Username Post: Best Scrapbook Printer?        (Topic#1566287)
twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday

Hi

I will be buying a new printer and with sooo many choices, I am overwhelmed.

I am not a digital scrapbooker. Doing it old school.

My needs:
4X6 and larger
Inexpensive ink
Excellent photo quality
Long lasting quality
sd slot
Hassle Free (good reviews and function)

Preferred:
Wireless or bluetooth
Pigment ink a plus but not if it makes the printer too expensive.
Good editing software

Price Range: $300 or less

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am hoping someone has one they LOVE and would recommend. I have looked at 50+ printers online and in person. Having a hard time narrowing it down. I have a toop 10 I am hoping your favorite is on my list.

Thanks!
Dion

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to twosmilestoday

I dont have any advice on the actual printers but my BFF swears on this website for ink: www.123inkjets.com

good luck!!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt

OOPS - sorry - double post!

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday
In response to Fargomutt

Yes, I have them bookmarked for ink. Seems very reasonable.

Thanks.

Printer advice still needed everyone. Please.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

My printer just does regular letter size but I get my ink on ebay way cheaper than in stores so when you find a good printer don't discount it because the ink is expensive because ink for my printer would be around $70 and I can get it for $11.95 on ebay.

Good luck to you!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
My printer just does regular letter size but I get my ink on ebay way cheaper than in stores so when you find a good printer don't discount it because the ink is expensive because ink for my printer would be around $70 and I can get it for $11.95 on ebay.

Good luck to you!

Just be a little bit careful when you buy ink on e-bay. If you find a good place, stick with them. I've had some bad experiences where people are selling ink that's obviously past its prime and dries up very quickly.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to dwelch

I seem to have found a really good guy and messaged you back dwelch. Have been ordering from the same guy now for almost a year. Never had a problem thank goodness!

The trick on ebay is to read lots and lots of the feedback even the good stuff. Always take the feedback percentage into account but take into account on negative feedbacks from people who are new to ebay as well and people you can just never please. lol

Edited by Cindyckj on 11-03-11 03:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tluvsscrappin
Expert
tluvsscrappin

I have an hp printer just for photos . Size 5x7 to postage stamp. About $130 and the ink is about $25 for 100 photos but i luv cuz i can crop my pics to how i want them.

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday

Thanks for all the feedback on ink.

What Make and Model printer do you use?

Do you like it specifically for photo quality?

Thanks

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Mine is a cannon pixma mp560. I had researched for days and daysand origionally wanted a kodak for the cheap ink but went to many sites and read the review and while the ink was cheap people seemed to have problems with those printer constantly breaking. I needed a new printer because I got a new laptop and my old printer wasn't compatable and couldn't find drivers so I had to get a new printer for pinewood derby award certs and for my scrapbook photos and for cub scout award reports and such.

Make sure you got to a few different sites like best buy, and the office stores and walmart and such and read the reviews and then check on ink prices for it on those sites and then check the ebay prices for ink and hopefully you'll at least find one printer that fits the bill.

Not easy finding a good printer and decent ink prices at the same time.

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday

Thank you for the feedback.

I am going to start a new thread as I have narrowed it down.

Thanks
Dion

Bug4115
Resident
Bug4115

I have a Arison 800. I buy ink probably every 8-10 months and I'm not shy on printing in High Quality. Has the slots, wireless, HD quality and about 70 for ink, if you order from their website, but have found it as cheap as 40 for all ink.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consume r/consDetail....

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Bug4115

Here's a link to best photo printers that gives quite a lot of info on each printer...if you click on the printer, it will take you to a page with full detail....
http://printers.toptenreviews.com/photo-only/

I have the HP photosmart c310A
I've only had it for a month or so but I really like it...it is one of the few top photo printers that will print up to 8 1/2x11...some of them only print 4x6. I sometimes print 5x7 or 8x10 collages etc. so I need to have the printer that will do that. It does have wireless connection and was really easy to set up.
HP advertises that they are the best on ink and I have found them really good so far (I also have an HP officejet for other printing).
Another thing I look for in a printer is individual ink cartridges...some of them have the colours in one cartridge...that's not as good
As far as editing software, you can just use Picasa, it works great and is free....

All that being said, if I had the money right now, I would invest in a larger format printer. I also scrapbook old school but would love to have the ability to print right onto my pages....

Good luck,
Alison

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics