Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
We're still trying to figure out (for next year) if we're going to do the Santa thing or not. Nate is too young to understand this year. Dh did in his family (and didn't think it was a big deal when he found out), but we didn't in our family. We all just played along - so we still all "believe".

Off to the doctor to check on how this little bean is doing this morning! Think low blood pressure thoughts for me. I freaked them out last time (it went down by the end of the appt though) - happened every single time last pregnancy, but I have a new doctor and she wasn't happy last time. Oh, and I had switched doctors because, while I like mine, if she was gone I refuse to have one of the other doctors there delivering this one. I talked to her last week and she's taking another 5-week vacation over my due date, so she definitely wouldn't have been there anyway. She was happy I switched clinics and won't be at the mercy of the other doctors there that messed up last time. She's now trying to convince her other OB patients that are due then to switch clinics and not rely on these doctors too.

I get doctors need vacations too but 5 weeks???? Good luck with blood pressure

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • 950nancy Said:
I will say that I hate it when kids at school ruin it for other kids.

This! Little jerks.

My biggest problem is PDN step son....Kyleigh asked for the chocolate finger print as proof. And she has it but that little punk (who idolizes my ex) needs to just put it in check. I asked my PDN to have a talk with him but I know he won't.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Oh, and hello!

I'm not at all caught up, hope everyone had a merry Christmas!

Any hot new year's plans?

Hi Mel!!

Joe is working NYE too so I will go to my friends for a bit and then just go hang with him and the guys at the firehouse to get my midnight kiss

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:

I get doctors need vacations too but 5 weeks???? Good luck with blood pressure

She and her dh are from India and their son is still over there. They go back every other year for an extended stay. Their son is still over there, and he graduates from college this summer. Anyway, so that's why the long vacation.

And my blood pressure was 102/62!! Holy cow!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

No hot plans for NYE here. Probably fall asleep by about 10pm. I came home today and slept literally all afternoon. So much for cleaning the house while Nate was at daycare for the day. Guess I'll have to do some of that tonight so my dh doesn't think I'm a total bum. (He knows what's good for him - if he thinks I'm a total bum when I'm home and get nothing done, he never says it!)

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • 950nancy Said:
I will say that I hate it when kids at school ruin it for other kids.

This! Little jerks.

We don't do Santa here either, but my niece and nephew do.....and the twins are VERY GOOD to play along with them so as not to ruin it. I just started doing Christmas a few years ago, as it is. I knew growing up that there was no Santa so I just never started it with the twins. They know about St. Nikolas tho.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ScrappyMama6

Sarah, on good bp numbers!

G, those elves can be fun, but they can also be creepy. Ky is OK with the elf in other rooms, though?

We did the Santa things for a ridiculous amount of years. About the time my oldest two stopped believing, the youngest was old enough to be aware of Santa. Plus, with the Aspergers, he believed until we told him at around age 12. After that we still put extra presents from "Santa" under the tree and the kids loved it. We did that up until a few years ago. We taught our kids that "Santa" is fun to believe in, but once the truth is known, "Santa" becomes more like the spirit of Christmas.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Luvmyfam

Santa is not real or he is very forgetful.

My place got missed. Again. lol

And I only had a few things on my list.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:
Santa is not real or he is very forgetful.

My place got missed. Again. lol

And I only had a few things on my list.

Perhaps you were on his naughty list?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to kelseymel

Then she would have gotten really good presents, Mel.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

Enjoying day 2 of hubby and oldest son visiting g-ma 11 hours away. Going to play with the Silhouette this evening. Told my youngest, who stayed home with me, that for these five days we would be roommates- not mother/son. So far he is into it. Three more to go.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to 950nancy

I love Santa (and I'm Jewish) ...

New Year's Eve we're going to friends ... nothing major, just a handful of couples (and most likely some tequila)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to madmatter

Yum.....tequila! That sounds nice.

Nancy, enjoy your time at home. I can really use some stay-home time right now.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

Scrapped for 5 hours yesterday and finished 2 projects. Feeling pretty good aboout that. I have 17 more to go! I have lofty ambititons.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

Awesome, Nancy!

I haven't had time nor space to scrap since just before Christmas. I now have the space, and I'm crossing my fingers (but not holding my breath) that I'll have time on Tuesday. This "not scrapping" is making me cranky!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen, I have a scrap room, but have all of my stuff spread out on a giant dining room table. I need to see every single episode of House Hunters International apparently.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

Happy New Years girls!!!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Just G

Happy New Year.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to foltzy

Happy New Year!

All the best for 2013.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to corrie fan

Happy New Year

Nancy, I love that show, although I haven't watched it in ages. Today I have time to scrap, but I'm feeling sick. boo. hiss.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics