope Nate is feeling better. Sick toddlers are no fun.

Glad you got some work done, Peg, but sorry you don't love it. I don't think I've done 27 pages this year. Hope you're feeling better soon, too.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to kelseymel

I finished 32 preplanned pages this weekend. I am trying to get my book finished for vacation before I go. I haven't put on titles yet, but I have great beach paper that I need to use up on this trip! I will probably take a sketch of each page and the photo(s) orientation/size for each page. Honestly. I know it is wrong, but it feels to right.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

Umm, Melissa, your cards are so adorable I don't think I would do pages if I could make what you do.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

Peg, for goodness sake, I hope you get healthy soon. I hurt my leg this summer and moving it one way hurts. My hubby manipulated it the other night (what he does for work)and it no longer hurts when I move it that direction anymore. Now it hurts all of the other directions. I can tell I have been babying it and need to stretch it.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to 950nancy

Who else got a giggle out of "my hubby manipulated it the other night"?

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to kelseymel

Your hubby is a chiropractor?!?

Edited by angie girl on 11-05-12 07:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to angie girl

Peg, yay for having fun at your crop. I haven't done 27 pages this year. Could the indigestion be from the prednisone and other meds? Your doc may be able to prescribe something if needed. My tummy is a major train wreck from years of having to take meds. I wish my doc back then had taken my whining more seriously!

Yes, Melissa, I giggled

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics