Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Sarah, I have stuff in storage bins in my closet, bedroom, and hallway. I also have stuff stored in my rolling tote, and also hidden in the china hutch in my dining room. I scrap on my dining room table, so I keep one of those giant sewing "boards" (I don't sew and have no clue what they are called) handy so that I don't mess up my table. So, basically, my scrap room is pretty scattered. I get my exercise when scrapping, that's for sure!

G, heck no! DH's mind is a scary, dark place, IMHO.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Luvmyfam

Hi all, been reading along....

Sorry Nate is sick again Sarah, I swear schools and day cares are the grubbiest, dirtiest places EVER! It's hard to keep them healthy when everyone's snottin all over stuff! 😷

Fantasies? My BF would go running thru the forest crying if he knew what I really wanted! And he's the least imaginative person in that department I've ever known.

Been keeping busy here. Scoured 2 thrift stores yesterday and found 5 button up shirts and a dress for Iva for this years Christmas photo. They're taken the Saturday after thanksgiving. This year the kids will be in blue and silver/grey.

Also found a NIB Dr. Scholls chair massager for my car. Oh my, it's heaven. $6. Merry Christmas to ME!

I'm off to run errands and then work this eve 3-11, have a great day ladies!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ScrappyMama6

Teresa, that is an amazing find!!!

Sarah, how is Nate today? I meant to mention that my kids would get fevers when they cut teeth, but not always. It was random, and I'm sure it had to do with which tooth was coming in. Teething is the worst!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

Nate has a cold. He had a cold for the last 6 weeks or so...but most of that time it was just that lingering cough. Yesterday he came down with the full-blown snot-nosed cold. The fever is gone and he's acting/eating normally, so he's back at daycare. I'm guessing the fever was just the start of the cold. The kid gets colds like I do - gross sinus stuff for a few days, then a cough that lasts awhile. We've had more sickness in this family this fall than usual - although I've been hearing that same thing from everyone it seems, so it must just be a bad fall for that.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scraprabbit

The worst sick-years for my family were the daycare years. So many kids, so many germs. But, on the flip side, we have all developed good immune systems from those years!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

Been off my antibiotics for a few days now...and Nate gave me his cold. AUGH!!!!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Sarah - I hope you and Nate are feeling better.

Busy weekend ahead - dinner at parents tonight, then our annual ladies' shopping weekend tomorrow with mom, sis in laws, aunt and cousin. I don't know if we do more shopping or drinking though

I just basically go for the fun of it and try to get ideas for Christmas.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to pugs223

Nate seems a little better. I feel like crud...and dh got the stomach flu (again) today! In the last 5-6 weeks, that's two nasty colds for Nate (one with a fever) + stomach flu/fever...sinus infection and another cold/sinus thing for me....and two bouts of stomach flu for dh.

The thing that really bums me out is that it looks like I may not get to see my Grandma for Thanksgiving. Because of her chemo, we can't visit until we're completely healthy - so I haven't been able to visit her since her diagnosis.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Peg - have a good weekend - it sounds like a lot of fun!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• scraprabbit Said:
Nate seems a little better. I feel like crud...and dh got the stomach flu (again) today! In the last 5-6 weeks, that's two nasty colds for Nate (one with a fever) + stomach flu/fever...sinus infection and another cold/sinus thing for me....and two bouts of stomach flu for dh.

The thing that really bums me out is that it looks like I may not get to see my Grandma for Thanksgiving. Because of her chemo, we can't visit until we're completely healthy - so I haven't been able to visit her since her diagnosis.

Ask if you can visit if you wear a mask. Wash hands thoroughly when you get there, put the mask on and you should be ok. Hugs, being sick sucks!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to ScrappyMama6

Thanks for the suggestion, Teresa, but I'm sure I'll just have to wait till I'm better and then go down there some weekend. Her son that lives with her was exposed to stomach flu at his work (he didn't even get it), and she was flipping out and he was quarannteened to his room. She only lives an hour away, so I could even go down during the week on a day I'm not at school.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Spent two hours cleaning my scraproom and updating my organization. Now I need to just get my paper out and let it speak to me.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

Sarah, I hope you all are feeling better soon and can see your grandma for Thanksgiving.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• scraprabbit Said:

OK you and I need to go on a long cruise to no where and escape

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Just G

Nancy - I cleaned my scrap room yesterday too. I did a little rearranging, hoping to bring up one more shelf. My creativity would be much better if I had that shelf in there. DH doesn't know it yet, but he's losing the shelf that is in the closet where he has a lot of stuff. It was my grandma's and it deserves to be in the open and house my scrap supplies.

Sarah - I hope you get to see your grandma soon.

G - I think we all need to go on a cruise.

Had a GREAT time shopping. My belly still hurts from all of the laughing we did. I did get a little Christmas shopping done. I would have more done, but I don't want to spend too much on DS. We haven't figured out what we're getting him as his main/big gift yet.

And I am wiped out today - need a nap.

Edited by pugs223 on 11-19-12 09:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to pugs223

If its in a closet, maybe you could buy a Walmart or target shelf that will house his things when you take your Grandma's? Then maybe he won't mind so much?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to angie girl

Oh I would definitely get him another shelf. Might be a good project for this long weekend coming up.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to pugs223

I'm up for a cruise!!!

Just got home from the one day I had to be in at work this week. I have work to do from home during the next week, but at least it's from home!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:

G - I think we all need to go on a cruise.

Ooooh scrappy cruise retreat!

I have so many pictures to upload and print out. I just haven't had the mojo. And my camera broke adn I can't get the ******** things to download off them even w the USB cable

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

Vent/NonVent: It's my last week at work and honestly as scared as I am to only have a low paying temp job lined up (as of now) I'm so glad I'm leaving. It's been he*ll!!

Pulled out my back as well (tweaked the SI joint) so today was even less fun LOL But I saw my chiro, I only have 2 days left, Ky is going to her dad's for the holidays so i can decompress while she's gone, and I'm going to stuff my face on Thanksgiving

My friend and her daughter aren't from here either so while Joe is at work we're going to make a small dinner here and then bring him some dessert. They are having a big turkey dinner at the firehouse

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics