Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

hope everyone is having a good weekend.

We're finally getting SNOW!!!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to pugs223

Blizzard here. I have to proctor a 7am final exam (40 miles away) tomorrow morning - and all the roads are "no travel advised" and one of the interstates is closed. $10 says they don't cancel class though - they never do.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to scraprabbit

Um, nothing personal Sarah, but you can keep your blizzard.

But in all seriousness, if it is not cancelled, stay safe!!!!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
hope everyone is having a good weekend.

We're finally getting SNOW!!!!

And that's a good things?!?!?!?!?!?!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to corrie fan

Snow? What's that? *ducking and running*

Sarah, if they don't cancel school and the roads are closed, how are you supposed to get there?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

I don't. And the final exams are locked in my office at school - I have TAs that live in town that can give it for me, but someone will have to break into my office to get the actual tests. My boss is willing to come in super early and use his key to get in my office, but I hope it doesn't come to that. I'm sure he's not thrilled about the idea, but he said he'd do it.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Oh, the wind is supposed to die down tonight - the blizzard warning is until 9pm. So HOPEFULLY the plows will go out after then and I can get on the road safely at 5:30 tomorrow morning.

I already have a bunch of students emailing me and they are stranded in other towns too (we're extremely rural here) and they can't get back because the roads are closed too. Love that we have 200 students taking this test tomorrow. Rescheduling for a bunch of students is going to be a PITA.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

I love snow. I do not like blizzards but I love a good cover of snow on the ground and a warm sunny day of 25 degrees. Yes I'm from Wisconsin, it's in my blood. I would not have a merry Christmas without snow.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

On a less controversial topic - I'm getting a new couch you know you're getting old when you get excited about a new couch

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Sarah - good luck and drive safely tomorrow.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
I love snow. I do not like blizzards but I love a good cover of snow on the ground and a warm sunny day of 25 degrees. Yes I'm from Wisconsin, it's in my blood. I would not have a merry Christmas without snow.

Snow is supposed to be in my blood too but I have exorcised it out of me. I have fond memories of a green Christmas in 2006.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I used to ski a lot. Tons. I loved driving to the snow, skiing, and then going back to non-snowy land. It was a good deal.

Sarah, drive safely tomorrow if the roads are open.

Peg, yay! LOL on the excitement, but I get that!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

We just got snow today too. It was only about 2 inches, but the roads were slick.

Stay safe, Sarah.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to 950nancy

We are supposed to have freezing rain tomorrow morning. Not happy about that.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Our weather here was perfect today. Feel free to throw snowballs at me, LOL!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Luvmyfam

Vent: I hate doing portfolios. I know they're a good thing and all but they are annoying and I always feel like I'm talking in circles. I hate that. This is due by noon tomorrow but I have to get it done and turn it in because I'll be busy at noon tomorrow, working. Then my last final is Tuesday. I'm so ready to be done for the semester.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to foltzy

Liz, it is all hoop jumping. Good luck.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to 950nancy

Up at 4am in order to get ready and dig the driveway out. I need to leave by 5:30. The roads aren't open yet and I doubt they will be, but I'll need to be on them as soon as they do open, so I have to get ready. I wish they'd just open school late - I have at least a dozen students so far who have emailed me and can't make it to the test at 7am today because they went home for the weekend and can't get back that I will have to reschedule. I woke up at 3am and was so anxious about the weather and needing to be at work that I couldn't get back to sleep. This is going to be a LONG day.

If they do open school late, it'll be announced I'm sure when I'm already on the road. They hardly ever do though - and since it's finals week I don't know what their plan for rescheduling tests would be, so they're probably REALLY trying hard not to interrupt that schedule.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Liz, it is all hoop jumping. Good luck.

Yep, agreed. Good luck!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

Be safe, Sarah.

Snow = blech.

I probably wouldn't mind it if it came without the freezing temperatures. Good thing I don't have to worry about it. DH misses it very much, wants to move. Told him I'd miss him very much.

Good morning!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics