Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Saturshoppindayyyy!        (Topic#1566085)
designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Whooohawwwww! PayDaySaturday!

So, I have three very important biweekly holidays!

HotCheck Thursday
PayDay-Friday
And PayDaySaturday.

And these can only be pronounced in the special ways I say them.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my scrapcitement with those who can truly (semi?) appreciate it...

Thanks to some of you on here, I became insanely convinced that I had to have a Crop-a-Dile (a coworker called it a Crock-A-Dilly last week, which really cracked me up) so I used today's Fitty-Off coupn to buy one. First of all, I was so excited by the one day only 50% Off coupon that I printed off a stack of them, dreaming I would drive around to all five local Michael's and come home with my truck's bed full of treasure. Then I couldn't pick out but one thing to buy, so I called it quits and gave coupons away to everyone in front of me in line. But I did get my CropADile! Now, what to do with it?! Whyyy did I uy this?

I was also really tempted by the Zutter binder at Hobby Lobby. Just as I was almost convinced, I began to be seduced by the MyBook? MyStory? The binder than binds by way of a glue strip? So what yall recommend? I thought the heatbinder widda glue strip looked more professional, then I thought the wire ring Zutter just looked cooler... Oh descisions.

But I did end up at Da LSS, and the brand new SMASHBOOK display was up and singing my name! So I bought the black/mod Smashbook, as well as a few of the ASSessories. I got two of the kinda neat tag/label books, the cool giant rubber bands to keep the book closed, the black/white tape, and the SMASHstamp-which I'd never seen online, a rubberstamp/date stamp with fun phrases like STOLEN and SMASHED and other fun things

Aaaaand also back at Hobby Lobby, paper pads/packs waz half off, so I finally got a Tim Holtz pack I'd been wanting, and found a picket fence border punch for 5 bucks that wud make some cute Halloween cards.

So...
That was PayDaySaturday!

-kory

Edited by designguyKORY on 11-12-11 07:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to designguyKORY

SCORES!

On the crop a dile- did you get the big bite or the regular one? I love the big bite but sadly, it mostly gets used at school and passed around to other teachers for punching multiple guess answer sheets. I just had a teacher ask me to borrow it on friday (i was at home since this week was my first week back after maternity leave!), gotta remember to take it back tomorrow. It IS very useful for punching chipboard, holes for ribbon or ring binding, and putting grommets in the center of pages.

Bind it all- I have one and don't use it nearly enough. For some reason (totally user error I'm sure) I can't get the wires to be all pretty and perfectly round.

I'm not too keen on the glue strip binding machines. Not sure WHY tho.

enjoy your new toys. I'm still on a spending freeze here. Unless I can find an iRock and stones when I have coupons.

Linda Haulsee
Veteran
Linda Haulsee
In response to Seaexplore

Wow! You really scored with the deals. I just finished putting in my "free shipping" order here. I can't wait to get all of the small paper packs (6x6)to make paper bag mini albums (my latest obsession). Have a great day!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Seaexplore

I am sooo jealous of your Da LSS! The ones in my area aren't that cool! I'm hitting my Michael's today with my coups as well going to get my Secret Sister her items and I'm thinking about getting the MS scorboard and whatever else I can find. I'm taking my dd's with me with multiple 50 coups!!!
After that I'm going to see what I can find at my A.C. Moore. I have 2 50 coups for them as well!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Sounds like an awesome haul! I'm embarrassed to admit that I've had the pink crop-a-dile for years, and have never once used it. I need to take it out and play. I don't have a Bind-It-All, but I have a Cinch. Super useful tool to create your own books, and I love all the different colored wires.

Have fun with all your new stuff!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Kamananui

Congratulations!

I hope you got the big bite!! I have both, but the big bite is the one I use for almost everything! I still love to use my hammer and hole punch sometimes (to relieve stress and give me that satisfying feeling I get from doing things that way ), but the big bite can be used even when a baby is sleeping! Also, it's so satisfying to punch right through those chipboard elements....even if you have already attached them right to the center of your 12x12 page! It also comes in really handy when someone needs their thick leather belt to "be bigger" or "be smaller"..a new hole in the belt is just one quick, easy punch away! (They really should have put one more size of punch on the cropadile..the "belt hole" size! )

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to justowen

Yes, I did get the CropADile 2... I decided to get it after hearing it mentioned a few times here, AAAAND because I got a bit cranky trying to hammer hole punch through a piece of chipboard.

So yay, it's ScrapDay. Gots some new supplies and I'm gonna make somethin! Well, as soon as this hangover wears off. Clearly, somebody had a few at a Halloween party last night..

K

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Well, congrats on all your new scrap stuff! I have the "big bite" (relative of the Crop a dile)..it's pretty cool..haven't used it much yet.
Enjoy all your new toys!

tluvsscrappin
Expert
tluvsscrappin

It's always fun to shop for scrappin supplies! ENJOY!!!!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Well, I'm happy too. There are not many tools I want but I got a CropADile Big Bite and several Fiskars tools and embellies all 40% off this weekend.

I now have enough paper that I can officially call myself a Horder. Maybe I should change my screen name to PaperHorder. I have one book going and have ideas for four more. Crazy thing is I have not had time to scrap in the last two weeks!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

way to go on your fun shopping day! Enjoy your new stuff! Shopping is so much fun!

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to anda11

I have both the crop-a-dile and the big-bite. Use them both fairly often, depending on my project. I also hit M's today and ours had some albums 50% off so picked up a couple @ 7.99 ea. Just spent a load here last week, plus our M's don't have hardly any Tim Holtz products or other cool stuff like here online.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to SandraB.

Congrats on the haul!

I have both the Cropadile and the Bigbite...use it every so often, but since I got them at a great price, I don't mind not using it alllll that often...

I have the Bind It All (the zutter binder)...LOVE it but haven't used it quite yet...I need to work up the guts to try a mini album...

I got the YourStory or whatever that laminator/binder/gluestri p machine is called as a gift. Sad to say it hasn't even come out of the box. It's just not my style. I just don't know what to do with it...frankly with smashbooks and a bind-it-all and stuff like that, you can live without the YourStory...

Skip the YourStory...buy a Sizzix Big Shot...Tim Holtz has a line of sizzix dies that I think you'd really like...lots of masculine stuff in his line.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by angie girl on 10-30-11 07:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to angie girl

Thanks!
I already have the BigKick and lots of Tim Holtz's dies, which I freakin' love.

I am leaning toward the Zutter binder... I think I just liked the idea of the YourStory making the 'real' book-look, instead of a spiral binding... But then when I thought that was the way to go, I started thinking that, nothe spiral binding looks pretty cool n tough/modern.

Awwww decisions.

In actuality, I will probably end up with both and then never use either. Ha.

I am dang near bursting with excite,emt to start out with my SmashBook! Cant wait to bring it to the office tomorrow to show it off!

K

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

With the Zutter binder you can make chipboard or acrylic mini's...and I'm sure there are materials to make minis out of that you can use the bind it all to make books with, I just can't think right now.

Ya, I totally vote for the Zutter Bind-it-All. Don't forget about the Round-it-All to go with it (rounds the corners of all those same materials (chipboard, acrylic, etc).

Have you seen the Distress it All?

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

And as far as "real look" books go, it only works if you create flat pages. Are you a digi scrapper? I think it would be cool for that purpose, but if you paper scrap with lots of embellies and 3d elements, the YourStory is worthless IMO.

Tenant

I got the original Yourstory a few yrs ago. I made two mini books with it and both fell apart within a week. I was so embarassed as they were gifts. So I got a Zutter a few months back. Although it has a completely different look, you can have more dimension on your pages and no worries of it coming apart. If you are still thinking this over, I would say definitely a spiral bound over a glue binding.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to meagan82one

Thank you!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Whooooo! It is PostPayDaySATURDAYYYY again! I'm prepping for action, on the sofa. Watching a little TV, drinking some Kool-Aid, and getting some buying inspiration from posts above.

I'm headed out to an LSS, with plans to check a Michael's and HL clearance rack or two on the way.

I've even set a budget this time, Instead of a 'basket limit.'. LoL.

I'm also going to get some photos printed today, too. I'm inspired and on a roll!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

K

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06

Sounds like fun! Be careful at HL clearance rack, I don't always feel they are great deals when the same item is on sale at 40% off (don't forget to print off HL coupon!) Dang now I want to go shopping even though I am trying to "be good"! lol

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics