Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

My next favorite was "only child status expiring (add in month/year here)".

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Wow, you go to work for a day...

Congrats Sarah and Angie.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• scraprabbit Said:
My next favorite was "only child status expiring (add in month/year here)".

Very funny!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

Yeah for babies. (Other people's babies)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

My niece found out tonight that she is having a boy!!! Woot! She had a "gender reveal" party. The only people who knew the baby's sex was the ultrasound technician and the person at the bakery who made them a "reveal" cake. Tonight the parents cut into the cake and it was colored with blue food coloring! Fun! This is my first great nephew (or would have been my first great niece). I'm so excited for her!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

That sounds fun! My friend made us cupcakes at a get-together once and put pink icing in the middle to let us know she's having a girl.

I don't know if we'll find out the gender. I really don't want to - dh does. He compromised last time, so I might have to compromise this time.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Sarah, how did you compromise last time?

Knowing the gender with my two oldest wasn't an option, unless mom was over 35 and needed a special amniotic fluid test done (can't recall the name of the test). I did know with my youngest, and it was a blast. We kept referring to him by name long before he was born.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

• scraprabbit Said:
That sounds fun! My friend made us cupcakes at a get-together once and put pink icing in the middle to let us know she's having a girl.

I don't know if we'll find out the gender. I really don't want to - dh does. He compromised last time, so I might have to compromise this time.

Technically it is a surprise either way. You just get surprised earlier. I am so anal I had to know. That nursery was blue and was stuffed with all boy things. I was glad to have it all done so that after he was born I didn't have to do anything but sleep and eat bon bons.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

Jen, we couldn't pick a name even after the baby was born. I still have two girl names that I use on my boys when they are being sissies.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to 950nancy

Found out with both. Loved knowing. Made getting things together much easier. Also, called them by their name from the moment we found out.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to foltzy

My oldest was 3 days old before he had a name We had a boy name and a girl name picked out, but still couldn't commit to the boy's name. The name he ended up with wasn't even on our short list.

When my DD found out that her new sibling was going to be a boy, she cried for about 3 days

Edited by Luvmyfam on 11-24-12 03:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:

I didn't compromise - dh did. I told him that if we were going to compromise and find out on one and not find out on another, that I'd really love for the first one especially to be a surprise. We were going to buy gender neutral everything (but clothes) anyway. We went shopping when Nate was a few days old to buy him clothes. A friend of mine had loaned me a big tub of 0-3 month clothes (both boy and girl) until we found out and could go shopping for our own.

Now it doesn't really matter, because new baby will move in Nate's room (green/brown/bunnies), and Nate will move into our room (it's blue) and probably get a new Thomas the Train bedding set or something, and we will move into the biggest bedroom (my scrap room/ guest room). Yeah, and that's why I have to give up my scrap room. We'll be moving Nate before new baby comes though, and bringing his crib in there, so he doesn't feel displaced by new baby.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• scraprabbit Said:
  • Luvmyfam Said:

I didn't compromise - dh did. I told him that if we were going to compromise and find out on one and not find out on another, that I'd really love for the first one especially to be a surprise. We were going to buy gender neutral everything (but clothes) anyway. We went shopping when Nate was a few days old to buy him clothes. A friend of mine had loaned me a big tub of 0-3 month clothes (both boy and girl) until we found out and could go shopping for our own.

Now it doesn't really matter, because new baby will move in Nate's room (green/brown/bunnies), and Nate will move into our room (it's blue) and probably get a new Thomas the Train bedding set or something, and we will move into the biggest bedroom (my scrap room/ guest room). Yeah, and that's why I have to give up my scrap room. We'll be moving Nate before new baby comes though, and bringing his crib in there, so he doesn't feel displaced by new baby.

I say you let them room together for a year or 2 and keep your room, if its a boy that is.....we just split the twins up this May (they were 6). Really cause we had no option before but they CRIED when we did.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ScrappyMama6

I think it was easier to buy gender neutral things back when my older kids were born. I tried buying something gender neutral for a baby last year and it was hard. Everything was "boy" or "girl".

My nephews have always shared their room, and they are 2 years apart. My kids never shared because of gender/age gaps. My youngest spent his first 1.5 years sharing our room. That was a PITA.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

I have no issues with kids sharing rooms, but Nate's room now is literally 8' x 12'. I physically can't fit another kid in there. It used to be the office, but it's perfect size for a nursery.

We had a 3-bedroom house growing up. There are 3 girls and 1 boy. Guess how that worked out. I shared with my two sisters. One of which is 5 years younger, and one that's almost 10 years younger. Yeah, so I was a senior in high school sharing a room with a 7 year old. That SUCKED.

We kind of hope this one is a boy. If so he can room with Nate in Nate's new room, and kid #3 can get the nursery.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Sarah, that would suck! We moved to a bigger house to avoid making our boys (10 years apart) share a room. I'm sure both are alive today because of that move Seriously, we were fortunate that the housing market was decent when we made the move. Even so, the kids' rooms now are about 8x12 each and I agree, that is small.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Luvmyfam

I must be lucky then, one of the kids rooms is 16x14. We had all 4 teen boys in there, with 2 sets of bunkbeds, 3 dressers a bookcase and a desk, and they had room for a full 5x7 rug to be exposed to play board games on. Now of the 4, 2 were part time (50%) there, one was every other weekend, one was there full time. We never had an issue with space. That room was laid out so well they were never on top of each other fighting for space.

The twins room (now Ivas room) was 12x12..... They had bunks and separate beds and still had space. They only slept in there. And played a little.

Last November we took over an "in law apartment" off the back if the house that was previously rented. The renter moved, we assumed it and gained another 600 sq. ft of living space which included a 12x12 bedroom. We moved BF's boys over there and moved the boy twin to the other boys bedroom. Since DS1 is in college he gets the room to himself except for every other weekend when his other brother comes over or DS1 comes home from college.

And dd got her own room!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:
Early June.

You and me both.

OMG!!!! CONGRATS TO BOTH

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Just G

Sarah, have you been very morning sick? I'm so excited to be >this< close to being out of the 1st tri. My m/s is finally fading.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to angie girl

Thanks G.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics