Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Luvmyfam

My mom found out that the home pregnancy test was positive and called me yelling that I better go to the doctor and find out for sure.

MIL was excited. She was talking about having another one when we told her and so all that energy went to my pregnancy.

My mom didn't want me to get pregnant again, until she found out it was a boy. She was really excited then. He's her only grandson

MIL was very excited it was a boy. She raised 2 after all.

Both kids are spoiled rotten. By their Nana (Brian's Grandma) and their Grandma (Brian's mom) and their Mem and Bap-Bap (My parents). When Brian's dad was still alive he spoiled them more than anyone.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Who says stuff like that?

My MIL. DH called her the day we found out.

She was pissed. It took her a while to come around and not cringe at the word "Grandma".

We were 25/26 and dh had just purchased his first house. It's not like we were stupid love-struck teenagers.

I was admittedly extremely shocked to find out I was pg (it was not planned), but I never quite understood her reaction.

We drove 8 hours to tell my parents in person. They were ecstatic and cried.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to kelseymel

My LSS is closing its doors. Going out of business sale starts this week.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to corrie fan

Jane, are there any others remotely close to you?

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to 950nancy

Yes, one within 40 min drive or so, M`s and a craft warehouse that has a storefront as well.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to corrie fan

That's too bad, Jane! The ones around here haven't been doing too well either.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to scraprabbit

Well I did not buy that much there but liked the idea that it was there.

Also enjoyed taking classes from time to time.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
LOL, Joy.

My parents were upset each time I got preggo, and my MIL was upset with the first one. It was all about "them" and they didn't like the moniker of "grandma/grandpa." DH and I were so disappointed in their reactions. My father even suggested that I get an abortion!! Jerks. So......I live vicariously through stories likes Sarah's. I love stuff like that.

That's absolutely horrible.

I must be really lucky. My (little) sister was the first of us to get pregnant - at 16. After my mom cried and got over the shock, she hugged my sister and told her that babies were always blessings, no matter how they came. That attitude always stuck with my sister and she really turned her life around from where it was headed.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to scraprabbit

I shouldn't have checked "track package" on my Cameo....

I had ordered some other things and they were supposed to be delivered on Wed...nothing. Cameo supposed to be here on Tuesday.

So I checked today and both orders say "delivery attempted" yesterday. Grrrr.... Figures one order is three days late, one is three days early and both try to be delivered a day I'm not at the office.

Telling my parents we were pg was a little stressful. DS was a wonderful surprise before we said "I do" I thought they would freak out but were very supportive and didn't even yell. I think they cried a little but I think I did more when telling them. DH's parents had already been through it (themselves when they were 18 and with DSD) so they just congratulated us.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to pugs223

Sadly, I wasn't surprised by my parents' or MIL's reaction. They were just those type of people.

Speaking of grandchildren, DD moved out to her own apartment. She plans to take her kitty with her by the end of this week. Daisy-kitty is the closest thing I have to a grandchild. We joke around and tell her that her mommy left her with grandparents to raise We will miss that kitty. Although.....I didn't think that when she woke me up at 5:30 am this morning, wanting to be fed. Blasted cat!

Jane, it is always sad when a LSS closes. I don't have an LSS within decent driving distance, and our big box stores here are lacking in scrapbook offerings. Thank goodness for online shopping!

Edited by Luvmyfam on 12-02-12 05:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen, want to meet me halfway....say.....Kansas to get another grand-kitty? I'll send pictures, and you pick the one you want!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to ScrappyMama6

I'm getting mine front declawed tomorrow
Didn't really want to do it because I hear it is not good but they have torn up carpet in every doorway (Lexus has issues with closed doors) and my curtains (even shower curtains) and the underside of my bed.

I tried everything from spray bottles to putting vinegar on areas they scratched to felliway (kitty xanax) and nothing is working. they don't let me sleep lately because they claw at my bed

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Just G

Is it an inside only cat? It'll have to be if declawed (can't defend itself).

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to angie girl

Teresa, I will totally meet you half way!! But leave any kitties at home. We're fully stocked, even after Daisy moves to DD's house, LOL!

Many vets here will no longer declaw cats. They say it is cruel because the first joint of the cat's toe is removed, or something like that. Our two cats have ripped our furniture and carpet to shreds. It's horrid. DD's cat, however, was already declawed when DD adopted her. People tell us that declawed cats can be really mean because they can't fight with their claws. Daisy, however, is the sweetest cat ever. She doesn't know she's declawed, though. She gives the scratching post a pretty good work over daily . She is an indoor kitty, though. Like Angie said, she can't defend herself.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Luvmyfam

Declawing a cat is horribly cruel and you could be faced with many problems as a result. Have you looked into getting the nails capped? I don't have any experience with it, but it's a more humane alternative.

That said, our cat is declawed. The jackwagons that we got him from had it done. He's a little b*stard. He bites. A lot.

Our vet won't do it.

Sorry about your LSS, Jane.

Sorry about missing your delivery, Peg.

And good morning!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to kelseymel

Crossing finger you get your delivery today Peg!

Darn Jane, that sucks about your LSS.

G, good luck with your kitty. I don't blame you a bit, indoor animals can be destructive, and when you rent you need to be careful with your stuff. Our cats are outside (farm cats) but if we brought one inside I'd want it declawed. We rent too. And the one we had before shredded my furniture despite having toys and *2* scratching posts. In about 4 years or so I'm planning on getting new furniture. The kids will be old enuf not to ruin it by then.

Got a lot done this weekend, both trees up, outside lights up, gutters cleaned out and flower bed dead-headed.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

I hate to hear of LSS closing. I do not know of any LSS in the area that I live. They have been beaten out by HL, M, J, and Archivers. Did I mention those four stores are within a mile of each other as well? They totally squeezed out the last LSS in the area.

Still patiently waiting for the FedEx driver to arrive...

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

It's here....I'm having a really difficult time not opening the box and playing. Too bad I'm at work

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to pugs223

Yaah for scrappy goodies Peg!

Maybe you're getting a migraine and have to leave work early?????

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
Yaah for scrappy goodies Peg!

Maybe you're getting a migraine and have to leave work early?????

I like the way you think!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics