Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

G the night with your daugther sounds fun

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Glenda I know all about late nights because my daugther has alot of late nights very late nights

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to babigirl

G, LOL on why you chose the Ravens. But....have you seen Kaepernick with his shirt off? Just sayin'

Cassie, hello!

Shatema, it's a two-edged sword. I love working for my company when it's busy, but it also amps up the anxiety level because being too busy makes it very difficult to meet the rigid deadlines.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

Wow, long day at work yesterday. I'm not going to complain though. I covered three extra classes (and all the issues that happened with those students) because my coworker's mom died - yesterday morning - while he was at work. It was expected soon, but it was still kind of sudden. He got a call in the morning that she didn't have much time left and to come home. He then talked to a couple people about making arrangements for his classes to be covered (we're not allowed to cancel our classes) and while he was in the hallway talking to some people about it he got a call back that she had died. Very sad. His dad died last year too. I want to say she was around 90? 80s at least - she has two great-grandchildren that have both just turned 1. She had terminal cancer for a long time now. Such a sad deal though.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 02-05-13 08:21 AM
In response to babigirl

Hey Jen, Sarah and Jane. I am doing well and Kirk is also doing well. We are currently having some nighttime battles, but I think things will improve soon. His birthday party was great. IT was a lot of fun, but I'm glad it is over because it was so much work.

Edited by CASBa on 02-05-13 08:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 02-05-13 08:22 AM
In response to CASBa

That is really sad Sarah.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to CASBa

Was perusing the new issue of Storage Solutions and on page 128 they showed a craft room. It had my credenza, table, and ladder shelves in it. Pretty cool.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

Sarah, that is really sad. You're not allowed to cancel classes? It's a nice policy for the students, but doesn't sound practical if an emergency arises.

Cassie, I've been seeing Kirk's pics on FB. He is such a cutie. Bummer on the nighttime battles.

Nancy....cool! You obviously have excellent taste. A friend of mine has her room in 2 different magazines this month. We don't get those mags in my area, though.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Glenda I know all about late nights because my daugther has alot of late nights very late nights

she's 9 and this seems out of character for her though....

turns out she's been getting 'goosebumps' books and 'mystery' books from teh library...aka scary stories. i am making her take them back LOL

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
Wow, long day at work yesterday. I'm not going to complain though. I covered three extra classes (and all the issues that happened with those students) because my coworker's mom died - yesterday morning - while he was at work. It was expected soon, but it was still kind of sudden. He got a call in the morning that she didn't have much time left and to come home. He then talked to a couple people about making arrangements for his classes to be covered (we're not allowed to cancel our classes) and while he was in the hallway talking to some people about it he got a call back that she had died. Very sad. His dad died last year too. I want to say she was around 90? 80s at least - she has two great-grandchildren that have both just turned 1. She had terminal cancer for a long time now. Such a sad deal though.

heartbreaking

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to CASBa

• CASBa Said:
Hello everyone! Long time no see. I hope you all are doing well.

Hey Girlie!! Glad to see you and the family are doing well.

Diva
In response to CASBa

Your cards are unique and funny! Love those pin up girls! I just visited your blog.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 02-06-13 08:56 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Your cards are unique and funny! Love those pin up girls! I just visited your blog.

I'm guessing this was in response to me. Thank you very much! I wish I had more time for crafting these days.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to CASBa

Nope, no canceling classes. We have to find a sub. In an emergency we talk to the head of the department and he or the assistant head will run around trying to find a sub. They sent the secretary to find me in the middle of one of my classes to tell/ask me to cover classes later in the day - since they didn't know if I'd be back in my office or checking my email before then. The students pay for the classes, and they are determined (at least in my department) to keep someone qualified in that class no matter what.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scraprabbit

Sarah, I can fully understand no cancelling because the students pay for their classes. I hated driving all the way to school only to find that the teacher wasn't there. On the flip side, there were a few times in my working career where I had to bolt from the office and didn't have time to deal with any issues. I basically had my assistant lock my stuff up for me and I ran out the door. The worst was when my youngest was knocked unconscious at daycare. Thank goodness I work in a family-oriented environment. When I got home, there were messages on my phone from my boss and coworkers. They were all worried about my kidlet!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

Hello friends

Sarah - so sad about your co-worker and not being there. I get not cancelling class but not to the point that it's holding up someone leaving for a family emergency. I would also bet, the students would understand and wouldn't b*tch about having to pay and class being cancelled. I think most would jump and click their heels But thankfully you and others were there to help out.

Cassie - hi, glad to hear everything is good. Are there recent pics of Kirk to bomb us with?

I miss the regular cuteness bombs here.

I can't remember what else I read. My head is spinning with all of the new information it's taking in this week.

New job is AWESOME! There is a lot to learn since I haven't been in the corporate recruiting world, but when it comes to going over resumes and phone interviews and that kind of thing, no problem. It is just getting used to the steps required in the process and approvals and what manager does what. Oh and I still need to get set up on the computer systems and get a phone at my desk with voicemail. In the meantime, I'm observing and absorbing as much as possible and enjoying the onsite cafeteria I'm eating so much better than I used to - soup and salad every day so far.

Miss you all. Obviously I can't play on here during the day anymore. I will try on my lunch breaks on my phone but that's usually a pain to type anything back. But I'll try to keep caught up.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to pugs223

Congrats again Peg. Can't wait to hear more about the new job

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

Peg, reading about your job brought a big smile to my face! I'm glad to hear that you like it. I hate accessing sb.c with my phone. I will sometimes read a thread, but I never log on until I'm at home on my P.C.

G, how is your job going? How long have you been there now?

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 02-07-13 06:56 AM
In response to Luvmyfam

Do I have cuteness to bomb? Silly question!
11 months By CASBa

Little Stinker By CASBa

Captain Kirk, Spock and the Enterprise. By CASBa

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to CASBa

Cassie - Too cute!!!!! He's adorable.

Peg - So glad the job's going well so far!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics