Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Be safe, Sarah.

Snow = blech.

I probably wouldn't mind it if it came without the freezing temperatures. Good thing I don't have to worry about it. DH misses it very much, wants to move. Told him I'd miss him very much.

Good morning!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to corrie fan

I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

Melissa - I now have Meatloaf (the singer) in my head. Yeah, thanks for that....off to fire up Pandora.

The cold really isn't that bad, as long as your furnace works ALL of the time, you start your vehicle at least 15 minutes before you want to go somewhere, and you have enough food and supplies to not have to venture out too often beyond going to work and school

I am ready for a nap. Or to go play in the snow!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

Hey girls!! Just a quick drive by to let you know I got a job! I was offered a position with a CPA firm but then after that I got another offer from a Data Software company and it's perfect for me!! I'll give details later! I start Monday!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

EDITED TO ADD DETAILS: the new job is for the data analyst position and information systems analyst (they haven't decided which position to put me in yet) for the company that designed the court VINE system here (Victim Information Network) and updates the police mobile apps on criminals (what they see when they run your info in their car)

It's totally right up my alley with uploading information as well as gathering monthly statistics on criminals released from jail/prison and updating their information. We also do software for the child support enforcement database....my PDN is going to be sooooo worried HA!

Edited by Just G on 12-10-12 02:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
My DH thinks the dryer IS the iron. He also thinks it's his personal drawer.

Nancy, my kitty once jumped our back fence. Several minutes later I could hear vicious dogs chasing her back. She struggled to jump back because the home behind us is downhill from us. We could see her paws come over the fence, see her claw her way up, loose footing, regain her lead, back, forth, and she finally made it. She was traumatized and NEVER went over that fence again

My kitties are strictly indoors. They go on the balcony but if anyone goes near the doors like they are going to close it they run back inside and hide.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
Oh, the wind is supposed to die down tonight - the blizzard warning is until 9pm. So HOPEFULLY the plows will go out after then and I can get on the road safely at 5:30 tomorrow morning.

I already have a bunch of students emailing me and they are stranded in other towns too (we're extremely rural here) and they can't get back because the roads are closed too. Love that we have 200 students taking this test tomorrow. Rescheduling for a bunch of students is going to be a PITA.

Hang in there Sarah! I don't envy the snowy weather. It was 62 here yesterday but dropped to 30's here today and we actually had flurries. It only lasted an hour though hahaha

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Just G

That's great news G.

Hope it works out for you.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Ok - had 13 students to make alternate test arrangements for, but I got to school (late) this morning safely and got a crapton of stuff done while I was there. Now I'm going to bed since I've been up since 3am.

Oh, and I found out our daycare is dropping us after this school year. Apparently she has to cut back on the number of kids, and we're the last family that started using her (and we're not family like some others). All of the daycares in town are booked too. Gonna get on some waiting lists, I guess. I don't want to haul two kiddos to the town I work or dh works, since those are 40 and 30 min away - and after the snow today I wouldn't want to bring them on the road for that long every day.

Congrats on the job, G! You've had rotten luck with jobs lately - hope this one is a keeper!!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:

A-ha. You just quoted Meatloaf.
A-ha. Should have read further to see there were other Meatloaf fans. Love to listen to Bat Out of Hell before I get to work. That and caffeine is the perfect combo before you start teaching.

Edited by 950nancy on 12-10-12 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

G, glad you got the job you wanted. Does it go with your degree? Is that why you wanted it. I can't remember.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

Actually it is not degree related. But it's what I was doing from 2007-2011. I was a data analsyt for a manufacturer her. I did bookkeeping before that. After I got laid off from my DA job I got the assistant controller position (accounting) for the small construction company in Aspen and then came home and got the accounting position (for a large manufacturer) here but it was beyond my education scope. So i went back to a simpler job more in my comfort zone til I can continue my education.

Since this job has normal hours I can hopefully start going back to school in spring

Edited by Just G on 12-10-12 06:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
  • kelseymel Said:

A-ha. You just quoted Meatloaf.
A-ha. Should have read further to see there were other Meatloaf fans. Love to listen to Bat Out of Hell before I get to work. That and caffeine is the perfect combo before you start teaching.

I would prefer "paradise by the dashboard light"

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Congratulations on the new job G!

Sarah - glad you made it back and forth to work safely. I work about 30 miles from home and definitely went for getting DS into local daycare. Made it way easier when he started school.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to pugs223

That sucks, Sarah. I have no idea what we're going to do. Don't even know what we're gonna need since DH is done with 1 degree this semester and has 1 online class to take next semester for a 2nd degree. I insisted on an online class so that he can work after the new year. It's one of those "we'll see what happens" things. Hoping he will find some work right after the new year so we know what his schedule will be like in June. He ultimately wants to open a business, though, so it would change eventually anyways.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to angie girl

G, congrats. That job sounds very interesting.

Sarah, ouch on the daycare! I am so glad that my daycare issues are behind me. I wouldn't want to take kiddos out in that weather, either.

Melissa,

G, my kitty was strictly indoors, too. Her traumatizing fence ordeal was her first adventure outside after DH left the back door open by mistake. It happened again with our other kitty. DH left the back door open, revved up the wood chipper, and the other kitty freaked out and charged over the fence. $150 and 1 day later, we picked her up at the pound! Training the cats to stay on the patio was more successful than training DH to close the blasted door

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Luvmyfam

Congratulations, G.

I'm hoping you can find something, Sarah.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to foltzy

For the record, I am not a Meatloaf fan. At all. That song just popped into my head.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
For the record, I am not a Meatloaf fan. At all. That song just popped into my head.

I'm not a Meatloaf fan anymore, but in high school when traveling back and forth to basketball and volleyball games, the upper classmen played "Bat out of Hell" EVERY trip.

Now I just like to sing along, especially when intoxicated

Ok, I'll admit it....I do turn up the radio and sing along anytime it's played

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

I FINALLY understand why some animals in the wild eat their most unruly and ill-tempered young shortly after birth.......

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to ScrappyMama6

Uh-oh.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics