Username Post: wooden stamps vs. clear stamps?        (Topic#1565305)
Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Happy Saturday Scrapbook.com Family!

So the big question is wooden stamps or clear stamps?
I have several wooden stamps and I am getting ready to place a stamp order and I noticed that the clear stamps are cheaper than the wooden ones. I know the wooden ones are bigger and or bulkier and people say you can store the clear ones easier. I guess what stamps the best?? Would love all you feedback and comments! Thank you in advance!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Ariwass

I love them both!

(I'm tons of help, eh?)

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to kelseymel

There are also cling mounted rubber stamps, and those are the best of both worlds, in my opinion

I have many sets of clear stamps that I use all the time and I have my older wooden mounted rubber stamps as well. I do have to say that I like the cling mounted rubber stamps better because they're easy to store, but you also get the deep etchings available with rubber. They tend to give a better image when you have the really detailed designs.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to Ariwass

Cling mounted rubber gives you the best of both worlds - red rubber tends to give you a crisper image, while the wood mounted stamps are more expensive, bukier, cost more to post etc. I also use a lote of clear stamps - they're generally cheaper and I like having a variety to choose from.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Christine19850

I started with red rubber ones and then go into the cling stamps with The Angel Company-Stamps are not clear but you CAN see thru the acrylic blocks they mount on. Bought the clear ones and I like them too but I especially like the clear ones in alphabets so I can see to place the letter when making words or phrases and it looks nice and I only have to stamp it once because I could see where to place the letters. BUT I admit I LOVE ALL stamps It just depends what I need and if it is in my budget when I get them. So I am like Melissa, I don't dislike any stamps, maybe just depends on the design and my mood which I use on any given day.
It's OK to like All the stamps

Edited by catzscrapper on 10-09-11 11:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to catzscrapper

Forgot to say, you can get unmounted stamps that are usually cheaper. Then you can mount them on wood with a foam backing or mount them on cling foam to use with acrylic blocks. That's how I got started with the acrylic block kind- but you can use a tic-tac box instead of an acrylic block-less expensive

law
law 
Veteran
law
  • law on 10-09-11 01:38 PM
In response to catzscrapper

I have wood rubber and cling stamps, I love them all. I find that I buy clear stamps most often now because they are easier to clean, store and stamp with. I have a hard time with word placement and dimentional placement clear stamps take the guess work out because you can see exactly where your stamping. But i would buy more of the other style stamps if i really liked the design. i've been scrapping for almost 17 years so i have alot of stamps.

roxybonds
Veteran
roxybonds
In response to law

I'm a huge fan of clear stamps!!! I love that I can see exactly how much ink I have, exactly where I'm going to stamp and they're especially good for two- toned stamping.

Close to my heart stamps are the best quality and thyve just reduced the prices on all their stamps making them so affordable!!

Check them out at CTMH.com/roxybonds

law
law 
Veteran
law
  • law on 10-10-11 12:30 PM
In response to roxybonds

I know I just put in a huge order... Im soo bad been about three years since i ordered from them though.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to law

I have stuck with wood stamps, especially as Stampin' Up doesn't do some of their stamps in clear mount and I like having all my stamp sets the same!

Sharon64
Resident
Sharon64
In response to chile_chicken

I love all stamps, but I'm becoming a real fan of Darkroom Door. I love the stamps and tins they come in.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Sharon64

clear stamps... but i do have both

New Kid On the Block
In response to Ariwass

I have never been big on the wooden ones as they are bulky to store. I use Acrylic ones from close to my heart and love them stores more easily.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to queenbroseb

if it says stamp on it,,,,,I'll buy it.

my favs right now are digi stamps,,,,they take up NO SPACE and I can resize them to whatever size I want,,,,,,

but I love all kinds,,,,I'll buy any stamp that has an image I love

Sharyn01
Tenant
Sharyn01
In response to Ariwass

Definately clear for me. I have to see what I am doing and you cant do that with a wooden stamp. Although I do have several go to stamps that are wooden that I use frequently.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to Sharyn01

Okay, I'm probably biased here, but I really like the detail I get out of red rubber stamps, either cling mounted or wood, although I prefer cling. I've bought CTMH stamps before and they're good, but nothing beats the red rubber for detail and holding ink. Nothing to do to the stamp before first use (like the cheaper acrylic ones you have to "scrape" before they'll hold any kind of ink). I say by Stampi' Up! cling mount stamps!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to sweet1

I prefer the wood mounted stamps because the images (for me anyways) always come out more crisp and clear than acrylic stamps. Because I prefer the wood mount ones, I make the room to store them, so this is not an issue for me. Most of my collection (that started in 1984) is wood mount.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics