Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
I drank almost 32 oz yesterday, and then didn't have the appt that day. So today I drank about 24 (because 32 was very unpleasant) and then my appt was late - by about 25 minutes. At 15 min past the u/s tech came by to tell me that it would just be a few more minutes. I asked her just how full my bladder had to be, because I was very full. She looked at me funny and said it could be empty. Yeah, apparently the person setting my appt gave me wrong instructions (you know, the same person who put the appt on the wrong date). At 20 weeks they don't need you to drink anything. She quickly told me where the nearest restroom was.

Please write the office manager and have that person removed from that job!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:
I drank almost 32 oz yesterday, and then didn't have the appt that day. So today I drank about 24 (because 32 was very unpleasant) and then my appt was late - by about 25 minutes. At 15 min past the u/s tech came by to tell me that it would just be a few more minutes. I asked her just how full my bladder had to be, because I was very full. She looked at me funny and said it could be empty. Yeah, apparently the person setting my appt gave me wrong instructions (you know, the same person who put the appt on the wrong date). At 20 weeks they don't need you to drink anything. She quickly told me where the nearest restroom was.

Please write the office manager and have that person removed from that job!

I wanted to find that person (pity I don't know who it was) and pee on them that day.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Melissa, yes......I've heard "whoa" more times than I can count, too.

I love Viva Pearl pen!

Hi Peg!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Not familiar with Liquid Pearls. WHat are they? Is this a new product? HOw do you use it and for what. I just want to know.

They are kind of like they sound.....liquid pearls. I use them to make my own "bling" flourishes, and I love to put a "dot" in the center of my paper flowers.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

I am always a bit fascinated watching my blood go into vials. I, too, have fast running blood. Six vials took no time at all.

Going to a crop on Saturday. I have way too many LO's planned to finish in 12 hours. Gotta power through.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

I once had a lab tech tell me (while untying the tourniquet thingy), "You know we really don't even have to tie this on your arm. We just do it to humor you."

Oooh....have fun at your crop, Nancy! I'm dying to go to a crop, but there aren't many affordable ones near me anymore.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Luvmyfam

Kys grandbake is tomorrow. We practiced with her canned chicken twice now and it hasn't killed me!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Just G

It won't G. It is processed at high heat so even if you don't like the look, it would be fine.

The only thing really that could be unsafe are dented cans but that goes for any dented can.

I just find the canned stuff terribly salty.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to corrie fan

I can't eat chicken in a can. Only did once or twice and the last time I got the flu...not from that obviously, but my brain now associates canned chicken with feeling like carp so I can't eat it.

FB vent - Background: We received news yesterday that DH's grandma was not doing well and not expected to make it through the night so DH went to visit with his mom after work. They decided not to go to nursing home because DH avoids that if at at possible. We saw grandma at Christmas and that's how he prefers to remember the last time seeing her.

Anyway DD and niece are staying with DH's mom for a couple of days to be there for her. DH told DD to call or text him if anything happens with grandma because she would be one of the first ones to hear since she's by MIL's. Didn't get a text or call, but guess what I read on DD's and niece's facebook status from 1am this morning "RIP Great Grandma.....you will be missed"

REALLY!!?!?!?!?!? I know it's the norm for kids but come on. At least wait until the next day when the rest of the family has a chance to hear the news.

I'm trying to restrain from sending them both messages and yelling at them for their inconsideration. I may, just need to calm down first.

Ok rant over.

Diva
In response to pugs223

Wow! I will agree with you...not a nice way to get such news thru FB. A personal call or message would be the right way to do so. Sorry for the lost loved one.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to bayamonesa1

Peg, sorry for DH's loss. Yep...that was insensitive of the niece. Sadly, that's the norm for kids these days.

I have today off It's DH's birthday. Woot. We plan to do a whole lot of nothing today, plus maybe a movie and dinner.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Luvmyfam

Peg - not a good way to find out.

Jen - enjoy your day off and a happy birthday to your husband. lol

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to corrie fan

I'm sorry, Peg. Definitely not cool of them.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Jen!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to kelseymel

Peg - I'm so sorry for your loss. And, honestly, I'd probably talk to the girls about fb and announcements like that. Wait till you cool down first, of course. And, yeah, I'd be ticked at that too.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

at Mr. Jen. I'm going to call him that this week!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I once had a lab tech tell me (while untying the tourniquet thingy), "You know we really don't even have to tie this on your arm. We just do it to humor you."

Oooh....have fun at your crop, Nancy! I'm dying to go to a crop, but there aren't many affordable ones near me anymore.

Me either. It is two hours away and is $50.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

Love the Mr. Jen....I think Mr. Peg sounds pretty good too

I have an announcement....... (no facebook yet)

I HAVE A NEW JOB!!!!!!!

I actually accepted last week and just gave notice. That was one of the hardest things I've done. It kind of felt like breaking up with someone. I mean I've known my boss for 12 years, he's seen my go from recent college grad to a mid-30s married mom. I've been pretty teary all night. But it's time for something new.

New job is recruiting for a large telecommunications company. I'm excited but nervous as well of course.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to pugs223

Congrats Peg!

I wish you well in your new job. When do you start?

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Love the Mr. Jen....I think Mr. Peg sounds pretty good too

I have an announcement....... (no facebook yet)

I HAVE A NEW JOB!!!!!!!

I actually accepted last week and just gave notice. That was one of the hardest things I've done. It kind of felt like breaking up with someone. I mean I've known my boss for 12 years, he's seen my go from recent college grad to a mid-30s married mom. I've been pretty teary all night. But it's time for something new.

New job is recruiting for a large telecommunications company. I'm excited but nervous as well of course.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:

FB vent - Background: We received news yesterday that DH's grandma was not doing well and not expected to make it through the night so DH went to visit with his mom after work. They decided not to go to nursing home because DH avoids that if at at possible. We saw grandma at Christmas and that's how he prefers to remember the last time seeing her.

Anyway DD and niece are staying with DH's mom for a couple of days to be there for her. DH told DD to call or text him if anything happens with grandma because she would be one of the first ones to hear since she's by MIL's. Didn't get a text or call, but guess what I read on DD's and niece's facebook status from 1am this morning "RIP Great Grandma.....you will be missed"

REALLY!!?!?!?!?!? I know it's the norm for kids but come on. At least wait until the next day when the rest of the family has a chance to hear the news.

I'm trying to restrain from sending them both messages and yelling at them for their inconsideration. I may, just need to calm down first.

Ok rant over.

i would have NO restraint! I'd put right on there "could you please call ALL family first before announcing it on facebook?!!"

My condolences

Edited by Just G on 01-25-13 09:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics