Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

Nancy, $50 and 2 hours is a lot for sure. There is one about 45 minutes from me that is $25. I will never ever complain about the cost or drive again. I have a friend who lives too far from that one, so we've been trying to find some in between her area and mine. She is finding crops for about $90 with an over-60 minute drive for us. It kills me to spend that much on fees instead of on product, but space isn't free.

Peg, congrats!! It's almost always bittersweet leaving a long-time employer. And hahaha on Mr. Peg.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

Peg - Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! I was pretty sad when I quit my last job too (teaching 7-8th grade), but it's always exciting to start something new.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Nancy, $50 and 2 hours is a lot for sure. There is one about 45 minutes from me that is $25. I will never ever complain about the cost or drive again. I have a friend who lives too far from that one, so we've been trying to find some in between her area and mine. She is finding crops for about $90 with an over-60 minute drive for us. It kills me to spend that much on fees instead of on product, but space isn't free.

Peg, congrats!! It's almost always bittersweet leaving a long-time employer. And hahaha on Mr. Peg.

It is tough when you think you could do it at home for free. For me, it is something I do a couple of times a year. I usually get a bunch done and I enjoy the people I go with. Since I don't drink I like to think of it as beer money. I save a lot by not drinking.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

Peg, change is great when you go looking for it!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

Nancy, ITA on being able to do it at home for free. I love the social aspect of crops for certain.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Peg, change is great when you go looking for it!

It is great, but scary at the same time. At least for me right now because this is the only job I've ever known. I am definitely giving up some job security but that's the only promising thing of my current situation. Mainly it's about my wanting to try something else since this IS the only professional job I've ever had and I'm not sure if I want to be in this industry the rest of my life.

I will be fine when I start new job on Monday, but for right now, I am a bit nervous. Being at work after giving my notice is really weird. Waiting for the boss to come in. He called me on my way home on Friday asking if there was anything he can do to get me to stay. It will be interesting talking to him today. Hoping I stay strong, he won't get me to stay, but I don't want to break down crying either.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to pugs223

Peg - good luck with the boss today! It's nice that he wants you to stay - that means you've been a good employee!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to scraprabbit

Thank you, Sarah. Yes, he knows I'm always here and give up vacation days when carp hits the fan with my client. He can come and go as he pleases because I'm always here. He even asked if I think he's actually ready to run his own company.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Thank you, Sarah. Yes, he knows I'm always here and give up vacation days when carp hits the fan with my client. He can come and go as he pleases because I'm always here. He even asked if I think he's actually ready to run his own company.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to scraprabbit

Peg, just imagine me sitting on your shoulder whispering all of the annoying things he'd done (and will continue to do).

Good luck, I'm so happy for you!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Nancy, ITA on being able to do it at home for free. I love the social aspect of crops for certain.

This is why I don't go to them. I chit chat the entire time and get absolutely nothing done.

A group of friends and I used to get together to crop. We eventually gave that up and went bowling instead. Then the bowling turned into just going to bars.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Peg, just imagine me sitting on your shoulder whispering all of the annoying things he'd done (and will continue to do).

Thank you! That's what I needed. I was going to try to focus on selfish reasons, but I needed a friend to keep it real.

I told myself I am not going to go into the bad stuff, just have the canned answer of "I'm ready to try something new"

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to pugs223

That sounds like a good plan. After all, he isn't a bad guy, just a ditzy and selfish one, right?

I'll be your devil friend anytime.

Diva
In response to pugs223

congratulations! good luck! You are ready for a new adventure...take advantage and do your best!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to kelseymel

He
  • kelseymel Said:
  • Luvmyfam Said:

This is why I don't go to them. I chit chat the entire time and get absolutely nothing done.

A group of friends and I used to get together to crop. We eventually gave that up and went bowling instead. Then the bowling turned into just going to bars.

I want to do a Crop at your place!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

Peg your sense of loyalty Is alot like mine. You know they depend on you but you do have to expand your professional horizons. I am still very close w an attorney I worked for in GA for 7 years. She still gives me glowing references after leaving 12 years ago

Edited by Just G on 01-28-13 12:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:

You're I like it!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Just G

Well that went really well, besides wanting to cry a few times. Because as Melissa said, he's not a bad evil guy, just can be a bit crazy sometimes.

Bottom line is that he understands, is happy for me, asks me to do as much as I can this week to get the others ready and that the door is open for me if it's not what I expect it to be. He knows that no matter how much money he would offer or if he changed my job responsibilities, that I need to spread my wings because this is all I've ever done since I graduated from college.

Thanks for all of the support.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to pugs223

I have been at the same place for 26 years. I think I read most people change careers 5 times in a lifetime. I would hate that.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

Peg, starting new jobs is always anxiety producing. I've only switched jobs a few times in my life, but I was happy with nearly each one and learned great things at every job that carried over into future jobs.

Melissa, LOL on the bowling.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics