Username Post: Perfect Pearls        (Topic#1565357)
vanessa.S
Resident
vanessa.S

What are your thoughts on Perfect Pearls and other pigment powders?I have 4 different sets I bought a long time ago and have yet to use them.How do you use yours?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to vanessa.S

I wanna know, too- I haven't bought any yet, but I like what I've seen and WANT them. They just look cool. Not sure I'm gonna know what to do with them, tho...

-k

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to designguyKORY

I have several sets. Love using them on dark papers. I stamp an image with the perfect medium ink the using the little brush apply whatever colors you want (I like to mix a few colors) and then get the big fluffy brush and run it over to dislodge any extra particles. You will want to set it with a mist of water or fixative because it will smear around. You can also use an embossing folder and emboss then run the ink pad over and brush on as before. If you're feeling really adventurous, put some pigments in a small container and spritz with a bit of water to make a paint. Lastly, you can use a mister with perfect pearls and water to make glimmer mist. Add some alcohol ink for more shimmery color.

Check out youtube for tutorials, that's where I learned all that!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Seaexplore

Oh wow, that sounds sweet. As the kids say. Or is it 'sickening,' now? I can't keep up.

I'm gonna get some Perfect Pearls this PayDay Friday!

(This is why I stalk you, Vanessa, you always pointing me in the fun direction)

k

vanessa.S
Resident
vanessa.S
In response to designguyKORY

Thanks Tiffany I think I'm going to experiment with an embossing folder.Kory you literally make me lol, we're always on the same page with stuff

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to vanessa.S

I have used it to make my own glimmer mist....very pretty!!!!

vanessa.S
Resident
vanessa.S
In response to binkiemonstermom

Ok so I tried it out and I'm not achieving the look I want.I dry embossed paper and only want to get the powder on the raised part but the medium won't really let me and it goes everywhere and also when I dusted the powder off of a stamped image the powder was also stuck on the paper without the image.Am I doing this wrong or am I just being to picky?Oh and can I use a VersaMarker for the powder to stick on??

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to vanessa.S

um... let's see.....

When I do it- I emboss it with the folder, run the perfect medium pad over the top not pressing too hard because you don't want it on the inside of the embossing, dust the pearls over it and brush the excess off, spritz with a little water to set. You will get some in the parts that aren't embossed but it shouldn't cover the whole thing.

I've never used versamark so I don't know if it works the same.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to Seaexplore

I have used versamark with perfect pearls and it has worked well for me for stamping (when I brush off the perfect pearls, all that sticks is the part that is covered by versamark). Have you tried brushing the rest off a little more forcefully? Tiffany is right though, you have to set it afterwards (I didn't one time and it smeared). I used krylon spray. I have also used it like paint (put a little water in the lid and then put a little powder and mixed it).

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to kariyava

There are "perfect pearl" pens you can use to get the medium just where you want it.

I love these powders. And, Lindy's Stamp Gang makes Mica powders that are gorgeous!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to vanessa.S

I haven't had huge success with using them on my stamped images (I think I brush the excess off alittle too forcefully and loose som eof the image) but I LOVE using them with water in the mini misters, or adding water and applying them with a brush (then they don't move ANYWHERE when they dry!). I have the Aged Patina set, and the interference purple (which I can't find on sb.com anymore). I've used them with both perfect medium and versamark ink pads.

Scrappy V
Resident
Scrappy V
In response to vanessa.S

I love them! I also make mists with them, using alcohol ink to color the liquid. I like to mix them into my Distress Inks on my craft sheet. I have a quick photo tutorial on my blog if you'd like to check it out: For the Love of Paper

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Scrappy V

• Scrappy V Said:
I love them! I also make mists with them, using alcohol ink to color the liquid. I like to mix them into my Distress Inks on my craft sheet. I have a quick photo tutorial on my blog if you'd like to check it out: For the Love of Paper

That is a really cool effect!! Thanks for sharing!

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to kelseymel

I've got some that I bought a long time ago...I guess it's time to dig them out and give this a try.

scrappycanuck1
Resident
scrappycanuck1
In response to vanessa.S

I love to mist with them too! I also mix them into Glossy Accents and paint them on with a brush. Then you get a shiny and glossy finish and don;t have to worry about setting them.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to scrappycanuck1

ooooohhhhh mix w/glossy accents! Great idea! Thanks!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics