Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Just G

Thought you had some prospects lined up?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to angie girl

Yay Peggy! I call Sarah's drinks, since she can't drink, LOL! Angie's, too!! Wow.....I sound like a lush. Yikes!

The thought of being unemployed scares me to death. I've always had my next job lined up, with the exception of when I was laid off when a company I worked for was sold. I panicked then for sure.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• angie girl Said:
Thought you had some prospects lined up?

yep. but since it was the thanksgiving holiday last week they're all probably playing catch up so i'm giving it til Wednesday to hear from them. The one job I'm waiting to hear on is scheduling 2nd interviews this week hopefully. Will check on it tomorrow.

I sent out over 40 resumes over the weekend and have placed calls/appointments with ever agency in the city. Had 2 interviews today but it's for outside sales positions that I'm really not up for.

My gym is looking for seasonal help and I'm going to chat with the owner in the morning.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

G, good luck.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Luvmyfam

Hugs, G, I hope you find something very soon.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

G - good luck! I hope you find your dream job soon. I do love your positive attitude though of having time to scrap in the interim.

Jen - We can share Sarah's and Angie's drinks I am a lush (at times), and I'm not afraid to admit it

I am TIRED!!!! I think my thyroid is off again. I can go to bed at 8pm and still be dragging butt all day. Just had blood test last week, so I should hear soon.

So for my family, instead of exchanging names for Christmas, we are each buying a general $25-30 gift and then we'll do a fun exchange.

I need ideas....got any?

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to pugs223

Peg, did u have your Vit b12 level drawn too? That's what used to make me drag butt.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Angie, I did not have b12 level drawn. Nurse just called and my TSH is at 6.03 so they are bumping up my drugs a bit. I should just maybe add a B-complex vitamin.

I also believe I will probably be on advair long term. I stopped taking it for about 10 days now and feel a bit wheezy again - grrrr....

I do not like medication or having to be on medication long term.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to pugs223

Peg, sharing totally works! Bummer on the advair. I don't like taking any meds long term, either.

G, did you have that chat with the gym owner?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:
  • angie girl Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:
Early June.

You and me both.

OMG!!!! CONGRATS TO BOTH

Congrats ladies!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Manda_K

I'm getting bunnies...I'm getting bunnies!!! It's been 10 years since I've gotten baby bunnies. They are six weeks old and we can pick them up anytime. We might try to go tomorrow if Bryan can get off work at normal time - we're getting them from a young guy who breeds them down the road from us a bit. Now to think of names - two females (mini-rex) from the same litter - one black, one white.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to scraprabbit

Sarah, characters from a favorite book?

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• scraprabbit Said:
I'm getting bunnies...I'm getting bunnies!!! It's been 10 years since I've gotten baby bunnies. They are six weeks old and we can pick them up anytime. We might try to go tomorrow if Bryan can get off work at normal time - we're getting them from a young guy who breeds them down the road from us a bit. Now to think of names - two females (mini-rex) from the same litter - one black, one white.

Congrats on being a new 'mommy'

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

I did talk to the gym owner and put in the app....i have 2 interviews tomorrow with other jobs as well

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• scraprabbit Said:

Salt and Pepper!
Ebony and Ivory
Dawn and Midnight
Lucy and Susan (from Narnia)
Patty and Selma
Cagney and Lacey
Laverne and Shirley
Thelma and Louise
Kate and Allie
Ginger and Maryanne
Lucy and Ethel
Betty and Wilma
Daphne and Velma
Betty and Veronica

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ScrappyMama6

Yay Sarah! I love bunnies. My BFF got two girl guinea pigs earlier this year, and she named them Ginger and Maryanne

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Luvmyfam

You "had someone going" on Facebook. Are ya gonna announce on there at some point? I can't decide when to do that myself. I kept telling myself 12 weeks, which I am now, but I still have a week in my first tri, so I couldn't decide if I should post about that or not.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

That's my SIL on facebook that I had going. I thought it was especially funny because she is the one who recently announced their fifth pregnancy on facebook and didn't tell anyone (family included) about it beforehand. I will put it on there at some point. Dh's family doesn't know yet (obviously) and we want them to know first. This past Monday we sent his mom and dad/stepmom a stack of pictures of Nate. One of them in the middle is a pic of Nate wearing his 'big brother' shirt. I expect a phone call today since they'll probably get them today. We'll see if they notice anything. My Christmas cards (photocards) will have that same picture and a picture of our family on it - two years ago we announced it to the extended family that way (casually signed the cards, "and baby"), and one of my cousins ended up announcing it on facebook for us after getting the card.

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow! I didn't want to tell anyone but immediate family before my second appt (which was two days ago) - having that first miscarriage at 12 weeks still makes me nervous. Had a minor scare this week when my doc couldn't find the heartbeat. I finally had to go to ultrasound and she said "that's why!" - baby was crazy dancing all over and she could barely get the heartbeat from there (although we could see lots of movement). Everything's good though!

Angie - I was going to ask (and please tell me to mind my own business if you want)...everything going ok for you pregnancy-wise since your surgery? I know that was recent and didn't know if you were pregnant before or after then, or if that would affect anything.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Thanks, Teresa, for the ideas! I woke up thinking ebony and ivory too. Dh is thinking yin and yang so far.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

OMG. As I was typing the above message, a cousin of mine just announced her pregnancy on FACEBOOK. Blah!!!!! Early June. She and I were pregnant at the same time (a few months apart) last time too.

I seriously hate facebook sometimes.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics