Username Post: Welcome to the Puppies and Rainbow thread....        (Topic#1565201)
scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

Ugh. Not strep throat. I was actually kind of hoping it was - you know, so it could be treated. I've had a cold for 10 days, and the sore throat got severe the last couple of days. I also haven't had a full night's sleep in at least two weeks due to a bunch of different reasons. I feel just horrible. Hard to believe it's just a cold (apparently).

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
We're going tropical for Spring Break this year. Free alcohol at the all inclusive. Haven't had a drink for 24 years. Thinking I might "fall off the wagon" for a week. Actually, I just stopped as a New Year's resolution for fun one year and never drank again. My oldest is a senior and we are going on a family graduation trip. Should be fun.

You'll be a cheap date LOL. I don't drink but once every other month or so and 3 drinks and I'm done

WE went on a vacation 2 years ago to destin with a guy friend and his two boys (18 and 12) and my girlfriend and her daughter (8) The 18 year old taught us how to play beer pong and drank us all under the table. Do not try to keep up lol

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• scraprabbit Said:
Ugh. Not strep throat. I was actually kind of hoping it was - you know, so it could be treated. I've had a cold for 10 days, and the sore throat got severe the last couple of days. I also haven't had a full night's sleep in at least two weeks due to a bunch of different reasons. I feel just horrible. Hard to believe it's just a cold (apparently).

So sorry Sarah....you can't take anything can you?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Just G

G, I have probably had a dozen or so drinks in my life. Just never got into drinking. There is also A LOT of alcoholism in my family, so I was always cautious. The place we are going has several beach bars and everything is included in the cost. I am not opposed to having a fruity drink or two. I hate the smell and taste of any beer.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Just G

• Just G Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:

So sorry Sarah....you can't take anything can you?

Not a lot of good options. I run the Vicks vaporizer in the bedroom at night. I took Tylenol a couple times because my throat was so sore I couldn't sleep. And the last few nights I've been taking Robitussin for the cough, otherwise I'm up coughing all night.

Did I mention that dh is sick with the same thing, and that Nate has decided to fight sleep/naps this whole last week? I ended up sleeping on his floor one night so he wouldn't scream. Dh slept there another night. I'm sooooo tired. And it's back to work tomorrow.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
G, I have probably had a dozen or so drinks in my life. Just never got into drinking. There is also A LOT of alcoholism in my family, so I was always cautious. The place we are going has several beach bars and everything is included in the cost. I am not opposed to having a fruity drink or two. I hate the smell and taste of any beer.

I completely understand. I basically grew up in a bar with my parents and spent the first 10 years of my life under CPS care and in/out of foster homes.

I partied alot (drinking and clubbing) in college but it's not worth all the wasted time/money...
I like the fruity drinks but it upsets my tummy too much.

Diva

So true!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to bayamonesa1

VENT: i think i bit off more than i can chew with training for this new job AND taking computer classes to learn the new job. My brain is swiss cheese

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Just G

G, you can do it. Give yourself a reward when you finish.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

I am passing each lesson but we don't have enough time to really retain and practice what we're learning before we move on. I have to refer back to the examples in notes instead of just 'knowing' what to do. good news is my boss said he's having to to the same thing with his class. He said there is no way to retain the amount of information we are learning and it's a process and error thing.

Whew. Pressure off. He said just pass the dang class LOL

Diva
In response to Just G

Great!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

Yeah for scrappy stuff! Just ordered the Giannt Flowers Cart frmo cricut. Haven't bought any cricut stuff in over a year! I needed some motivation.

I really want nesties for matting my photos (one of my constant scrappy techniques but just can't bring myself to spend the money....

however i did just look at some tutorials on you tube about how to emboss with my cricut and may give that a shot first

I can't wait for Easter so i have some photos !

Diva
In response to Just G

Great news.

I am also thinking about the embossing thing with the Cricut. let me know how it goes.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Hello! How was everyone's Easter? We got the stomach flu here - lovely. We're better now though - just life is really crazy busy! Work is crazy busy for me, dh is at the end of his online class and has his big final paper due this week, we moved our three bedrooms around last weekend (us into the old scrap room, Nate into our room, and Nate's room is the nursery), we are working on switching daycare next month, I have a quartet gig next weekend and an orchestra concert in a couple weeks. I seriously wish life would JUST SLOW DOWN a little! Oh, and new baby is 2 months away and we don't even have a short list of names picked out! We have a middle name for a girl (family name), but no first name for sure, and no clue on boys' names.

Hope everyone's doing well! Any big plans for NSD? Usually I'm hanging around here, but I have scrappy plans with a couple friends I haven't seen in 2 years, so that will be fun!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Oh Sarah, that is quick. I guess I lost track of time. It rushes by when you aren't pregnant. Did you take a smaller room? Pick a name every teacher can pronounce. Otherwise the poor kid will spend the rest of his/her life clarifying.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to 950nancy

No, we actually moved into the biggest bedroom (yeah, my scrap room was bigger than our bedroom - it was the guest room too). So we took the biggest room, Nate now has a decent size room, and the nursery will stay in the tiny room.

And we both like traditional (easy to pronounce and spell) names, so no threat of anything too creative here. But being a teacher is HARD for name choices! I eliminate so many names because I had one of "those" students with a certain name, KWIM?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

We could get 10-18" of snow between last night and Thursday.

I hate winter...er, spring.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

SNOW. That evil 4-letter word. Especially at this time of year.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to corrie fan

Forgot to mention - we're getting sleet in between the snowfalls too - just to make the roads nice and dangerous.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Of course you are. Why not get the full treatment?!?!?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics