Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to scraprabbit

I don't hate facebook, I just hate that people feel the need to post family announcements, family drama, relationship drama and what they ate for breakfast. Had a big argument with one of my SILs on Thanksgiving because she is very anti-facebook and kind of talks down to us for having it. She's a middle school guidance counselor and has had to deal with a lot of carp because of students posting stuff on facebook and even creating fake accounts to pick on someone (yup, just like the movie cyberbully), but there's no need to talk down to anyone about it especially since we just use it to keep in touch with people.

Sarah - congrats on new bunnies and a growing jumping bean!

We have two chinchillas named Daphne and Velma

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to pugs223

Yeah - it's not facebook itself, it's how certain people use it that bothers me. Obviously I have an account.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

my cameo shipped Should be here Tuesday I am NOT waiting until Christmas to play with it

Edited by pugs223 on 11-29-12 08:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to pugs223

Sarah, I vote for Thelma and Louise.

Everything's ok now with my pregnancy. The doc urged us to start trying right after my surgery if we were planning on having any. And if we want more than one, we're to start trying for number 2 when number 1 is 6 months old. She wants us to get it all done in case it comes back on the other side, which there is a considerable risk that it will 5-30%. So my surgery was August 14th, gave what the doc said a bit of time to simmer in DH's head before we had a serious talk about it, decided (we) to go off my meds August 31st, and well September was fun and successful. Lol. I swore it was going to take awhile for my body to adjust and all, and I'd get a little bit of a head start building up my sick and vaca time while trying since my banks were empty after my surgery. Needless to say I was flabbergasted that it took no time at all. But I'll be down to the wire on having enough time off for maternity leave. Couldn't take any morning sick days off and won't be able to take off any days until I go out. BUT if I desperately need off, I can ask to be called off (not calling in sick means they can't force me to use sick time) if we are overstaffed, as I have a little bit of continuing education hours built up and can't use those in leave anyways.

Because of my big surgery, I was at high risk for ectopic, and when I had a ton of horrible cramping for a couple weeks at the beginning (like I couldn't even stand or walk), I got a few early visits, all with ultrasounds...took them 3 ultrasounds to see what they needed to see to declare it not-ectopic and right where its supposed to be. They figure that was just the uterus stretching, plus scar tissue. Who knows how much scar tissue I have since she dug around everywhere during my surgery.

Since the cramping went away, its been great/normal. Got morning sick pretty bad, but that's gone away now. As of yesterday I feel great except for terrible insomnia that I've had all along. Let's hope I had my "complications" at the start and the rest will just be smooth sailing.

You won't have a chance of having that same doc that delivered Nate, will you???

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to angie girl

I'm so glad you were able to get pregnant right away - that's sooo exciting! I get pretty bad round ligament pain at times, but nothing like you. I can only imagine how that recent scar tissue must be affected by all that.

I switched clinics completely to avoid the situation I had last time. I have an actual OB now too, with another actual OB at the same place in case this one isn't there when I go into labor. But my regular doc (not who delivered since she was on vacation) is Nate's regular doc too, so she's soon going to find out that I'm pregnant and not doing prenatal care with her. I have no problems explaining it though - while I like her, I don't trust the other doctors at that place and will not risk getting one of them again.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I ma so happy for both of you! SO exciting.

BUNNIES! Yay!! Oh, so cute!

And I have a love-hate with FB.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• angie girl Said:
Sarah, I vote for Thelma and Louise.

Everything's ok now with my pregnancy. The doc urged us to start trying right after my surgery if we were planning on having any. And if we want more than one, we're to start trying for number 2 when number 1 is 6 months old. She wants us to get it all done in case it comes back on the other side, which there is a considerable risk that it will 5-30%. So my surgery was August 14th, gave what the doc said a bit of time to simmer in DH's head before we had a serious talk about it, decided (we) to go off my meds August 31st, and well September was fun and successful. Lol. I swore it was going to take awhile for my body to adjust and all, and I'd get a little bit of a head start building up my sick and vaca time while trying since my banks were empty after my surgery. Needless to say I was flabbergasted that it took no time at all. But I'll be down to the wire on having enough time off for maternity leave. Couldn't take any morning sick days off and won't be able to take off any days until I go out. BUT if I desperately need off, I can ask to be called off (not calling in sick means they can't force me to use sick time) if we are overstaffed, as I have a little bit of continuing education hours built up and can't use those in leave anyways.

Because of my big surgery, I was at high risk for ectopic, and when I had a ton of horrible cramping for a couple weeks at the beginning (like I couldn't even stand or walk), I got a few early visits, all with ultrasounds...took them 3 ultrasounds to see what they needed to see to declare it not-ectopic and right where its supposed to be. They figure that was just the uterus stretching, plus scar tissue. Who knows how much scar tissue I have since she dug around everywhere during my surgery.

Since the cramping went away, its been great/normal. Got morning sick pretty bad, but that's gone away now. As of yesterday I feel great except for terrible insomnia that I've had all along. Let's hope I had my "complications" at the start and the rest will just be smooth sailing.

You won't have a chance of having that same doc that delivered Nate, will you???

So glad everything is ok

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

It's great that both of you (Angie and Sarah) are doing so well!

Peg, I love Thelma and Daphne. Have fun with your new toy!

G, any luck on the job front?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• scraprabbit Said:
Yeah - it's not facebook itself, it's how certain people use it that bothers me. Obviously I have an account.

I had to phrase it that way because of the arguments with my SIL

How is everyone today? It is cold, gloomy and rainy here - great napping weather.

On this last day of a thankful month (copying facebook trend), I am thankful that it was not 2 degrees colder this morning or it would have been a heck of an icy ride to work

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to pugs223

It is the weekend. Yahoo.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to corrie fan

My MIL got the picture of Nate in his shirt today. She thought, "well, that's funny, they aren't pregnant - Sarah must have gotten the shirt as a hand-me-down." We had to spell it out for her.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Sarah

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

• scraprabbit Said:
My MIL got the picture of Nate in his shirt today. She thought, "well, that's funny, they aren't pregnant - Sarah must have gotten the shirt as a hand-me-down." We had to spell it out for her.

Rofl

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Like you would put your kid in a shirt like that. That is priceless.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

Hahaha, Sarah! You should scrap that.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Luvmyfam

I remember when I called my mom to tell her I was "having a baby" she thought I was talking about getting a puppy. I guess she'd given up hope that I'd ever get pregnant.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to NMlady

LOL, Joy.

My parents were upset each time I got preggo, and my MIL was upset with the first one. It was all about "them" and they didn't like the moniker of "grandma/grandpa." DH and I were so disappointed in their reactions. My father even suggested that I get an abortion!! Jerks. So......I live vicariously through stories likes Sarah's. I love stuff like that.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen, you are right. That is NOT normal parenting. Wow! I can understand not ready to be a grandma at 30, but that is crazy. Who says stuff like that?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to 950nancy

When it finally dawned on my mom what I was trying to tell her she got so excited she wet herself! Then she cried and her S/O thought there was something wrong. She does adore her Abby girl.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to NMlady

Nancy, my MIL eventually got over herself and was excited. She went nuts when #2 and #3 came along.

I will probably be like Joy's mom and pee myself when I finally hear news like that My niece is pregnant and it's my first time being a great aunt. I have been beyond excited for her!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics