Username Post: What do you do with school photos?        (Topic#1566123)
ariyavatkul
Veteran
ariyavatkul

I'm trying to think of a good way to display my daughter's school pictures. I kind of like the IDEA of the photo mats that have the 12 cut-outs for every school year picture, but don't love the way that they look generally. I'm looking for something that looks a little more modern. Maybe a tray or shadowbox idea? Any creative ideas?

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to ariyavatkul

How about making your own photo mat with 12 spaces? J's and M's both sell 12x12 photo frames. You could customize with your school colors and mascot.

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 10-30-11 05:44 PM
In response to ariyavatkul

I always end up with tons of left-over wallets. I started a mini album to have for each of my boys. I actually had to buy two of the same album and will just add extra pages to have enough for preschool through 12th grade.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to PDRNC

i have a ton of family on my ex's side so they all get it

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Just G

LOVE the shadowbox idea. Then you can make it like a lo and use whatever modern embellies you like, then display it that way.

Wonder if they make an 18x18 shadowbox...a bigger size would be FUN!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to angie girl

Or for something more simple, you could get one of those multi-pic frames and use rubon's on the glass and 3-d embellishments right on the frame itself.

One like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Melannco-Espresso-Col lage-4-Inch-...

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to angie girl

What do I do with mine?

Hide them.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to designguyKORY

We get sent niece's and nephew's school photos each year. They stay on the shelf in the cardboard frame for the year, and then I scrap them in an album specifically for those school photos, and replace them by next year's photos.

In my experience, kids don't like seeing photos of themselves at different ages, so that's why I have only the current ones on display, and the older ones in albums.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to RedSquirrel

I don't generally display school photos because they are awful. My mom still has all of mine and we sit together and look at them and LAUGH. I would've died if she put them up on the wall.

In other news, the shadowbox idea is FABULOUS.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
What do I do with mine?

Hide them.

Me too!

But for the older kids, I have them in a box. This year I didnt even get the twins' Kindergarten pics taken. I took my own. No since spoending $30 twice for crappy pics.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to ScrappyMama6

How about those trays from 7 gypsies?

ariyavatkul
Veteran
ariyavatkul
In response to kariyava

Good point guys...maybe I don't need to display them all at once. I'm thinking its going to look really sparse for the first 5 or so years anyway. So maybe just displaying the current one and I like the mini-album idea for past pics.

I was scared that her school pics wouldn't turn out so I didn't order very many, but I was happily surprised! I guess we'll see about future years though...

Thanks to the linkies to the trays~they're gorgeous and if I don't use them for her pics, I think I need to use them for something! Thanks for all the input!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics