Username Post: No clue on how to use these tools!        (Topic#1565575)
New Kid On the Block

Hi! I'm a newbie! For Sweetest Day my hubby wanted to support my newly discovered hobby of scrapbooking....I started a scrapbook for my daughter 3 wks ago.... So anyway, he bought me a little scrapbooking tool kit that came with a craft hammer and a metal setting base with interchangeable tips- along with a gift card to Michael's! =]
Thing is....I have NO idea how those tools are supposed to be used....my scrapbooking skills are not that advanced...YET!
Anyone know how those things are used?? LOL
Products Referenced in This Post:

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Smgaitan

The hammer and setter and tips and mat are used for setting eyelets - there are lots of Youtube videos showing how that's done. The craft knife is for cutting small things, or the insides of shapes, or things with tricky shapes at the edges. The tweezers are for placing small items. The emery board is for giving the edges and surfaces of paper a distressed look. The piercer is for making tiny holes for brads or stitching, and the round end of it can be used for applying rub-ons or doing dry embossing.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

Welcome to scrapbook.com!

Here's a video that explains everything in that tool kit.

http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/519.html

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have that tool kit and love it- especially the black hole punchers next to the eyelet setters. I use those lots.

-Kory

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman
In response to designguyKORY

Can't help but wonder if her hubby has any regrets on that hammer at all? LOL I know when I used a hammer and eyelets, my hubby was not too happy. Then again it was also 1 am! lol

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Andra Hoffman

• Andra Hoffman Said:
Can't help but wonder if her hubby has any regrets on that hammer at all? LOL I know when I used a hammer and eyelets, my hubby was not too happy. Then again it was also 1 am! lol

scrapbookmonster
Pro
scrapbookmonster
In response to prittb

http://store.scrapbook.com/mm-29056.html

I prefer to use the crop a dile.

ellie.lee
New Kid On the Block
ellie.lee
In response to scrapbookmonster

Agree! LOVE my crop-a-dile. So versitile and quiet. My creative loft is just outside of my bedroom and it doesn't wake my hubby when I use this tool while he sleeps.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics