Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

It IS quite here. It's like people have lives

Not me, of course.....here I am. The guys are hogging the TV today for games and football. My scrap area has turned back into a dining room. It's going to be a long day for me.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

Merry Christmas, my friends!!

We are going to my Grandma's tonight for supper. I CAN'T WAIT!!! This is the grandma (well, my only one left) that has cancer, and we were too sick to see her on Thanksgiving, and we haven't seen her all fall since she was diagnosed. Nate seems to be over whatever he had last week, so as soon as dh gets off work (hopefully soon - scheduled till 5, but expected to get let out early) we will head down there.

Then tonight we have to put together Nate's gift - one of those kid-size tables and chair sets. He just doesn't have much his size to sit on these days, so I think he'll really like it.

Gotta go and finish up some goodies I'm bringing tonight while Nate is still napping.

Stay safe all of you who are getting the nasty weather, and have a great holiday if I don't get back on before then!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to scraprabbit

Merry Christmas everyone.

Sarah, glad that you will be able to see your grandma.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to corrie fan

Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe and warm tomorrow!!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to SoonerT

Merry Christmas. Hope it was fantastic

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to foltzy

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Sarah, yay for finally getting to see your grandma.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Luvmyfam

Popping over to wish all my puppies and rainbow friends a Merry Cristmas.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Seaexplore

Merry Christmas Girls!! hope you all had a great holiday!!

Kyleigh and I spent Christmas Eve with Joe's family, then yesterday we did Santa stuff here with just Joe before he went to work, then went to the firehouse and joined the guys for dinner, and then Kyleigh went to see her Dad. Today we get Joe's boys and go back to his moms for left overs and do Christmas with them.

PS while I was at Joe's moms they were looking at a jewelry store catalog for her to look through (Mom got a gift certificate) and his mom said how she loved her "Leo Diamond" engagement ring and wedding band...Next thing I know Joe sat with me (as well as his sister in law and mother and brother) when the engagement ring page was opened and asked me which type of 'ring' I liked from the catalog I picked one and he said it was definitely in his budget :0p

Maybe next year I will be planning more than just Christmas dinner!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• scraprabbit Said:
Merry Christmas, my friends!!

We are going to my Grandma's tonight for supper. I CAN'T WAIT!!! This is the grandma (well, my only one left) that has cancer, and we were too sick to see her on Thanksgiving, and we haven't seen her all fall since she was diagnosed. Nate seems to be over whatever he had last week, so as soon as dh gets off work (hopefully soon - scheduled till 5, but expected to get let out early) we will head down there.

Then tonight we have to put together Nate's gift - one of those kid-size tables and chair sets. He just doesn't have much his size to sit on these days, so I think he'll really like it.

Gotta go and finish up some goodies I'm bringing tonight while Nate is still napping.

Stay safe all of you who are getting the nasty weather, and have a great holiday if I don't get back on before then!

I'm so glad you get to see her!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

G - Sounds like things are going well for you. That's great!

We had a great Christmas. Christmas Day was spent just at home with the three of us and I loved it. We were busy Christmas Eve at my grandma's and then back at my dad's for gifts with him. On Saturday we'll get together with all my siblings and my mom up at her place. Last year we traveled too many days in a row, and Nate did not handle it well. (He was also diagnosed with an ear infection on 12/30 last year, so part of it was that he had been getting sick.) Nate was so excited to see his toddler table/chairs that Santa left him under the tree. Dh just loved playing Santa this year for really the first time, since Nate was too little last year to really understand anything. He got tons of books (he LOVES books) and some more Thomas the Train stuff from the in-laws. I got a blu-ray player for the bedroom that can get Netflix too. Right now we only have a PS3 for a blu-ray in the living room and that's the only place we can get Netflix. Now I can be lazy and lay in bed and watch.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

Joe's son and I are getting along so much better! We hung out today and he even handled seeing Joe rub my back and kiss my head. I was a little tense about it but Joe has had conversations with A to explain that just b/c Mommy and her family aren't outwardly affectionate that it's not a bad thing. And he had the sit down to explain that while he loves mommy in a way that he wants nothing bad to happen to her that she and he would never live together or be married again.

"A" was giving a lot of hugs and wanted to know when he gets to meet my and Kyleigh's family in NY. I tol dhim that if they ever come here he will meet them (didn't want to say we would take him to NY because the ex would freak) I gave him a hug goodnight tonight and he asked when he would see me again and I said "soon" He said "New years Day" and I said OK

Edited by Just G on 12-26-12 05:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

Playing Santa is very fun....this year especially. Ky asked that her big gift be a bike. When she woke up the tree wasn't under the tree but she was so good and didn't say anything about it...so i asked her to open the blinds to the balcony and check if it was snowing and when she did the bike was out there with a big bow. She screamed! It was magical!

Joe wrote a note "from santa" that thanked her for still believing and left a thumb print in chocolate (from the cookies she left) to prove to her step brother that he was still here.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Just G

G- my 16 and 18 year old still say they believe. They humor me. While I know they have known for years, I never had to tell them the big guy did not exist. I remember finding out and feeling sick about the whole thing. Since Santa gives the best gifts, in our house, it is wise to believe.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

The rule is : believe to receive!

Ky is asking questions but its fun for all if us. She was a little creeped out by Ralph the Elf this year (she didn't like him moving into her bathroom or bedroom) so I may tell her about him next year lol

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

We're still trying to figure out (for next year) if we're going to do the Santa thing or not. Nate is too young to understand this year. Dh did in his family (and didn't think it was a big deal when he found out), but we didn't in our family. We all just played along - so we still all "believe".

Off to the doctor to check on how this little bean is doing this morning! Think low blood pressure thoughts for me. I freaked them out last time (it went down by the end of the appt though) - happened every single time last pregnancy, but I have a new doctor and she wasn't happy last time. Oh, and I had switched doctors because, while I like mine, if she was gone I refuse to have one of the other doctors there delivering this one. I talked to her last week and she's taking another 5-week vacation over my due date, so she definitely wouldn't have been there anyway. She was happy I switched clinics and won't be at the mercy of the other doctors there that messed up last time. She's now trying to convince her other OB patients that are due then to switch clinics and not rely on these doctors too.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Both mine told me in Novemeber that they didn't believe anymore. We still did cookies and milk, presents from Santa. It actually takes the pressure off and make it more fun.

Santa never let the big present, mom and dad did that.

We had Buddy the elf this year and they really enjoyed seeing what he was up to.

We also discussed St. Nick and why parents pretend and what not. They loved hearing that story.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

• scraprabbit Said:
We're still trying to figure out (for next year) if we're going to do the Santa thing or not. Nate is too young to understand this year. Dh did in his family (and didn't think it was a big deal when he found out), but we didn't in our family. We all just played along - so we still all "believe".

Off to the doctor to check on how this little bean is doing this morning! Think low blood pressure thoughts for me. I freaked them out last time (it went down by the end of the appt though) - happened every single time last pregnancy, but I have a new doctor and she wasn't happy last time. Oh, and I had switched doctors because, while I like mine, if she was gone I refuse to have one of the other doctors there delivering this one. I talked to her last week and she's taking another 5-week vacation over my due date, so she definitely wouldn't have been there anyway. She was happy I switched clinics and won't be at the mercy of the other doctors there that messed up last time. She's now trying to convince her other OB patients that are due then to switch clinics and not rely on these doctors too.

I have to say that some of my favorite memories were of Santa. It was truly magical. Not many things compare. My friend said no way was she going to do Santa. They are quite religious and didn't want to take away from the meaning of the season. It is a hard call. I will say that I hate it when kids at school ruin it for other kids. I guess if you are going to do it- have an exit plan. I never did and it worked out okay, but some kids do take the whole thing personally.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to 950nancy

I've heard of parents who refuse to do Santa because it's "lying to your kids".

Whatever.

DD told me few days before Christmas that she knew the whole Santa thing was a farce. She'll be 12 in February. I'm not sure how long she's been wise to it, she plays the game really well.

I asked her if DS still believes (he's 10) and she said most definitely.

I'm pretty sure my parents think I still believe in Santa. Like Nancy, we never had that talk in our house.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
I will say that I hate it when kids at school ruin it for other kids.

This! Little jerks.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to kelseymel

Oh, and hello!

I'm not at all caught up, hope everyone had a merry Christmas!

Any hot new year's plans?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics