Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Can you show me what you bring to a crop?        (Topic#1565363)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

I am not looking for a list or a reply saying what you take....I would LOVE to see pics of your carts and bags and what they look like loaded.

I am looking at different options for myself. I have looked the Stanley Fat Max? and the one by Bolton....I am so curious. Please show me what you bring?

I always bring too much but I want a better system to pack my items in. I may have to buy 2 of something when most people only need one....but hey,LOL

Show me your totes and be honest.....do you bring more than just the tote.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to PhotobearSam

I use Creative Memories totes for everything. If you had asked this last week, I would have pictures for you (including how I fit it all into my beetle) but since I've already started to unpack from Saturday's crop you're out of luck this month.

If you can wait until November 17, I'm going away on weekend and I can take extensive photos of all my stuff so you can see how it fits.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to moxiegirl23

a bettle.....sounds interesting....LOL

Can't wait to see that.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Sam take both of my tool boxes as you know. I take my punches, my inks and my distressing stains along with a bag full of flowers, bling and my copics.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Here is what I use (below). I put the art bins (I have multiple) insdie my rolling tote. I only have to take one trip to/from my car for crops.

Lesleyanne
Tenant
Lesleyanne

This is NOT all mine, thank goodness!!! But I carpooled to a crop with two other ladies. A friend and I brought one bag each, and the rest of this, including a giant suitcase and multiple crop bags, was the other lady's. All in good fun, but OMG she had STUFF with her! It filled my SUV, as you can see here:

Resident
In response to Lesleyanne

I bring a folding rolling crate with handle seen here:
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/108393/Off ice-Dep...

I fit my ott lite, seat cushion, mini fan (a room full of chatty ladies it gets warm LOL), my faorite drink for the crop, scrap ma bob, trevis tumbler, folding shelf for stacking

Then my XXL-CIS bought a new one with a coupon from Hobby Lobby. I had one for 13 yrs. and I wore it out. My trimmer, paper, kits, punches, etc. go in here.

Can't go without my AMM cool tote-discontinued which fits all my scrapping tools except my trimmer (which goes in my XXL

K&C Amy Butler bag-discontinued goes along for overflow.

Last but not least-my Generations weekender backpack. I found years ago for conventions-frees the hands and keeps paper from getting bent. I use it for my "purse". cell phone, wallet, advil, etc.

So it's a 2 trip or a one trip from car to room.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to SunshineScrapper1

Oh I also carry my amy butler bag it has all of my bind it all stuff in it.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Sneezy1956

Did a recent blog post about my scrapspace

blog post about scrap space

in it is my setup and a pic of my tool bag I like to keep at hand.

I used to use a rolling cart, like the xxl, but the wheels are a li'l catywompus and a side handle broke (I know, time for a new one). So, I now carry my papers in a paper taker. My misc stuff I roll in a mini rolling duffle bag.

What I need is something better for my cricut e...right now I use a reusable bag from TJ Maxx...but I need something more substantial.
Products Referenced in This Post:

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to mjmone

my friend does the craftsman type of tool chest...she loves it and gets a lot of comments. She says the only thing about it is that she has to take the bottom portion out to get it into her car...

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to mjmone

• mjmone Said:
Did a recent blog post about my scrapspace

blog post about scrap space

in it is my setup and a pic of my tool bag I like to keep at hand.

I used to use a rolling cart, like the xxl, but the wheels are a li'l catywompus and a side handle broke (I know, time for a new one). So, I now carry my papers in a paper taker. My misc stuff I roll in a mini rolling duffle bag.

What I need is something better for my cricut e...right now I use a reusable bag from TJ Maxx...but I need something more substantial.

If you know anyone that sells 31 bags there large tote will hold the expression and their is one that will also hold the baby bug perfectly.

I have two of the big totes one is for my expression and the other holds my big shot and my grand calibur.

RoselynR
Resident
RoselynR

Photos of what I brought to a crop last month...a weekend retreat. I stopped using a scrapbooking rolling tote and now I find it easier to just pack most of my stuff in a rubbermaid plastic tote and roll it on a luggage hand truck.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to RoselynR

I am so excited....I just bought this...

http://www.kent.ca/kbs/en/product.jsp?prdId=5855402&...

I got it for $89 and it's metal so I think I can paint it. It fits 12x12 paper in the bottom and it comes apart in 3 pieces so I can lif them into the SUV....Love it.

eadyscraps
Resident
eadyscraps

What a GREAT idea! Congrats!

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to eadyscraps

PhotoBearSam - that thing is AMAZING! Does it fit a Cricut Expression like some other toolboxes? That would be a selling point for me.

I have to say I love the sunny yellow color - it would be fun to put travel stickers on it like on a suitcase, but scrap related.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to scrapsweet

Oh Sam I love yours wish mine came apart mine are so heavy! I love my two rolling tool boxes

Scrapsweet some of them will hold the expression my two tool boxes will hold the baby cricut. And I just carry my expression the the large 31 tote.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Oh that looks fantastic! You will have to share about how it worked out after your next crop! Congratulations on your find!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to jaxxan

It would not hold the Expression but it would the baby bug....I am not going to use it for that. I will carry my Create in a shoulder bag.

I have a 1 day crop on October 29th and then a 3 days crop in November. I can't wait to use this. I will also bring my tool tote, I have another rolling bag as well. I bring lots to crops but this will really help.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I was at a scrapping retreat this weekend and a couple of ladies had this

http://www.google.com/search?q=fatmax+mobil e+work+stati...

it opens up into 4 tiers and you can work right out of it ... one of the ladies there liked it so much she went right to Home Depot and came back with it ... I'm contemplating getting one, but I already have a Crop in Style XXL and can't really justify the purchase

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to madmatter

This is NOT mine, but our scrappy friend Henri's crop toting method, who's away on a lengthy cruise but I don't think she'd mind if I post this in her name:

My Little Red Craft Wagon By Henri Jean

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics