Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Is anyone doing a December Daily?        (Topic#1566313)
parisdame
Diva
parisdame

I've been following Ali Edward's blog and now I am inspired. This is my first year taking on this challenge. If you have done one before share your tips! Thanks

Ursula Schneider
Veteran
Ursula Schneider
In response to parisdame

Don't take tooo many pictures. Just find one thing to focus on each day. And don't worry if you miss a day her or there. It's all good in the end and the point is to have a good time and record your real life during this busiest of months.

Preparing ahead is essential! Oh, and check out the Studio Calico and Ali Edwards kit which is a really awesome value for what you get.

Edited by Danielle Schneider on 11-02-11 10:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimmyS
KimmyS 
Veteran
KimmyS
In response to Ursula Schneider

I like the thought of it but in all honesty,I tend to loose interest to continue with the book after a few days....

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to KimmyS

I looked at her website... that looks like a really cool project. I'd like to try it, I'm just not sure if I'd have a topic for even half of the days.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to *jesse*

I've done it for a few years and have developed my own approach which works best for me. I love playing with my Christmas stash this time of year so I make the album ahead of time but with no numbers on the pages. Then I take photos and jot down thoughts as often as I have time in December. I use a journal app for this now. Then in January (or June) I put it all together. If I know the date I might add the number then but I really don't worry about it too much anymore.
It matters more to me to have the stories of our Christmas journaled, with photos and/or words, then to know it happened on the 7th rather then the 9th of December. I'm very glad I have these little albums to bring out every Christmas and look at years past.

New Kid On the Block
In response to momany

If you're worried about content, I really suggest signing up for Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class. She sends out daily prompts for something to reflect on, take a photo of, etc. And once you join, you're good for as long as the class runs.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to janavansistine

I am. The whole thing is going to be focused on DD and her first Christmas.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

The kit linked above is sold out.... does anyone know where else to get the 6x8.5 album? I've done some searching and haven't come up with one.

Wahkuna
Resident
Wahkuna
In response to *jesse*

I'm doing the DD this year too! I attempted one last year, but didn't even finish creating the album, let-alone filling it! So pathetic- I know! But this year I plan to not only create the DD album, but to get through it and finish (at least by June):-). I ordered the Ali Edwards DD album from Studio Calico the other day, and I can't wait until it gets here, to start!

My problem is that I put too much thought into the album design. I need to just do it and appreciate it for whatever it is once it's finished!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Wahkuna

The album that was included in the Studio Calico kit was made exclusively for the kit and is not being offered apart from the kit (On Ali's blog, many people have asked about the album and that was her response).

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to Shutterbugg

I had so much Christmas stuff I decided not to buy the kit. I'm using this album.
Products Referenced in This Post:

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to momany

This will be my 2nd year. I too have lots of Christmas paper and embellies so I just designed my own pages and found a green AC 8x8 D-ring album (at Big Lots for $5). Last year a used a red one and was quite happy with the way it came out.

jenny2003
Idol
jenny2003
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
The kit linked above is sold out.... does anyone know where else to get the 6x8.5 album? I've done some searching and haven't come up with one.

WRMK's creative dock binder uses 5.5 x 8.5 page protectors.
Products Referenced in This Post:

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday
In response to parisdame

Hi

I am new here. What is a December Daily? What does that mean, what do you do? Also I like the idea of getting a daily prompt for Shimelle how do I sign up for that?

Thanks

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to twosmilestoday

I was thinking about trying to do a December Daily album to give to my mom for Christmas this year. The one on the Ali Edwards blog is so nice though...I'm a little intimidated to try to make my own!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to DNA301

I'm thinking of trying the December Daily, too. Only, I'll have to do a custom version, since the kits are sold out (like everyone already said).

Here's something I'm trying to decide. If one does this project, do they also create LO's for a general Christmas-over-the-years album? Wouldn't that be repetitive?

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to MommaSaid

I plan on making one Christmas LO outside of the December Daily. I don't think it would be repetitive, because the LO would be more general... just a snapshot of Christmas as opposed to specific stories from the entire month, you know?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to *jesse*

Thank you! I definitely see what you're saying. I finally wrapped my head around it all, as it applies to my Holiday scrapping intentions. For me, and probably everyone else, the DD would encompass all the fun stuff, like getting the tree decorated, Santa, Winter romps and whatever else happens (or doesn't) during the holiday season. SO, I can have fun with this project and I can appeal some to my secret desire to pre-make a lot of my scrappy pages. It will be a practice run on a behemoth of a mini album; considering I'm afraid to make minis.....

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to MommaSaid

I don't relate the December Daily to a "real" mini so I still do all of the LOs I want for Christmas.

The DD album is just daily things throughout December. Like a pic of the wreath or the baking ingredients for the cookies. Random stuff that I wouldn't do a lo on (but still related to the small one since it's her first Christmas)

I try to look at it as a "take a minute to breath" book and during that moment taking a pic of something related, printing it and slapping it in the already finished book. Hope that's a bit more info. There is no right or wrong way to go about it

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I was just coming on here to ask the same question. This is my first year attempting. I went through my stash yesterday and put together most of my "kit". I started on my album today and am about half way through. I am using mostly older MM Christmas lines; Mistletoe, Fa La La and St. Nick and throwing in a bit of MME and K&Co. here and there. I found a MM chip/binder album I bought quite some time back and am using that. It's working out great. I still need to work on my album cover as well, but I am really happy with the way it is turning out.

For those of you making/using your own "kits" from you stash. What sorts of things are you using??? Pics???

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics