Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to babigirl

Jane, that's a lot of moola for lunch!

Shatema, where do you eat lunch? The 30 minutes seems unfair when it takes 5-10 just to leave the complex. I work in an industrial park area, and it takes 10 minutes just to get to the nearest restaurant, which is a big reason I bring my lunch. I only want to take a 30 minute break.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Luvmyfam

For sure Jen it is pricy. A fast food burger meal is over $7 so not a deal.

I only take 30 mins for lunch. Otherwise I have to stay an extra 30 mins per day.

But since I have a desk job, I can eat whenever. And they often schedule meetings over lunch so I eat during the meeting as my health wins. I may not eat my entire lunch but will bring enough to nibble on to keep blood sugar levels even and no hunger pangs.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to corrie fan

I was spending about $7-8 for soup and salad. For that weekly cost, I can buy a lot of lettuce and soup for the week. It is definitely less (in some cases even 50% less) than what I was paying when going out for lunch at my old job. So when I was first introduced to the cafeteria it was "wow only $7 and it's healthier!" Then I thought about it and added up what I spent for the week on soup and salad...yikes.

So with the extra $$ I bought extra fruit and yogurt and even treats for my 3 o'clock chocolate break.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

Blizzard! Well, actually the blizzard warning doesn't start for another hour since it's not windy yet, but we're looking at a foot of snow and 25-45 mph winds. Right now it's really serene and pretty.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Jane, that's a lot of moola for lunch!

Shatema, where do you eat lunch? The 30 minutes seems unfair when it takes 5-10 just to leave the complex. I work in an industrial park area, and it takes 10 minutes just to get to the nearest restaurant, which is a big reason I bring my lunch. I only want to take a 30 minute break.

Jen they offer food in the back but it's so unhealthy normally what the inmates eat some some days i don't even eat. I bring food and leave it up front and if we get an hour break then i go up ther and eat

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Oh and since i work in a prison we are not allowed to bring our food in the back

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Be safe sarah

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to babigirl

We haven't had a snow day/late start in years. Our cafeteria charges $1 for soup and dessert on Wednesdays. It makes up for the $3.50 school lunches they make during the week that taste like, well, like a school lunch. I always try to bring my own.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

3pm chocolate break? I like your way of thinking, Peg! My problem is that I'm usually ready for chocolate by 9am

Stay safe, Sarah.

Shatema, that really stinks. I can't think straight and get headaches if I don't eat, and I can't stand processed food.

Nancy, I've never had a snow day

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Luvmyfam

Sarah - stay safe and thank you for not sending it this way this time Although we got rain all day today and then it will be freezing temps tonight. I'd rather have snow than ice.

Jen - oh I love chocolate anytime. However my 3pm chocolate break is to give me a little caffeine boost since I drink coffee all morning, then lunch is there before I know it. Then the afternoon slump hits. 3pm chocolate helps.

Never had a snow day? You don't know what you're missing!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to pugs223

Running through. Glad you are liking the new job, Peg.

Hi and welcome, Shatema.

Ummmmm. I got nothing else.

I have to eat with the children and put a little of everything on my plate. Even pineapples, which I hate. It's suppose to show them that I'm willing to try it, blah, blah, blah. It usually doesn't work but some times it does. Last week though they just were not going to try the rice, the mixed vegetables, the orange sauce for the rice. They ate the orange slices and the popcorn chicken pieces. Some even felt the popcorn chicken was to spicy. Bet if they were chicken nuggets they would have eaten them.

School is going. We're entering week 5. I'm exhausted already. Just finished the assignments for the week for my online class. I feel like I have senioritis. I just don't want to do anything because I'm graduating in May.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to foltzy

I don't know Peg, from the sound of snow days, I'm probably better off without them, LOL! I mean.....if I could have the snow day, without the horrid weather, power outages, cold snaps or snow-shoveling, then I'm definitely in!

I used to put a bit of everything on the kids' plates, as well as mine. Sometimes they wouldn't touch it, but they were forced to look at it on their plate. Every few meals I would insist they try everything because our taste buds develop over time. They would take a bite of the distasteful food (anything green in DD's case), gag, and then eat the other items on their plate. One by one, all 3 of began to eat everything on their plate (well....all that was offered....we don't do the "clean plate" club here)without being prompted. My system worked. It was slow, but it finally worked.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

No snow day here! I am currently at home though since every road into the town I work in is either closed or no travel advised. I'm leaving in a few minutes though to try to make it in time for my next class. I was able to find a sub for my first class so I decided not to risk the drive. I hate feeling like I HAVE to be there even when the roads are that bad. I drive 37 miles out in the country - the good/bad thing is that there aren't many cars on that road. Good, because I can drive in whatever lane is clear, but bad since there's not many people passing by if I decide to get stuck or go in the ditch or something. And, of course, I have no cell reception on the few miles that is always the worst (due to steep curving hills). YEAH!!!!!!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Sorry for the vent.

Diva

Such a cute baby!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to bayamonesa1

I just think if all of the districts around you get a snow day or two or three or four every year, you should get one too. Rats. Today there were 7 districts with late starts or closures.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to 950nancy

Sarah - thinking about you. Hope you made it back and forth to work safely.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to pugs223

Thanks! Yep, I made it. I went in a little late and the roads were a lot better. It took me 50 minutes instead of 40, so not too bad. And it was even better on the way back.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Sarah, keep up the safe driving!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

Will do! Now that the wind has died down the roads aren't too bad. I don't teach today, so I don't have to be back out there until tonight when I go to orchestra.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics