Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to angie girl

Best of luck Sarah....finding daycare in colorado was bad as well...and I hated having to take Ky with me to Aspen when she was out of school for the same reason...bad weather + mountain roads = scary.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

Sorry to hear of the suicides, ladies. It such a sad thing. My BIL's death a few years ago was declared a suicide. I was so angry at him for doing that.

Sarah, are there any other part-time moms in your town with opposite hours from you? Perhaps you can work something out together. It's a stretch, I know.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
Sarah, how are you feeling?

Pregnancy-wise? Same symptoms on the same schedule as last time (although it doesn't seem as bad this time). The nausea is gone, but the second trimester for me brings constant indigestion/heartburn, insomnia, and more motion/car sickness than usual. I still occasionally get really overheated and lightheaded - most often in the shower or when I'm bundled up in my big winter jacket running across campus.

Otherwise, I've gotten over the sinus thing I had, and we're planning to go to my grandma's on Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve is her big thing each year - way too many people crammed in a teeny tiny house. Extremely loud, can hardly move, and it's always 10 degrees too warm in there. It's so much fun though.

How are you feeling, Angie? You must be in the second trimester too??

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to scraprabbit

Geoff lost his first tooth today. My baby isn't a baby anymore.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
  • angie girl Said:
Sarah, how are you feeling?

Pregnancy-wise? Same symptoms on the same schedule as last time (although it doesn't seem as bad this time). The nausea is gone, but the second trimester for me brings constant indigestion/heartburn, insomnia, and more motion/car sickness than usual. I still occasionally get really overheated and lightheaded - most often in the shower or when I'm bundled up in my big winter jacket running across campus.

Otherwise, I've gotten over the sinus thing I had, and we're planning to go to my grandma's on Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve is her big thing each year - way too many people crammed in a teeny tiny house. Extremely loud, can hardly move, and it's always 10 degrees too warm in there. It's so much fun though.

How are you feeling, Angie? You must be in the second trimester too??

Ya, 2nd tri. It has not brought an end to the morning sickness though. I mean its better, but not gone. Though the last 24 hours has been worse than ever with m/s...I have a chest/sinus thing so I'm sure draining mucus is irritating my stomach too. Insomnia is better. I found that Mylanta is way better than tums for the indigestion.

I'm a wuss when I'm sick and not pregnant. This chest/sinus thing is doing me in. Lol. Any calling in sick is gonna eat into my maternity leave I did call in last night, I should tonight but don't think I'm gonna. I can't use up my time.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Geoff lost his first tooth today. My baby isn't a baby anymore.

he will be your baby forever

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

NON- Vent: So excited about starting my job Monday. I've been off work for 3 weeks and while it's been great getting to hang out with Joe by ourselves while kids are in school I need some other adult interaction! the good news that we are getting along very well and the kids are all falling into balance :))) Ky is really embracing him as family member. She's listening to him and he's talking to her on his own. I just stand back and have let them develop their own relationship and boundaries instead of being in the middle and it's great. LOL.

Saw his kids the other night and we played cards and me and A got along fine! Hopefully this year brings it all together for us

the only thing I HAVEN'T done is scrapbook. I need to do my brothers layouts and just can't bear to do it. I have everything cut and ready but just can't do it because then he is officially a 'memory' Tomorrow is his would've been 29th wedding anniversary. Been in touch with his wife most of the day...she's struggling but is going away with the kids (they're all over 21) to a wine tasting

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

Well i decided to buckle down and start my family layouts. 1 night = 5 layouts!!!

let me know what you think if you wish to visit my gallery

Edited by Just G on 12-16-12 09:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Just G

Every morning I always tell myself how lucky I am that nothing really bad has happened to my family. I really feel lucky. So Friday morning I was driving to work and saw a pretty bad accident. Car parts were scattered all over the highway. Since my boys also drive that road 10 minutes before me I always get pretty nervous when I see an accident. The car that looked like my son's was looked green and I drove on because the ambulance was right behind me. I got to work and got a call from my husband. It was my son in that accident, and he was going by ambulance to the hospital. Another car had turned in front of him when he was going 50. He ended up with a brain hemorrhage, concussion, and some good scrapes on his face. Had to spend the night in the hospital. Thank goodness time will heal all of this. Tomorrow I will still be thankful. This whole thing could have been so much worse.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:
NON- Vent: So excited about starting my job Monday. I've been off work for 3 weeks and while it's been great getting to hang out with Joe by ourselves while kids are in school I need some other adult interaction! the good news that we are getting along very well and the kids are all falling into balance :))) Ky is really embracing him as family member. She's listening to him and he's talking to her on his own. I just stand back and have let them develop their own relationship and boundaries instead of being in the middle and it's great. LOL.

Saw his kids the other night and we played cards and me and A got along fine! Hopefully this year brings it all together for us

the only thing I HAVEN'T done is scrapbook. I need to do my brothers layouts and just can't bear to do it. I have everything cut and ready but just can't do it because then he is officially a 'memory' Tomorrow is his would've been 29th wedding anniversary. Been in touch with his wife most of the day...she's struggling but is going away with the kids (they're all over 21) to a wine tasting

G- maybe it is too soon. Maybe waiting until you have wrapped your head around more it will help. My dad died 12 years ago and it is just plain painful and hard. I also have days when I won't touch those pics and then days I really have my head in the right place with what I want to say. Don't rush it.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Every morning I always tell myself how lucky I am that nothing really bad has happened to my family. I really feel lucky. So Friday morning I was driving to work and saw a pretty bad accident. Car parts were scattered all over the highway. Since my boys also drive that road 10 minutes before me I always get pretty nervous when I see an accident. The car that looked like my son's was looked green and I drove on because the ambulance was right behind me. I got to work and got a call from my husband. It was my son in that accident, and he was going by ambulance to the hospital. Another car had turned in front of him when he was going 50. He ended up with a brain hemorrhage, concussion, and some good scrapes on his face. Had to spend the night in the hospital. Thank goodness time will heal all of this. Tomorrow I will still be thankful. This whole thing could have been so much worse.

Oh Nancy!! How terrifying!! I'm so glad he will be ok

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
  • Just G Said:

G- maybe it is too soon. Maybe waiting until you have wrapped your head around more it will help. My dad died 12 years ago and it is just plain painful and hard. I also have days when I won't touch those pics and then days I really have my head in the right place with what I want to say. Don't rush it.

Thank you...i managed to pump out 3 layouts to his memory and need to just get some more papers tomorrow for the last one.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Just G

G- hope your day tomorrow goes well. Let us know.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

will do!!!
I'm excited to start the new job

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

Nancy, thank goodness he's OK. How scary that must have been for you.

G, good luck tomorrow.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Luvmyfam

Nancy, I am so glad your soon will be okay. I hope the recovery goes swiftly.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to NMlady

Nancy - glad he is OK.

G - let us know how it went.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to corrie fan

Nancy so sorry to hear about your sons accident, but glad to know he is ok

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Als_Gal

First day was confusing but it's not bad and I will be able to catch on once I start doing the work myself. Lots of different programs to compare and switch back and forth. I'm hoping to be on my own by 2nd week of January!! I like everyone I work with ... it's just a fun place.

they have kids basketball goals, beach balls, everyones offices are decorated 'fun' with their hobbies and favorite characters on their windows, etc. And they are so family oriented. I already have my laptop so i can work from home if needed.

today we had a staff meeting and everyone was so laid back and it was fun!! We have a team building event friday....we get off at noon and we are going bowling and then to a place called Sergios World of Beer!

I'm going to like this place lol.

Edited by Just G on 12-17-12 07:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

Nancy - that is terrifying!!! I'm so glad he'll be ok.

G - sounds like a great job so far!

My Nate is sick...again!! Fever went up to 105 yesterday. He had a regular checkup yesterday (fever was 99 then) and they couldn't find anything wrong - no ear infection, strep, whatever. 105 is scary high, though!! It happened an hour after we got home from the doc's. (The Advil had just worn off from before.) Poor kid. Advil seems to be keeping up with it if I remember to give it to him on time, but he feels horrible.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics