Username Post: Fiskas circle cutter        (Topic#1566385)
Brownie's Mom
New Kid On the Block
Brownie's Mom

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what is the best circle cutter tool out there? I don't want to spend a lot of money as I've spent waaaaaaaay too much money already buying things and not using them. I have a Fiskars cutter with the circle templates but I can't get it to work properly!!!! Somebody told me that I should buy a glass mat?!?!?!?!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Brownie's Mom

I had that circle cutter and couldn't ever get it to work. So, I made the investment into the creative memories cutting system after seeing how easy it was to use. I love the CM system.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Shutterbugg

I also could never get the fiskers cutter to work, the only other one I had tried was the Martha Stewart circle cutter, not sure if it is the best but it works for me!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MrsAnnieS

I like the EK Success Curvy Cutter System.

I had a Fiskars oval cutter and it was the most terrible piece of equipment I have ever had.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to aquabunny

I vote for the ek success too It cuts really nicely and you don't have to worry about it not cutting through.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to Sneezy1956

I love my CM cutting system. It's so worth it.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to Shutterbugg

I did the same thing. I could never get it right and I always found myself using my sister-in-laws creative memories cutters so I just went ahead and got my own. Now I don't have to wait to use hers. lol

dezignarob
Tenant
dezignarob
In response to lifethroughalens

I love my EK Success small circle cutter - the one that spins inside the frame. I like the small increments, and that you can hold spare blades in the handle.

I have repurposed the tempered glass tray from inside my defunct microwave as my cutting surface, so that was a bit of a saving.

I wish I had better reports about Fiskars things. Their scissors are good, but it seems like a lot of their punches or other cutters end up failing. The ones in the classroom at work are mostly busted after pretty short times. Are they just temperamental and need to be babied? I don't know.

Say, how do I add a link to the product as others have done?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Brownie's Mom

• Brownie's Mom Said:
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what is the best circle cutter tool out there? I don't want to spend a lot of money as I've spent waaaaaaaay too much money already buying things and not using them. I have a Fiskars cutter with the circle templates but I can't get it to work properly!!!! Somebody told me that I should buy a glass mat?!?!?!?!

You do not need a glass mat, but you do need some sort of cutting mat. Since you are using templates, I assume that you are talking about the Fiskars USX cutter. The most common mistake people make with the this cutter is to use the template upside down. Make sure that the "Fiskars" name is right side up, and hold the USX like a computer mouse. It helps, too, to start with the blade pointing in the right direction. Also, start on a straight part of a template, versus a corner (not really an issue with a circle, lol).

Hayley2505
Resident
Hayley2505
In response to Luvmyfam

i have the fiskars shape cutter and circle template and i love them. it took me awhile to get my head around how to use it but it's well worth it. i suggest you look up tutorial videos on youtube and practise with scrap paper.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dezignarob

• dezignarob Said:

Say, how do I add a link to the product as others have done?

I typically respond to threads using the Quick Replay at the bottom, so this is how I do it - after I've made the post, I hit the edit button, and below the text editing area is a button with a star on it that you click to bring up the window to add products. If you reply to a thread a different way - like by hitting Quote or Reply to someone else's post, or if you're starting your own topic - that button will already be below the text editing area while you're writing the post.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to aquabunny

I just purchased the Fiskers and it did take about 10 mins to get going. Thanks to all the tips on here. I love it. Got it 40% off so it's a great deal.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics