Page 6 of 20 
Username Post: Anyone watching the new show on ABC called "REVENGE"??        (Topic#1566211)
pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to SmartyPants

Beyond ready. Is it 9pm (Central) yet?!?!?!?!

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to SmartyPants

I am...I am!!!

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 01-18-12 08:37 AM
In response to kygirlnfla

Can hardly wait! Hubby won't be home tonight so I can watch in peace. Was talking to my sister's MIL last night about the show. She was surprised about Charlotte (possibly) being David's daughter. She said Victoria favors Daniel so much more, she would have thought if Charlotte was really her lover's daughter, she would have favored her more. Interesting thoughts...

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to PDRNC

• PDRNC Said:
Can hardly wait! Hubby won't be home tonight so I can watch in peace. Was talking to my sister's MIL last night about the show. She was surprised about Charlotte (possibly) being David's daughter. She said Victoria favors Daniel so much more, she would have thought if Charlotte was really her lover's daughter, she would have favored her more. Interesting thoughts...

It could be that Victoria really didn't love David and just got close to him to set him up. Sound familiar? Emily and Daniel.

It is intriguing how Emily and Victoria could have some similarity there. The show also leaves me wondering with both couples if it was fake love or real feelings when it came to the women toward the men in the relationships.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to pugs223

My gut feeling is that Victoria did have genuine feelings for David....but when push came to shove....Greed and Status won out, as she probably felt that she couldn't win against her husband's power. But then what else could explain her distain for her own daughter??? They DO like to keep us guessing, don't they?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• kygirlnfla Said:
My gut feeling is that Victoria did have genuine feelings for David....but when push came to shove....Greed and Status won out

And that is easily replaced with...

My gut feeling is that Emily did have genuine feelings for Daniel...but when push came to shove....Revenge won out.

I LOVE this show!

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to pugs223

[quote=pugs223
My gut feeling is that Emily did have genuine feelings for Daniel...but when push came to shove....Revenge won out.

I LOVE this show!

EXACTLY!!!
But you know how soap opera type shows like to twist and change things up on ya....so I'm not ruling out Emily sparing Daniel any harm regardless her vengeful intentions. Even her Asian Mentor could see her softspot for Daniel and saw the way it might possibilty effect her ability to acheive her goals successfully.

I'm not sure who I'd like to see Emily end up with....Jack or Daniel....any thoughts???
Well, since I usually root for the underdog, I guess Jack....plus I find him a little cuter;~

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

OH I totally want her with Jack because they are childhood sweethearts. The question is if he can forgive her for letting him think the other Emily was her. But in the world of soap operas - Sami forgave EJ for raping her (Days of our Lives) so he will end up forgiving her.

I think she has a soft spot for Daniel because up until this point, he's not that bad of a guy.

The great thing about Emily's revenge so far is that she hasn't been killing anyone, just ruining their lives. If it was a show where she was constantly killing, I'd be bored with it. The intrigue is seeing how she is going to mess up someone's happy little life.

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 01-18-12 03:32 PM
In response to pugs223

Yes, her revenge is definitely to ruin their lives and make them suffer. She doesn't want them dead. I wonder what she will do with this info regarding Charlotte. 3 and a half more hours! I better get my floors done so I can sit back and relax to watch it. Hubby just informed me that he might be home in time to watch Revenge. Funny how he looks forward to it now.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to PDRNC

I'm going for dinner now and DVRing the show so I can fly through the commercials later.

Enjoy all......check ya's later~

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• kygirlnfla Said:
I'm going for dinner now and DVRing the show so I can fly through the commercials later.

Enjoy all......check ya's later~

I dvr all shows and tune in at least 30 min after an hour show starts so I can ff through commercials.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

So what did everyone think? I thought it was great. The ending under the pier was surprising - I think my chin dropped.

Is it not on next week? There were no previews. I will be very frustrated if it isn't.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to pugs223

Spoiler alert:

Well...just as I predicted again! Amanda was set up by Emily and now she's history for now....boy I'm good....lol!!!

Total surprise about Victoria's attorney being in kahoots with Emily though. Watching Emily's reactions to Daniel during and after the proposal I was certain she was wondering IF he was doing it for his Mom or her...then after seeing Emily with the attorney, you know she knew it was gonna happen since I'm sure she directed to the attorney to propose the situation (no pun intended), but I guess she is still wondering about his motives.

When Emily was on the beach with Nolan I thought....here we go, they are gonna slow down the plot to stretch things out....but that was short-lived once Daniel told her that his Mom was raped by David. Of course Victoria never actually said what happened, so Daniel is just assuming. But you could just see the storm brewing in those eyes of hers...of course June 5th (I believe was the date she said,) is a ways off from Fall!

Poor poor Jack....he got his A** kicked didn't he? I was half expecting Amanda to come to his rescue and whoop up on that Dude since he apparantly couldn't man-up for the job. I guess he's gonna go around like a love-sick puppy now with his hottie gone....but you just know that he's gonna resume lusting after Emily again...as if he really ever stopped.

I think it's cool that Emily has a half-sister now and apparently Charlotte wants one too! She's gonna be devastated though when she finds out...especially if the "rape scenario" is allowed to continue for long. I'm sure Conrad won't let that fly for too long though.

Looks like Ashley is feeling like she placed her bet on the wrong horse....so I predict she'll jump back over to Emily's barn real soon!

Yeah....I didn't recall any previews either. Hope it's on next week.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla

I just checked....it's on next week!!!

The previews say that The Greyson's anniversary party is disrupted by a high-profile news story!

Wonder what THAT will be??? Charlotte's real bio-dad being the "Terrorist", I presume.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Do you think Emily really cares about his motives or that her plan is going as she hoped? I took her reaction during the proposal as "I have to look surprised and swept off my feet and not pleased that Victoria is going to hate this"

LOVED the storm brewing in her eyes while Daniel was telling her about his mother being raped.

I so thought the lawyer was on her revenge list, not helping her.

Hmmm..high profile new story...probably that Victoria had an affair with a terrorist and is actually getting divorced from Conrad. Wouldn't that be a fun little anniversary party to attend?

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to pugs223

Yeah, you can see she does have her wheels turning alright, just which direction are they going???

I kinda think she's wondering about his motives. IF not that she actually cares for Daniel romantically, which I have a feeling she does, then because she is thinking of the damage she has already created for innocents in this so far (Jack for instance getting beat-up...and losing who he thinks is Amanda), and now, IF Daniel really loves her...she wonders, if he will be devastated when the truth comes out about her true identity...figuring that she was playing him all along!!!

I think she does have a heart....even if she is trying very hard not to let it affect her through this game of Revenge she is playing.

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 01-19-12 12:31 PM

I'm sure she had feelings developing for Daniel. He is just a pawn in her game of revenge against his parents. I think all that he was saying about her father killed any feelings she might have been developing. It doesn't seem like she really cares about his motive. She already knew from Ashley about the stipulation in the trust. It's all just falling into place for her.

I thought we knew about her alliance with the lawyer and that's why he took Victoria's case. Now that he's not on the case, I wonder how that will play out since Emily no long has an ear in the house.

You could see in Emily's eyes that she hurt for Charlotte. I wonder how her feelings for her half sister will mess up her plans.

Why would the Grayson's want an anniversary party? They can't even stand to be in the same room together.

Why did Emily plant the tapes on Amanda? Did she know from the lawyer that Victoria hired that thug? Remember how she looked at Jack and told him to be careful? She can't want Amanda arrested. I would imagine that could be a problem with fingerprints. Don't forget there was still a tape under Jack's bed.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to PDRNC

I really don't think Emily blames Daniel for the hashness of his words about her father since he "believes" his mother was raped by him. It's Victoria she was seething about.

Yes, she knew about the stipulation....but she wasn't sure how Daniel would deal with the info. She has to wonder if his proposal was sincere or not. Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, but I think she cares for Daniel on some level.

Emily will have Ashley back on her side to keep an eye on things in the Grayson mansion....that's my prediction.

Why would the Grayson's want an anniversary party? Great question!
I went back to my TV and according to the screen guide (Verizon Fios) next Wed it says actually "the Grayson's anniversary"...opps, no party...but still.
Perhaps it's a Company related anniversary???
You're right, there's no way Victoria and Conrad will get back together now.....is there???

Why did Emily plant the tapes on Amanda?
Because Emily was told by Victoria's attorney that she had hired someone to do some "work" for her, she told him she had been given some numbers to call from her former Security Guy...remember hearing that last night? So if Emily wanted it to be believed that (fake)Amanda was Amanda and she was behind the Author's house burning down, she had to plant some evidence at her home (Jack's place where she lived) so it could be found. Also, Emily's team was able to fake the test (I think it was DNA) Victoria asked for that proved that the fake Amanda was the real Amanda. So maybe Victoria believes it for now.

Remember how she looked at Jack and told him to be careful?
Yeah....she loves him...I think she loves them both.

She can't want Amanda arrested. I would imagine that could be a problem with fingerprints.
Yeah, that must be why she got her all packed up and outta there! She's been wanting that from the get-go!

Don't forget there was still a tape under Jack's bed.
Right!!! So I suppose Jack will find that eventually....or Deland. If Daland finds it, he'll feel driven to tell Charlotte she's David Clarke's daughter (if that's the tape left behind) so that could be how Charlotte finds out.

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 01-19-12 01:42 PM

I didn't remember the attorney telling Emily that Victoria hired someone before she planted the tapes. How do I get distracted???? I remember Emily saying something under the pier about leaving Jack out of it and the attorney said that Victoria did that on her own. I thought that was afterward the attack though. I need to rewatch.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to PDRNC

Actually you could be right....I may have been assuming that he told Emily that she hired someone before the Pier scene, since she went there right away and planted the tapes. My bad~

Page 6 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics