Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Declawing a cat is horribly cruel and you could be faced with many problems as a result. Have you looked into getting the nails capped? I don't have any experience with it, but it's a more humane alternative.

That said, our cat is declawed. The jackwagons that we got him from had it done. He's a little b*stard. He bites. A lot.

Our vet won't do it.

They are done and they are doing well. A little sore but they are eating and snuggling. Mine keeps trying to claw the furniture and carpets like she used to and when she tried to climb the couch she figured it out quick.

I read up on it and I know it's detrimental but so is replacing $500 in carpet and furniture

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
So everything happens for a reason....I remembered my co-worker wanted some vinyl words cut for her office. I meant to do it months ago, but then my Gypsy died.

Because I left my cameo here, that means I can use work time to figure out how to use it right? It will take me a bit to figure out that software so may as well get paid to do so

Makes perfect sense

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

Job search is getting more positive. Had an interview today adn the guy said "sounds like you're a perfect fit for the job. But we have other interviews and will schedule second interviews for next week"

I got a call 15 minutes after I left asking me to come back in tomorrow at 9 a.m. for the second interview!!!

Best part is that it's close to home (10 min) and if Kyleigh is sick (i let them know up front I'm a single mom so i don't run into the problems at the last job) and they said I will be given a laptop to work from home!!

CROSS FINGERS!

i also have an interview with a CPA firm tomorrow (i think it's temp for tax season), a HR interview Monday, and an assistant controller interview Wednesday

Edited by Just G on 12-06-12 02:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

Did anyone see on FB that Angie's mom passed?

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Just G

She posted about it somewhere here on the forums. Sad.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to angie girl

G - that all sounds positive - best of luck!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to scraprabbit

Took the Silhouette out of the box and in 3 minutes had it cut out a design. It was so easy. God Bless people that make youtube videos. I was worried that I would mess it up and not know what to do.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Jen - Besides sewing a button back on, I can also stitch up a tear along a seam. It's not pretty but it is functional That's what I thought that machine may have done.

I bow to your amazing talent. I can staple and/or scotch-tape a hem back together.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:
  • kelseymel Said:
Declawing a cat is horribly cruel and you could be faced with many problems as a result. Have you looked into getting the nails capped? I don't have any experience with it, but it's a more humane alternative.

That said, our cat is declawed. The jackwagons that we got him from had it done. He's a little b*stard. He bites. A lot.

Our vet won't do it.

They are done and they are doing well. A little sore but they are eating and snuggling. Mine keeps trying to claw the furniture and carpets like she used to and when she tried to climb the couch she figured it out quick.

I read up on it and I know it's detrimental but so is replacing $500 in carpet and furniture

I agree. Just make sure they don't get outside. The lynx, foxes, and bears in my back yards like to snack on them.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Nancy, that's awesome!

G, I'm glad the kitties are doing well. Good luck on the interviews.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
Jen - Besides sewing a button back on, I can also stitch up a tear along a seam. It's not pretty but it is functional That's what I thought that machine may have done.

I bow to your amazing talent. I can staple and/or scotch-tape a hem back together.

I got my mom's nice machine. It is a Bernina. I used to make tons of costumes with it. Nothing that needed to look polished though.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Nancy.....I was referring to the Silhouette learning curve being awesome.....not erroneous backyard snacks

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

G - good luck! I hope you get the perfect job!

Jen - tape is preferred but I stitch so it holds for two wearings hopefully

Nancy-i definitely should have watched some more videos.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to pugs223

The only time that I sat and sewed was when I had the chicken pox. I was 25 and needed to keep my hands busy. It took me days to mend clothing because I didn't have a clue how to go about it, LOL!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Nancy.....I was referring to the Silhouette learning curve being awesome.....not erroneous backyard snacks

Yes, my precious kitty learned the hard way one day a back yard may be empty, the next one might have a killer dog. He lost a back claw. My kiddo called hip septopussy.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to 950nancy

I use that sticky hem tape that you iron to seal. Love that stuff! I can sew a button on though. And I'm sure I could fix a hole on a seam if I had to.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
I use that sticky hem tape that you iron to seal. Love that stuff! I can sew a button on though. And I'm sure I could fix a hole on a seam if I had to.

I need to get some of that tape for a fix I need to do. But then I'd have to get out the iron and dust it off. I use my dryer's "dewrinkle" setting daily

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to pugs223

My DH thinks the dryer IS the iron. He also thinks it's his personal drawer.

Nancy, my kitty once jumped our back fence. Several minutes later I could hear vicious dogs chasing her back. She struggled to jump back because the home behind us is downhill from us. We could see her paws come over the fence, see her claw her way up, loose footing, regain her lead, back, forth, and she finally made it. She was traumatized and NEVER went over that fence again

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Luvmyfam

Good thing she had those claws, otherwise she would've been a nice snack.

I don't iron.

Jealous of you Cameo owners.

Happy Weekend, everyone!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to kelseymel

Exactly, Melissa! She was an indoor kitty at the time, but managed to escape. It turned out to be a good thing, because after that she was content to stay on the patio. Because she stuck to the patio, we were able to let her out now and then to enjoy the fresh air.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics