Username Post: Copic        (Topic#1565571)
Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

Ok so I was a topic on here when I first signed up for this site, a few weeks ago about these. I had never heard of them before. While I was out yesterday getting my sweetest day gift, I looked that them.

I decided to buy one to see what all the rage about them is. I knew I should have asked on here before I committed, I bought Black 100 its a sketch one, I am pretty sure I got the wrong kind after the fact that I got it home and looked at the flyer.

I am looking to buy one or two more of the right kind, but was wondering if anyone could suggest a good color and what not.

I mainly scrap in bright happy colors.
Products Referenced in This Post:

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Scrap Princess72010

First of all, know that copics are VERY addicting. They are awesome for shading. I love my copics!!!!
Now what colors to buy...that is the million dollar question. Basically for copics to work well (blending) you need three in each color group. There are TONS of posts on copics and everyone has their own advice....do a search and get a list going. And print you out a color chart so that you don't buy two of the same color!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to binkiemonstermom

I have black just so I can color the sides of my chipboard and other items like that.

Now I always suggest that you check out Suzzane Dean http://www.scrapbitz-tutorialsandtem plates.blogspot.com... She has a great list on this site that gives you an idea of what you should get.

But, like the other poster said watch out they are addicting.

BTW show you are in Ohio so am I if we are close I would be happy to help you with your colorings.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Sneezy1956

As I have a major big time problem with wanting every single thing in a collection - which is why I have every Tim Holtz ink, embossing folder, and working on the dies, and so on and on, when I turned a corner at Hobby Lobby on Friday and saw the rack of Copics, I turned right around and went the other way! Because of all your addiction warnings, I am safe for yet another short period of time!

For realz, even as I was walking away, part of me ( the demon on my left shoulder? ) was saying, "aw Kory, just get one and see what all the fuss is about...just one, just to try it out."

And the good pary of me said, "keep walking...that's it. if you get one, you'll say well get two more so you have three..." and then I'd be back every day to just get a few more...

I dont know how much longer I can hold out!

K

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to designguyKORY

AAWWWW...come over to the dark side....it's just ONE!!!! LOL!!!!!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to binkiemonstermom

Yes Kory come to the dark side!!!! Thats why I did it, because everyone keeps talkin about them,, before this site i knew nothing of them!!!! Now I own one and have ten in my cart from here!!! lol

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Love my copics I colored most of the weekend now to get cards made

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

honestly, IMHO, which might not mean much, black is probably the LEAST useful color

I use c3, c4, c7 to simulate black, because you can shade those colors,,,,,,once in a blue moon, I'll use a bit of black with my c7,,,,,,

it all depends on what you color,,,,if you color people, you'll want skin tones,,,,,,

if you color animals, you'll probably want greys and browns,,,,,

I started with 2 of each color family, about 3 numbers apart,,,,,,,,,,

my first order had ten markers

my second order had 11 markers,,,,,,

then I bought 25 markers,,,then i bought 4 or 5 singly at M's with coupons,,,,, and I'm pretty much done,,,,,,

I don't feel the need to have all 244 colors Not saying I won't buy more,,,,,,but it will be a few at a time here and there,,

they're not as expensive as they look, really, because you can refill them,,,,,one bottle of refill is good for 10-13 refills depending on the marker.

I don't think you need all 244 colors to get good use out fo them,,,,,,,,,,,just a few in each color category can work well to start anyway.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CommaHolly

Like holly said with refill the price drops drastically, and 2 colors that are about 4 numbers apart and you can use your light and dark together and get the medium color.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to Sneezy1956

I think I need make a list of the ones I want, so I know what I am looking for when I go to the store!

Its making the list that is the hard part!!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I made a list of the colors I wanted from a blog that talked about the colors. I had some people stamps so I knew that I wanted skin tone and hair tone colors. Think about what you will be coloring and start from there. Get a color list going and hunt those colors down. You can add slowly to build your collection.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics