Username Post: Stamping Pens        (Topic#1566269)
mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I haven't tried stamping yet, but want to try it. Since I don't even know if I'll like it, I can't justify the expense of Copics. Is there another brand that works as well? I've been looking at the 48-color zigs. Does everyone use copics, or are there a few people around who use other brands?

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to mrsdriver5

I have never tried copics and have no desire to. I do not have a large budget to scrap with and I am perfectly happy with more reasonable priced markers. I usually get the dual tipped ones, fine tip and brush tip at the other end. They work great for stamping or coloring. I also like to use permanent black ink or embossing powder in black, then color in with water color pencils and use a brush and some water to finish. It looks nice and I have fun creating it!
Copics?? Way out of my budget comfort zone, but I am happy with simpler and I enjoy water color pencils

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to catzscrapper

what supplies do you have on hand that you could color with? I love using the distress inks or Stampin' Up inks and a water pen to color in stamps.

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to Rosita

I use distress inks to color in my stamps too. Copic are nice but very expensive. I have tried them and think they are just ok, not good enough for me to pay $6+ a marker

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Amarilys

Copics in the long run really aren't that expensive after you have refilled your copics with a full bottle of refill you are only spending about $2 a pen and each refill after that is cheaper.

But, distressing ink works well with coloring along with water color pencils and many other inks and pens.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Sneezy1956

The main thing is just to try a sample to make sure the ink you use to stamp doesn't run when you apply your color (whichever color you decide to use).

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to dwelch

OK, I've been buying a few stamps and got me a stamp-a-ma-jig this morning, so hopefully I'll have some "play time" sometime today. Thanks for your replies~ (I'm still thinking about getting the zigs, but I'll try working with the distress ink that I have.)

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I love my Zig's! The thin point is thin enough for me to journal with. They seem to last a long time.

Tenant
In response to jaspernonyx

I have about 20 copics and love them, but I found that I don't always want the shaded look so they are not always necessary. I recently watched a Gina K video where she talked about Bic Mark it's and how they can work like copics. I bought a 36 pack for $25 at an office supply store and am quite pleased with them. There is a very nice variety of colors too.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to meagan82one

I have about 50 Bic Mark It's (differing by thickness), and I agree that they are great to work with! And they are inexpensive. Love 'em!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to jaspernonyx

Thanks~I'll check out the Bic Marks.

law
law 
Veteran
law
  • law on 11-03-11 12:05 PM

yup i love my bic mark it's they are bright.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics