Username Post: Equipment        (Topic#1566281)
keukamoon
Tenant
keukamoon

I have been collaging using scrapbook papers, stamping and manufactured products. I want to start making my own stamps and die cuts. I am hoping that some of you may be able to give me some suggestions on what equipment I should consider purchasing. Any ideas/recommendations???

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to keukamoon

There are a lot of options out there that you can consider for a die cutting machine. A lot of people I know have a Sizzix machine, BigShot, BigKick, Vagabond and/or a Cricut: baby bug, expression and the new expression 2. They all have good qualities to them to consider.

I have the BigShot, the Vagabond, Texture Boutique and the Cricut Expression. I love them all for different reasons. I've also used a slice and found it is good but is better for card making.

I'd recommend determining what you might use your die cut machine for, if you're more of a card maker you might be good with a slice or baby bug, but if you are looking for 12x12 page cuts the Expression or something similar might be more beneficial.

I love my Sizzix products for both cards and pages, especially flowers and titles and I use my expression for pretty much everything. There are a lot of great places in the forums for various die cutting machines that you can find out more information about them.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to keukamoon

die cuts get a electronic machine that you can design the cuts on ... i love my silho it does all i want it to. i don't think it's very economical to make your own dies for cutting machines ... lots of metal cutting and sanding and doesn't seem logical. although getting a collection of the basics wouldn't be a bad ideal

um stamps to make those you need the laser print outs on vellum, the negative maker. then you have to pour the gel and let it bake for what ever the time is. then you wash them and cut out the stamp part and attach it to a stamp machine or acrylic block ... teresa collins makes a version for more of personal level ... its fun i used to work for a company that made them (the auto inking address kind) its just not really something to do as a hobbie scale wise (we were making 5000+ stamps a day)
those would be my suggestions

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to keukamoon

If you want to make rather simple stamps, a company called Speedball sells printmaker blocks (they're thin, pink slabs) & cutting tools at M's. Draw your design onto the slab & carve out the negative part (the part you don't want to appear).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics