Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to scraprabbit

Boo for having to find daycare.

Boo for wanting to eat your young.

Work is insane. That is all.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to corrie fan

This was me last night ------->

DH actually searched and printed out an article for "Top gifts for the scrapbooker"

In the 12 years that I have been scrapbooking (we've been together for over 14), he has NEVER bought me anything scrappy. Oh wait, he did buy me a little tool set from the hardware store that he thought I could use in scrapbooking.

Unfortunately, the article didn't have the best ideas for my use: a sticker maker, alphabet punch set, CM photo organizer CD. So I made him a little list of ideas that would appeal to me: Martha Stewart around the page punches, Nestabilities, Tim Holtz stuff, or anything from HL scrapbook section that he thought was cool or useful. I didn't go into which ones I already had (HELLO - he's about to find out the price of those things).

I just couldn't believe he FINALLY gets it.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to pugs223

O. M. G.

What kind of drugs did you give him? He needs more!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to angie girl

Insane day at work.

But I looked good to my boss and boss' boss so that hopefully is a positive thing.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

Babe, you look good to US-EVERY DAY!!!!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:

Awwww. Thanks.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Last day on campus for over 3 weeks. I still have grading, etc, etc, etc, to do, but it's all stuff I can do from home!!

Sad news...a young man died in the dorms last night. Details not released.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• ScrappyMama6 Said:

THIS!

Sarah, enjoy your time at home! That is very sad about the student in the dorms.

Peg, better late than never! LOL on DH finding out how much this stuff costs! You should set up a wish list here with all sorts of inexpensive stuff. Make him think it's a cheap hobby. Then you can buy the expensive stuff you want later.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Yeah Sarah. Sad about the death. Difficult time of year (is there any good time though?) for family and friends and other students if still writing exams and handing in assignments.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

One of the ladies I taught with ages ago committed suicide last night. She was really struggling years ago. I guess I wasn't surprised, but so saddened for the family. This is the second teacher that I have worked with that did that.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to 950nancy

Oh Nancy, that's awful. So sad for the family, right at Christmas too...

My sisters SIL (sister in law) tried to kill herself Monday. She's in her late 50's with all but 1 child out and grown, and has has MS since her late 20's. it's painful and debilitating and she's been through every conventional and risky, experimental treatment out there, stem cell treatment ....everything. She just can't take it anymore.

Being a nurse I understand it and am sorry for her suffering. Her family tho, (not my sister, she's a nurse too and not surprised by it) is MAD at her. And their mother has lymphoma and probably won't see Easter. Very hard times in that family now........

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• scraprabbit Said:
Last day on campus for over 3 weeks. I still have grading, etc, etc, etc, to do, but it's all stuff I can do from home!!

Sad news...a young man died in the dorms last night. Details not released.

Aww Sarah, how awful......

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

So sorry Nancy and Teresa. The rumor on campus is that it may have been a suicide too. Don't know though - two years ago someone died homecoming weekend. All the rumors were that it involved partying (of course). Turned out he had a pre-existing heart condition. The report this week was of an "unattended death". So sad. And yeah, some of his good friends still have final exams scheduled for today/tomorrow - the prof's are working with them though. So sad.

Natey's first haircut is in 1.5 hours! Eeek!!! Totally not excited.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

UGH. Just checked the news. Yep, suicide. Ugh, just makes me sick. His poor family.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

Sarah: That daycare situation sucks!! Can you call a state agency or local and ask for recommendations? What about home daycares?

Angie: Praying your DH finds work. It's not easy but have faith!

Mel/Peg: I hate meatloaf. Especially that dang dashboard lights song. SO PLAYED OUT.

Teresa: Try not to eat the young! They taste bitter.

Peg:Sounds like Hubby is on the right track. My ex PDN really did encourage my SBing and always got me great gifts

Nancy: Sorry to hear about your old co worker. Suicide is senseless

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

Need a nate photobomb with the new do!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Just G

I FINALLY made the first cut with my Cameo!!!!

What took so long? No time at work, finally put everything else aside and said I'm going to figure this out.

It actually wasn't that difficult. Going to get her vinyl cut tomorrow so it can come HOME! Not that I've had much time to do any acrapping at home but at least it can sit pretty on my shelf.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

woooo

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

G - This is a home daycare. I live in a town of 500 people and 5 or so home daycares - all full, but I'm going to see if I can get on a waiting list since I won't need one until next fall. The next option is to go out of town (dh works 23 miles to the east, and I work 37 miles to to the west). I really don't want to have to have Nate on the roads for that long every day - especially in the winter. My sister lives sort of on the way to dh's work - but she's in the country on gravel. She has graciously volunteered to take Nate and the baby for no charge (of course, we'd pay her though) for as long as we need. She'd do a great job with him too, and 3 of her 4 girls are in school now and the baby misses the others when she's by herself. I just don't want to take advantage though - and, of course, there's the horrible gravel road in the wintertime.

And I actually haven't gotten a pic of Nate with his new 'do yet. It's not drastic - I didn't think I could handle that on the first time. It's still long enough to see some curls, but it's out of his eyes/nose now. I'll definitely post one soon though!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Sarah, how are you feeling?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics