Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Sarah, when I grew up in Omaha, we walked every day and my mom was a SAHM. She said it was good for us. Only if it was pouring rain did we get a ride to school. Some parents here do not want their kids outside for recess if it is below 32 degrees. Honestly. Kids need a quick break out of the classroom. Sitting for 4 hours at a time is too much. The teachers go out with them. I want to go out most days.

Yep! THAT's what I'm used to. My mom was a SAHM and didn't we didn't have a second car for the longest time, so she couldn't drive us when my dad used the car for work. My Jr. High was about a mile away too. I do remember getting a few rides there when it was super cold (or raining), but very rarely did I get a ride to elementary school (a few blocks away).

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

And....I think the baby is kicking. I thought I felt it intermittently over the past couple of weeks, but last night and just now I'm pretty sure that it isn't just gas or something.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Awwwwww! Did you decide about finding out or not?

We found out yesterday that its a girl. The little stinker wouldn't really uncross her legs yesterday so they were about 90% it was a girl. Went back today to verify, and yep, she's definitely a girl. She apparently likes peanut butter cups (had 1) and orange juice...ate/drank it on the way there today...definitely got her moving. She is very active and loves to kick. I know when I start feeling her it will be nonstop. Lol. I joked to DH that we should sign her up for gymnastics right away because she already a little acrobat in there. The tech asked if I could feel her because some if the kicks we saw on the screen were good kicks...but nope. I do think I've felt flutters (like the butterfly in your tummy feeling) a few times, but then again I don't really know, so I'm still kinda waiting on that.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to angie girl

Congratulations!!! Wow, that's so cool! Are you getting extra ultrasounds since you had the recent surgery, or are you just that far along now for the regular anatomy scan? Have you guys talked names yet, or were you waiting to find out the gender?

We have another month to go before our big ultrasound. I think dh is caving - he wants to find out, but he knows I don't want to. Since I have stronger feelings about it, I think he might let me wait for a surprise again!

And Nate LOVED OJ when I was pregnant (little stinker won't drink it now though). OJ and jellybeans were sure ways to get him moving. What I've been feeling lately is the flutters - although it feels so much like stomach/intestine gurgles that it's still hard to tell for sure. One trick I found last time was that laying on my tummy helped me feel the flutters more. Hasn't worked so far this pregnancy though.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

We went to an outside place and paid for it since I'm 15 weeks.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to bayamonesa1

Several school districts in our city were closed due to cold weather this week. We did not. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
Awwwwww! Did you decide about finding out or not?

We found out yesterday that its a girl. The little stinker wouldn't really uncross her legs yesterday so they were about 90% it was a girl. Went back today to verify, and yep, she's definitely a girl. She apparently likes peanut butter cups (had 1) and orange juice...ate/drank it on the way there today...definitely got her moving. She is very active and loves to kick. I know when I start feeling her it will be nonstop. Lol. I joked to DH that we should sign her up for gymnastics right away because she already a little acrobat in there. The tech asked if I could feel her because some if the kicks we saw on the screen were good kicks...but nope. I do think I've felt flutters (like the butterfly in your tummy feeling) a few times, but then again I don't really know, so I'm still kinda waiting on that.

awwww a baby girl!!!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• scraprabbit Said:
And....I think the baby is kicking. I thought I felt it intermittently over the past couple of weeks, but last night and just now I'm pretty sure that it isn't just gas or something.

awesome...mine scared me the first time lol

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

Peg, drinking in the morning at the office? Sweeeeet.

I still have 6 more days of work this year. I have a lot to do before year-end, so days seem to go by quickly.

Sarah, yay on the kicking!

Angie, yay on a little girl!

I remember feeling flutters before kicking.

I've never dealt with snow going to school, but did have to deal with gale-force winds and rain. We lived just a couple blocks from the Pacific ocean. The winds were so strong that they sometimes knocked me over or carried me a few feet. I hated it!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

Don't think I will be enjoying spirits at the office. DH just woke me up to help him get plow truck unstuck and he will be taking that to work at this insane hour. With this crazy wind causing huge drifts, there is no way I will get out of the driveway in 5 hours.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

we had our Christmas "team outing" and had some beers and pizza at a place called the Mellow Mushroom. I only drank 2. They went out drinking after that but I was good and stopped at 2 p.m....went home and saw Joe for a bit and then went and got Kiddo at 5. Spent the rest of the evening with his family and playing hide and seek w the kids

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Just G

I am so tired. Boss dumped a lot of responsibility and work on me the last few weeks. I rose to the challenge at the expense of my well being.

I will not do Christmas - my card making day and baking day - gone as I had to work. No decorations. Supposed to go to an open house tomorrow at my ex sister-in-law's to see my nephew. Not sure I can make it. My back hurts from shoveling the HEAVY snow.

I did go for lunch today - after weeks of not taking a break and eating while working, I was not going to cancel taking my employee out.

I did end up making up the time - not on purpose but needed to finish some work. My efforts have not gone unnoticed so I hope that the next round of cuts, because there will be more, that my name is not on the list.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to corrie fan

Last day of work for the next two weeks. I got a $50 gift card for Archivers from one of my students. Score!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

SCORE INDEED!! I don't go back to work til thursday but i'm not really doing anything yet but getting paid and watching so ....

I am ready for Christmas to be over though. I have a real tree and it's dropping needles like mad! Ready to dump!

Not to mention I have a special surprise for DD. She really wants a bike this year so i got her one from Santa. I'm going to put it on the balcony th night before and have the blinds shut. She will think he forgot when she doesn't see it by the tree. Then I'll tell her "Oh well maybe next year" and open the blinds like I do every morning...and WHAM! Big bow on the brand new bike!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

Peg, did you finally make it out of your driveway?

Jane, hugs.

Nancy, score!

G, that sounds like fun for DD. Niiiiice about not returning to work until Thursday.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

G - that is an awesome idea for the bike.

Jane - sending Christmas spirits your way.

Nancy - LUCKY!!!!

Jen - yes I did finally get out of my driveway. It took DH & I about 3 hours with tractor and plow truck.

I don't think my boss is happy with my not making it in yesterday. Oh well, let him yell at me.

I spent about 4 hours today finishing my Christmas shopping and grocery shopping. Tomorrow DS is going to play at Grandma & Grandpa's house with his cousin so I can wrap everything.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Oh and they delivered the correct piece to my sectional today!!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to pugs223

Peg....3 hours with heavy equipment? Wholly cow!! I was whining when it took me 10 minutes this week to de-ice my car windows I'll think of you the next time my windows ice over.

Woot on the correct sectional being delivered. We had problems with something like that many years ago. We ended up settling with the furniture company when they couldn't match things correctly. Guests never noticed the mismatch, but we knew it was there.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen, that would have driven me crazy. No in else in my house would have noticed though. Need to get the presents under the tree and clean up so I can start the cooking tomorrow. My scraproom has not looked this bad all year. I have been making tags, collecting for a senior book, travel books,a school tray (k-12 pics), and a metal frame. I also made ornaments for my class and that mess is still in there. What a crazy week this has been.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

So, do the dancing bananas get to rest when no one is on the thread? He seems to have a lot of energy.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics