Username Post: Organizing Stickers and other Embellies        (Topic#1565593)
jennifer.russell09
Resident
jennifer.russell09

Hey all,
I'm currently in the process of organizing my scrap room again and I'm always looking for new ways to organize. The one thing I'm looking at is organizing your stickers and embellies. Currently my stickers are in this 12 file expandable plastic filer. It's so stuffed though that it won't close and it's hard to store that folder of stuff.
I've purchased some baskets this summer at rummage sales that I was kind of looking at to use for organizing. I also have my stickers in categories.

How does everyone else store their embellies? Link up your storage device if you can!

Thank you!

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 10-16-11 09:20 PM
In response to jennifer.russell09

My husband bought me the jetmax cubes, so we just redid my scraproom and everything is stored in those. For small embellies I used old spice jars, pasta sauce jars, tea bag jars and now gravy jars too.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to timon

The Clip it Up is very cool, but takes up too much room for the space I have ...

I have a PSB (paper sticker binder) from Crop in Style .... it holds a ton and takes up very little room ... the downside is I have to pull it out and look through it to get what I need

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to madmatter

I seriously LOVE my Clip-It-Up.
Products Referenced in This Post:

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06
In response to aquabunny

I store my stickers in "the sticker stadium" so far it works for me

SueLovesToScrap
Veteran
SueLovesToScrap
In response to aschlegel06

I use Iris Storage containers (hard square plastic containers that can also hold 12x12 paper); I can get them at M's with a coupon. I like that they come in different colors - I have Halloween and Thanksgiving embellishments in an orange one, Christmas in a green one, Birthday in a pink one, etc. And they're stackable so I just stack them under my craft table.

New Kid On the Block

I made mine own Clip it Ups by buying spinning shoe trees. I used binder rings to attach my stuff to the tree. For items that did not have proper packaging to hang by, I used ziplock bags and punched hole at top. I think I paid around 20 dollars each for the shoe trees

jennifer.russell09
Resident
jennifer.russell09
In response to tiggerandco

Thanks for all the awesome ideas guys! I like the binders and the clip it ups. Although I'm not fond of the price for the clip it ups. Tiggerandco, I will def. look into making my own clip it up.

Timon: Where did you buy/find your jetmax cubes? We are trying to search for them online and we find pictures but not an actual retailer that sells them. Michael's has it listed on their site but no price? You can set the quantity but that's it.

Thanks a bunch!

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet

I'm a Jetmax person too, got mine at Michaels with coupons. However my flat embellies are NOT in Jetmax. I have the Sterlite plastic 3-drawer units that are like 12x12 or bigger, Have 3 of those stacked. It allows me to sort by my own categories and yet pull out the drawer and dig in the category. I even have my flowers in here. I ended up not being a huge flower person, so I put them in ziploc baggies by color and added them to the "nature/flowers" drawer. Plus this way they won't get faded like they could have in clear jars on my window sill.

CountrynCrafty
Veteran
CountrynCrafty
In response to scrapsweet

On pinterest I saw this idea to use a paper towel holder, rings & page protectors that I'm going to try-currently mine is in a binder and it's just not working. You might want to try the pinterest idea too

jennifer.russell09
Resident
jennifer.russell09
In response to CountrynCrafty

Ooh, I just found the idea with the paper towel holder. That is also a really neat idea!! So many DIY fixes. I love it!!

jennifer.russell09
Resident
jennifer.russell09

As I clicked on the paper towel holder, it linked to all these ideas for storing stickers and I thought I would share in case someone else needs the ideas like I do.

http://clubcreatingkeepsa kes.com/blogs/ck_community/ar c...

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I have my stickers & embellies in 3 places. I have PSB sthat someone posted. I have the sterilite 3 12x12 drawers for themes. I have my paper, stickers, dies or embellies that are themed (ribbon) in those specific drawers. I have a wooden bin (from bathroom collection)that I keep all my bling in. I have a plastic box that I keep my flowers in. Same with ribbon.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to timon

I have sticker stands and a HL clip it up and a homemade clip it up to store my stickers and embellishments. I've used this system for 8 yrs. I think my gallery has pictures of my stands.

jajmataj1030
Resident
jajmataj1030
In response to Cricutgirlg

My girl friend gave me a ton of old school photo protectors- the kind our parents used to use LOL, they have a plastic sheet that you open up and then a sticky sheet inside. I put my embellishments in there and put them in a 3 ring binder (3 inch binders, btw) and then I can flip through all of them in a jiffy. Works really well with flat embellishments. i also have a separate one for stickers. I use a clip it up as well, but I find that my binders help more. These are perfect for chipboard pieces and other pieces that come with kits b/c you can see them all at once. Out of sight=out of mind for me. Hope that helps!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to jajmataj1030

I use the Iris Storage containers that pp mentioned. I sort embellishments by colour so I have several of them and just put all my stickers, flowers, bling, flourishes etc. in one bin sorted by blue, green, orange etc....
The bins are pretty large and hold a lot. I use the "clear" type ones and I can see at a glance what colour is inside. I do use a separate one for Halloween and Christmas....

wiccan333
Tenant
wiccan333
In response to CountrynCrafty

While I think the clip-it system outrageously priced I did like the idea enough to make a substitute.
I have found a few problems with the paper towel spinner and this is the answer I have found that works at least for me. Fist let me say I used a wooden paper towel stand.

1. The full sized page protectors (8'1/2" by 11") even with the addition of card stock tend to bend or fall over making turning difficult.
My solution: at first I used heavier chip board remnants, cut into strips and punched with holes then with a glue stick I made a sandwich of 1 strip of card stock, 1 sheet protector and another strip of card stock to stiffen up the protectors spines.

2. The pages are a bit tall and scrap the bottom making turning difficult.
My solution: mounting the towel base onto a Lazy Suzanne. It enabled easy spinning.

3. HUGE foot print! This thing, when filled with pages, measures 22" across!
My solution: I found I didn't have the room for this monster of a homemade clip-it and I didn't like the way the embellishments and stickers would fall over into the page protector to the point I had to stick my whole arm inside of it. I decided to downsize. I bought smaller page protectors of 5-1/2" by 8-1/2" by using narrower protectors the stickers didn't fall over and the footprint measured 12" (the diameter of the Lazy Suzanne)which was small enough to sit on a counter near my work table. With these shorter protectors I was able to drill through the towel holders rod approximately 3" from the bottom and top then inserted a short piece of dowel rod to support and stop the rings from going all the way down to the bottom. By doing this, I am now able to use the bottom of the Lazy Suzanne (which has a rail around the bottom) to hold my Stickles!

I hope these ideas helps those trying the paper towel holder idea.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to wiccan333

I lik ethe paper towel holder ideafor storing stickers i have them all over the place. I'm going to have to write this down somewhere so i'll remember it.

It sounds like a great idea for those special projects i do sometimes.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to cescrapper

I love all of these ideas. I currently have mine in photo boxes, however, I am going to try a version of the paper towel holder clip it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics