Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
Thank you, Sarah. Yes, he knows I'm always here and give up vacation days when carp hits the fan with my client. He can come and go as he pleases because I'm always here. He even asked if I think he's actually ready to run his own company.

Hilarious!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

Four days later I have not fully unpacked from the crop. My table is too messy to crop.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

I know it sounds sick but one of the best ways I 'decompress' is to organize. I miss having my apartment loft (in the old apt) bc that was my scrap room and when it was set up i had no excuse not to utilize it. now everything is stored in a utility closet.

I had to dismantle my scrap closet last night...it's our storm shelter as well LOL.

I am DETERMINED to finish my last few layouts that have been in there since October.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

G, too bad there isn't enough room in your scrap closet to scrap while you have to take shelter!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

Ooohhhh. I love to organize. I do it more than scrap. At our last crop I met a sales person for that giant rolling cart company. We brainstormed storage ideas for Stickles, washi tape, and everything else we could think of. Had a great time. I fill a big red wagon full of supples for a 12 hour crop. I had 12 days of stuff. I ususally unpack within 24 hours. Not so much this time. I have also gone postal with my Silhouette and need a small intervention.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to SoonerT

Can I join your thread

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Can I join your thread

Sure anyone is welcome to join, just jump and chat

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Can I join your thread

Welcome!!

Yeah, so we were at -40 windchills today. I guess we were anyway - I didn't leave the house. Did a whole lot of nothing today - made cookies, took a nap, colored with Nate and read a ton of books. It was a good day.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

• scraprabbit Said:
  • babigirl Said:
Can I join your thread

Welcome!!

Yeah, so we were at -40 windchills today. I guess we were anyway - I didn't leave the house. Did a whole lot of nothing today - made cookies, took a nap, colored with Nate and read a ton of books. It was a good day.

I am assuming the books were children's books.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• scraprabbit Said:

You really didn't need to send those wind chills my way. I know we're friends and share recipes but you could have been selfish about the 40 below winds

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to pugs223

Peg- is tomorrow your last day?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to corrie fan

Nancy - Yep, children's books. Actually I read just a few books - but read each many times. I get sick of the same ones all the time, but he loves reading and pointing things out on the pages, so I can't say no. He has a ton of books though - I should rotate some out to different shelves so we can get some newer ones in rotation.

Peg - So you got the bad winds too, huh? Trust me, it wasn't my doing! I wouldn't wish those temps on anyone!

Edited by scraprabbit on 01-31-13 06:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Last day at current job tomorrow. I am getting a proper send off with a day of snacks and bloody Marys

When my boss and I talked on Monday, it was concluded that it's time for me to spread my wings and fly. So what does he do today? He buys me a glass bird figurine. Like that's not going to make me feel guilty for ditching him every time I look at it. It was a very nice gesture though.

OK have to get to bed early and behave with the spirited beverages tomorrow so I don't a) say something I might regret or b) make a blubbering fool of myself. I'm very excited about the new opportunity but still going to be sad saying goodbye.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Sarah - the winds have been picking up and temps dropping all day. Advisory starts tonight and goes through noon tomorrow. Did you vet a lot of snow? It may have missed MN, but we got about 6-8 inches, pretty nasty especially now that the temps are freezing.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• scraprabbit Said:
  • babigirl Said:
Can I join your thread

Welcome!!

Thanks for the welcome

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Yes its been very windy here today to

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to babigirl

We were in the little band of no snow! I was happy about that. We got just a dusting on Sunday, and the roads were pretty bad in terms of visibility on Monday, I guess. I was home with Nate on Monday since he was sick though, so I didn't have to drive in it. We're back down to a wind chill advisory now through tomorrow. This morning we were in a wind chill warning. Many schools started late and Sioux Falls even closed. Highly unusual to close because of temps!! I can only remember that happening once ever in my lifetime while I was in school.

Peg - that was sweet of your boss to get you the bird.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

-40? No thank you! I complain when it's +40.

Hi Shatema

Peg, have fun tomorrow!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• scraprabbit Said:
We were in the little band of no snow! I was happy about that. We got just a dusting on Sunday, and the roads were pretty bad in terms of visibility on Monday, I guess. I was home with Nate on Monday since he was sick though, so I didn't have to drive in it. We're back down to a wind chill advisory now through tomorrow. This morning we were in a wind chill warning. Many schools started late and Sioux Falls even closed. Highly unusual to close because of temps!! I can only remember that happening once ever in my lifetime while I was in school.

Peg - that was sweet of your boss to get you the bird.

I read this as "give," not "get"

Edited by Luvmyfam on 01-31-13 09:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

So much for getting sleep part. I started tossing and turning at 4am and finally got out of bed at 5. Good thing is that I have all of treats packed for today, am about to load dishwasher, and pack DS' lunch. I also just enjoyed a 7-layer bar with my coffee - delicious!

Must.keep. moving

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics