Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:
Block the cousin and don't stoop to her level.

Thanks Jane, we did just that but found it weird that she would be so mean and say such awful things about Ashlee.

We are so proud of her and know that she is up against tough competition but like her teacher told us that it never hurts to try out and since Ashlee can sing and is very well it never hurts to try out.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Als_Gal

There is no pleasing some people and they only take enjoyment out of seeing others fail so they try to push you that way. Be the better people.

And if Ashlee does not do well, at least she tried and just prepare her for the potential of both reactions.

If you don't try, you never succeed. To get ahead, you have to take chances and that is what she is learning.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Als_Gal

• Als_Gal Said:

Mom called me and said cousin was right and that we shouldn't let Ashlee try out, I told her no matter what we were letting her try out and if she was good enough to be offered 2 solos in the upcoming school choir performance. Then she is good enough to try out. She knows she will be up against some strong competition and may not make it but according to her you don't win them all the time.

I agree with Jane. DO NOT do anything. Block her so she can't see your postings anywhere on FB. Don't even waste your energy trying to find out the motivation behind her ********. If Ashlee doesn't make it then it's just that she has to keep practicing.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:

Mom called me and said cousin was right and that we shouldn't let Ashlee try out, I told her no matter what we were letting her try out and if she was good enough to be offered 2 solos in the upcoming school choir performance. Then she is good enough to try out. She knows she will be up against some strong competition and may not make it but according to her you don't win them all the time.

I agree with Jane. DO NOT do anything. Block her so she can't see your postings anywhere on FB. Don't even waste your energy trying to find out the motivation behind her ********. If Ashlee doesn't make it then it's just that she has to keep practicing.

Thanks Glinda, Ashlee knows she may or may not make it but what motivates her to try out is the fact that she will never know if she is good enough or not unless she steps up to the plate and trys out. Whether she makes it or not she goes into this knowing that she at least tried out and gave it her all.

Diva
In response to corrie fan

Happy Monday! It is chilly in Orlando, Florida!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Als_Gal

• Als_Gal Said:
  • Just G Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:

Thanks Glinda, Ashlee knows she may or may not make it but what motivates her to try out is the fact that she will never know if she is good enough or not unless she steps up to the plate and trys out. Whether she makes it or not she goes into this knowing that she at least tried out and gave it her all.

The fact that she has the courage to try says so much about her. Determination = success even in small doses.

I was always told I could sing. I was in Chorus, Choir, talent shows, etc. In HS I had the chance to try out for a musical and got all the way there and chickened out last minute. I always wondered what could've been. I applaud her for trying out for something so big

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Happy Monday! It is chilly in Orlando, Florida!

i'm sure it's warmer than 30 degree KY LOL

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

23 here today! But the temp isn't bad. The wind IS. Driving is hazardous with the snow drifting and then the visibility so bad you can't see the drift until you're on top of them.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to scraprabbit

I was in the choir and chorus. I realized I could NOT sing when I had to sing a solo. I decided to stick with clarinet and the sax.

Diva
In response to 950nancy

JCI

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to bayamonesa1

Nancy: I played clarinet and sax too!! small world!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

gave up on eating good today. Had arbys for lunch with a mint chocolate shake....taco bell for dinner. Go Stress Eating!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

I don't even have the energy to write it all out, but this whole week can just go to Hades. I need a do-over. And a big strong drink.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Ditto Sarah.

I will have a big drink for you tomorrow.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

• scraprabbit Said:
I don't even have the energy to write it all out, but this whole week can just go to Hades. I need a do-over. And a big strong drink.

3 more months!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to angie girl

I'm not ready!!! LOL! Except for being sick (which I suspect might be strep throat - going in tomorrow morning to check) I really love being pregnant. And I just don't have anything ready!!!

How about you, Angie? Getting everything all ready for the new baby girl???

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Lol, I said that in response to the drink part. Haha. I've been craving a beer for some ungodly reason...of course I haven't given in to THAT craving. 3 more months for that.

Ya, we're working on the nursery little by little. DH painted it at 18 weeks, the crib and dresser are in there. I bought the stroller/carseat combo since I wanted a pattern that was hard to find...I just ordered I'm the Internet since none of the places we registered at carry it.

Other than that I feel suuuuuper behind on preparations. She has no where to sleep. Ya, she has a crib but we've not bought the mattress or the pack and play. We haven't bought any diapers, wipes, or other supplies. I know that last part only takes one swoop of a shopping trip, but at the same time every time I go to target or wherever, I can't get myself to buy any of it because if I buy everything, it won't leave much on the registry. Having two showers before she's born and possibly one after if we really make it back to Nebraska toward the end of maternity leave. I know I should wait til after the showers to buy much more than just getting the nursery decorated, but its hard to have willpower for that, LOL.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

We're going tropical for Spring Break this year. Free alcohol at the all inclusive. Haven't had a drink for 24 years. Thinking I might "fall off the wagon" for a week. Actually, I just stopped as a New Year's resolution for fun one year and never drank again. My oldest is a senior and we are going on a family graduation trip. Should be fun.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

Angie, I was pretty stressed until everything was ready. For some reason I thought it all had to be done beforehand. I guess it makes things easier, but if my onsies weren't washed, I had weeks off work to get it accomplished.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• angie girl Said:
Lol, I said that in response to the drink part. Haha. I've been craving a beer for some ungodly reason...of course I haven't given in to THAT craving. 3 more months for that.

Ya, we're working on the nursery little by little. DH painted it at 18 weeks, the crib and dresser are in there. I bought the stroller/carseat combo since I wanted a pattern that was hard to find...I just ordered I'm the Internet since none of the places we registered at carry it.

Other than that I feel suuuuuper behind on preparations. She has no where to sleep. Ya, she has a crib but we've not bought the mattress or the pack and play. We haven't bought any diapers, wipes, or other supplies. I know that last part only takes one swoop of a shopping trip, but at the same time every time I go to target or wherever, I can't get myself to buy any of it because if I buy everything, it won't leave much on the registry. Having two showers before she's born and possibly one after if we really make it back to Nebraska toward the end of maternity leave. I know I should wait til after the showers to buy much more than just getting the nursery decorated, but its hard to have willpower for that, LOL.

If there is "big stuff" that you want a specific kind of, I'd actually say to buy that. I spent all this time researching things like strollers, etc. to find the ones I wanted to register for - and people bought me a different stroller, rocker, etc. I've found people will buy what they want anyway.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics